Author Topic: We love the new sofa and so do the cats!  (Read 2040 times)

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
Re: We love the new sofa and so do the cats!
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2010, 01:43:24 AM »
That's a lovely sofa!  :wow: I would love to go material instead of leather but I dare'nt!  :scared: My lot are monster's!  :innocent:

Offline Claire_smc

• Hero Cat
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2010, 23:39:58 PM »
That's my thinking too, when we moved it was from a fully furnished house to one with absolutely nothing so we got a lot of things from ebay and freecycle and hand-me-downs from family, so we couldn't be picky! Can't afford to replace anything yet so when we have a bit more cash we'll probably replace furniture one item at a time until it's all the same. Even so, I like such a wide variety of styles and colours and things that if I saw something that I loved, I'd have to have it whether it matched anything else or not, so I'll probably never manage to have a lovely co-ordinated room!

'I love my cats because I love my home, and after a while they become its visible soul'

'I have studied many philsophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior'

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2010, 23:02:27 PM »
Our room is a random mish-mash of any furniture we could get our hands on when we moved in, and all my quirky little things, plus some nice decorative items which just get lost in the confusion of everything else  :evillaugh: I'd love to have a 'proper' looking room like that!

Sounds like our house  :evillaugh: I have random furniture collected since 2001 when I first moved out which I've added to over the years, but nothing matches at all  :evillaugh:

One day when we finally buy a place I'll get colour co-ordinated stuff  :Luv:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Claire_smc

• Hero Cat
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2010, 22:47:58 PM »
Ooh I love the decor too, it's all nice and co-ordinated. Our room is a random mish-mash of any furniture we could get our hands on when we moved in, and all my quirky little things, plus some nice decorative items which just get lost in the confusion of everything else  :evillaugh: I'd love to have a 'proper' looking room like that!

Our sofa has one squashed down back cushion too where Pepsi sleeps, I don't like to straighten it out now as it's her bed and I'd feel bad messing around with it! Take note of the fact that she has a radiator bed, a nice warm hooded bed, plus I leave a little 'nest' of fleeces and blankets on the main sofa cushions for her when we go to bed, but she just ignores them all  :innocent:

'I love my cats because I love my home, and after a while they become its visible soul'

'I have studied many philsophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior'

Offline Debsymiller (Rufus' mum)

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • RIP Layla and Rufus- love you forever xxx
    • East Surrey Cats Protection
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2010, 22:17:21 PM »
Yeah we have the candles going most evenings :) We have always had candles around and so the cats are used to them and don't even attempt to knock them over. For obvious reasons, we wouldn't lleave them unattended but it's never been a problem and they look so pretty! :)

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2010, 22:15:05 PM »
Glad they approve of your/their new settee :naughty: :Luv2: :Luv2:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2010, 22:12:55 PM »
Yep, ours always has the imprints...

Love the fire screen too, are you ever brave enough to light the candles? I wouldn't dare here... :scared:

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2010, 19:21:55 PM »
Ooooh, that looks really comfy, perfect for snuggly nights in  :wow:
Am loving the decor in your room as well, looks fab  :)

Yes it is REALLY comfy! We tried quite a few and settled for this one from Harveys (Lugano) and thanks for the compliment, I am very into making our home look nice so that made me smile!

You will soon have cat shaped squishes in the back of your sofa  :evillaugh:

That is quite probable! I keep on fluffing it up each time I leave the room thinking about it as both Oscar and Jasper have claimed a back cushion each!

Offline CC & The Pussycat Guys & Dolls

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2010, 19:04:03 PM »
likes sleeping on the top as it's nice and chunky.

You will soon have cat shaped squishes in the back of your sofa  :evillaugh:
Just because your out of sight, does not mean your out of mind <3

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2010, 18:55:24 PM »
Love the Sofa - its the same style as my leather one -but wouldn''t mind one like this too .
I have a comfy 3 seater too made of material but the cats have shredded the sides a bit -well Bungly did  :'(
I have been thinking of saving up and replacing it - this would be a perfect match  ;D

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2010, 18:51:55 PM »
Ooooh, that looks really comfy, perfect for snuggly nights in  :wow:

Am loving the decor in your room as well, looks fab  :)

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
We love the new sofa and so do the cats!
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2010, 18:41:51 PM »
It arrived on Tuesday and it's just sooo nice! We've been waiting a good few weeks so am pleased it's finally here! The kitties give it their seal of approval too! Jasper was out when I took the pic but he likes sleeping on the top as it's nice and chunky.

Link to CatChat