Author Topic: Urgent: Felix needs a home - Crewe/Cheshire Area (Now in a rescue - Crewe CP)  (Read 3184 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Thanks for the update Rachel, it's a shame that the home didn't work out but at least she's in a rescue now and hope she gets a lovely home soon xx
I'll move this to the sorted section now  :thanks:
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 19:52:35 PM by Janeyk »
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline rachelandgromit

• Kitten
Re: Urgent: Felix needs a home - Crewe/Cheshire Area
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2010, 19:40:04 PM »
Just the other day Felix was taken in by Crewe Cat's Protection.  They don't have a home for her yet so they said they will get her checked by the vet, etc.... then she will be on the list.

She did have a home with a work colleague but she didn't settle in and 2 weeks later she had messed on her bed, her washing and her kitchen worktop  :shocked: so she mustn't have been happy so it was good that she was able to go to CP.  Hope she finds a new home soon.

Rachel

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2010, 13:45:05 PM »
Any news?

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2010, 06:54:12 AM »
Hi and  :welcome: to Purrs awww she's gorgeous  :Luv: :Luv: hopefully CP will be able to find a foster carer for her very soon and then try and get her a loving forever home as you say it really sounds unsafe to let her out and sad if she doesn't like to be out, hope something is sorted soon  :hug:
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 08:56:23 AM by Janeyk »

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Tallulah & Bridge boy Noah Pesto-chops
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2010, 23:21:10 PM »
 :welcome: over from MSE! I know you only have a month to find this cute little orphan a forever home (or at least a place with a rescue where she will be safe) so my fingers are crossed CP, Purrs or CatChat come up trumps.  :hug:
:'( My beautiful Noah rescued 13/02/09, adopted 11/10/09, taken 11/02/11 :'( You deserved so much more.
Lulu's Catbook
http://apps.facebook.com/catbook/profile/view/10311818

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2010, 19:13:55 PM »
Is it possible to get Felix to a vet to get her checked over and a rough estimate of age - this might help a new owner decide if she was the cat for them.  I don't think she looks anywhere near 10 from the pics, just that she has that 'dragged through hedge backwards' look about her  :Luv2:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2010, 18:40:41 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs

Felix sounds lovely, I really hope she can find the perfect forever home soon  :hug:

Offline CC & The Pussycat Guys & Dolls

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2010, 11:02:54 AM »
I would say she's roughly over 10 by the photos but its possible she's had a hard life with her living outside  :(
Just because your out of sight, does not mean your out of mind <3

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2010, 11:00:13 AM »
What a lovely old girl. I really hope you can find her a new home.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline rachelandgromit

• Kitten
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2010, 10:57:26 AM »
She seems OK with other cats as there seems to be a few that live nearby that always seem to end up in our garden.  Felix was curled up on top of the wheely bin with one of them the other day so I don't think she minds them.

Offline CC & The Pussycat Guys & Dolls

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2010, 10:54:50 AM »
Yes she does look like an older cat by those photos, and really freecycle is not a good place to advertise an animal- you dont know where she would end up  :scared:

Do you know how she is with other cats, dogs etc? I wouldn't be letting her out if she's a bit silly on the road, a dead cats not something nice to find  :(

Hopefully someone here can help Felix out, it may be a case of having to put her on the cp list and waiting for them, things are hard with rehomings right now  :shy:
Just because your out of sight, does not mean your out of mind <3

Offline rachelandgromit

• Kitten
Urgent: Felix needs a home - Crewe/Cheshire Area (Now in a rescue - Crewe CP)
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2010, 10:04:11 AM »
 I posted this originally on Money Saving Expert's pet thread hoping someone could point me in the right direction, and someone recommended this forum, so fingers crossed.  Anyway, here goes:

I live with my friend in her house.  Probably not a wise move in hindsight, but she took in a cat from a work colleague. It was not planned and was short notice as he was emigrating and 2 days beforehand the person who was suppose to take Felix let him down. As far as she is aware it was a stray and he had it for around 9 months.  So, she took it in with a view to finding it a new home as it would have got left behind otherwise. Together we have tried everything, seeing if there is anyone at work who can have her, friends, family, freecycle and all the local rescue places, RSPCA, Cat's Protection, etc.... which are full or not taking in any more cats, we've even looked at places further afield. The best so far is a local cat rescue place who have said to send pictures, description, etc.. and they will put her up on the website as they are full, but if they get any enquiries they will do the vetting, collect her, etc....  However, the local Cats Protection rang yesterday and they are pulling out all stops even though they have a waiting list to try and put her with a foster carer, I am expecting an update at the back end of next week.

The main issue is that we both full time, and it is unfair to have the cat out all the time. She is not a house cat at all and her road sense is awful (friend lives on an estate, but it is quite busy).  The person who had her before lived on a busy road and kept her in.  It just doesn't seem fair to leave her out all day and I fear she is going to have an accident.  My friend also suffers with asthma, and whilst she visits homes who have cats and it doesn't seem to be a problem, if Felix is in the house it is 10 times worse, and she isn't particularly long haired.  This probably hasn't helped by two recent chest infections either.  Felix also has a tendency to go where she wants and even if we try keeping her in the kitchen, she jumps on worktops, etc... which presume is because she has never been told not too!  Cat hair on worktops does not help either. I know people will be asking given this why give her a home in the first place.  Well, none of this information was told to us, that she was a house cat, etc.... and it just seemed like a favour at the time so a poor cat didn't get left behind.   

She has had her now for about 3 months and is now desperate to find her a good home. We are both going travelling mid march for just over 6 weeks and Felix will need to be gone by then.  CP have said that certainly they will find her somewhere to stay before then, I'm just posting on here to help the situation.

So, we have no real idea of how old Felix is.  I have had cats before with my parents and I am guessing she is an older cat just by the way she  acts.  She is slightly overweight, however seems to have lost some of that since she has gone outside and had a bit more exercise.  She has this appearance like she has been dragged through a hedge backwards no matter what, I think she's had a tough life.  As far as we were told she is a girl, no microchip and has been spayed (this is just what was told to us and I don't know where this information was received from, e.g. if her last owners took her to the vets).  Felix is a very 'needy' cat.  I've never known a cat like her.  She craves attention.  If she hears your voice she wants to jump on your knee.  If your hands are near her (try to take a photo of her), she comes and nudges them.  She is very, very loving if you have the time to give her and hates going outside and her preference is to curl up and not move all day in a nice warm house.

We are in the Crewe area of Cheshire and are willing to bring her to a new home if anyone thinks they would like to rehome her.  I'm new to this forum so don't want to put my personal details on here yet but please let me know.  Here are two pictures of Felix.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 19:51:01 PM by Janeyk »

Link to CatChat