Author Topic: Fantastic news  (Read 4959 times)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: Fantastic news
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2007, 21:36:43 PM »
excellent, glad you are finding homes. Wish we could have homes for ferals come up!!
Please spay your cat

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2007, 20:34:47 PM »
awwww...kittens!!!!!! Please dont say any are ginger ;)

Tracey, I have got one little ginger already........he was found in a garden, he's about a week old and Katie has now adopted him with her brood  :Luv:  :Luv:

Offline Tracey

• Adult Cat
    • KatMaid
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2007, 20:17:03 PM »
awwww...kittens!!!!!! Please dont say any are ginger ;)
KatMaid..Staffordshire cat sitter
www.katmaid.co.uk

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2007, 18:09:04 PM »
Sounds pefect! Glad your getting a good run of luck  :)

I will need to the room now cos I'm gonna have a houseful of kittens by the looks of it  :tired:

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2007, 18:04:31 PM »
Sounds pefect! Glad your getting a good run of luck  :)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2007, 18:03:31 PM »
things are looking good  ;D

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2007, 17:57:16 PM »
I've been to do the home check and the place is absolutely fab........they even have electric gates  :yesss:  She is prepared to take more than 6 as she also have a horse box which can be utilised into a cat run that could easily hold a few including scratch posts beds etc.  She said they would mesh the doors on it and that way they can see out and get some fresh air........they will absolutely love it  :Luv:  :Luv:

Also went to another farm to do a homecheck which is out in the middle of nowhere, just fields and more fields.  The couple are after a couple of ferals basically to keep the mice and rat population down but they will be fed regularly, and they have a whole barn to settle into for a few weeks so they can get the feel of the place.........again a fab home for 2 lucky ferals.  I've got some to pick up from Telford and I thought I could get them spayed and 2 of them would be perfect for this place, they have loads of space and plenty of hidey holes  :ahh:

Offline Tracey

• Adult Cat
    • KatMaid
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2007, 18:04:45 PM »
This is fab news Dawn....it's about time you got some good news.
KatMaid..Staffordshire cat sitter
www.katmaid.co.uk

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2007, 10:58:23 AM »
That is wonderful Dawn, am so glad the vet has lots of praise for her.
Please spay your cat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2007, 19:41:12 PM »
Very good news  ;D

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2007, 16:10:22 PM »
 :rofl:  I know, I can't believe it either.........I never get offered homes like this but the vet has nothing but good to say about her so I think I've dropped lucky  :Crazy:  I've just spoken to my friend from the CP and she's over the moon as well, at last the feral boy can get a nice home instead of being stuck in a cage.  I've been thinking today as well, maybe Dudley the farm cat can be my 6th cat.....I'll have to try him out with the others to see how he reacts, up to now he's been an angel, no growling etc but has had a couple of nips at me  :censored:  There is plenty of room on this farm so I'm sure he'll be fine as well and he is used to the outdoors and his freedom  :yesss:  :yesss:

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2007, 16:04:10 PM »
Dawn i am so jealous! This is the only time i would agree to cloning a human so we could all have one like her  :rofl:   :evillaugh:

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2007, 15:36:13 PM »
It sounds like this lady is used to dealing with them so no surprises. She sounds like your guardian angel  :Luv:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2007, 15:20:21 PM »
 :hug: Mark, I'm really excited for them.......I usually feel sick to the stomach when I rehome my ferals but I know they will have a wonderful life, I will miss them but the ones that are going, I can't get near anyway and I'm sure they will settle down in no time........they can do what they want, when they want and have good food and lots of nice comfy beds, an idyllic life for a feral  :Luv:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2007, 15:17:06 PM »
Just the news you needed after having a crap week Dawn  ;D
« Last Edit: April 06, 2007, 15:17:35 PM by Mark »

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2007, 15:16:12 PM »
Even with a few of mine going, it will make a big difference and with summer coming up, this lady will be a god send.  The good thing as well is, she has the same vets that I do so I'll get feedback on how they are doing anyway and the weather at the moment is just brilliant for them.........they will all love it I'm sure  :Luv:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2007, 15:08:46 PM »
That is excellent news Dawn, fingers crossed she can help in the future.
Please spay your cat

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2007, 15:04:55 PM »
I've spoken to Margaret this morning about the ferals and the Ginger one from the CP is more than welcome........I'm so pleased for this little man and I hope everything works out for him.  We will be going over next week and then mine will be getting sorted to go over if all's well.  She has said, once this lot have settled in and been released, she is more than happy to take on more  :yesss:  She sounds just perfect........at this rate, I will have no cats left until the next lot  :rofl:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2007, 16:50:01 PM »
Hope it works for him  ;D

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2007, 11:12:29 AM »
I've got a definite 5 that I have decided on but I'm not sure of the 6th one yet  :'(  I spoke to my friend from the CP last night and we may have the answer.  They have a feral cat in their care at the moment, he's about 5 years old and he isn't coping very well in a pen, and is getting very aggressive.  What I may do is take this one along as he could be penned separately from mine until he can be released.  My only concern is we don't know what he's like with dogs  :-:  All mine are used to big dogs so mine won't be a problem........I'll have to have a think and have a chat to the lady and then make a decision.

I would love to rehome 6 of mine but this little man's need is greater than the one's I have here and taking him instead of one of mine won't cause any hardship........mine are all loose in the house and live the life of riley so I'm sure they won't mind.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2007, 11:24:44 AM by Dawn (DiddyDawn) »

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2007, 08:09:04 AM »
That is wonderful news Dawn - as hard as it will be picking 6 of them, at least you know they will have a fab home.
Please spay your cat

Offline Baggy

• Hero Cat
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2007, 22:14:03 PM »
Liz, I did think it strange and possibly fate......if Pingu hadn't have died, I may possibly have tried to get this babe to our other local rescue......
Odd isn't it, sometimes good things do come out of the worst situations.  Great news at the end of such a sad day  :cheer:

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2007, 21:36:51 PM »
What is it they say Dawn ... every clound has a silver lining :)

Sounds like your ferals will be queing up to go and stay with this lady.  Maybe you should get them to draw straws!  :rofl:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2007, 21:21:09 PM »
The fickle finger of fate  ;D

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2007, 21:18:28 PM »
Now comes the hardest part which ones to go but I'm sure that it will be for the best and it sounds an idyllic location for cats and dogs and the lady sounds wonderful.

Maybe a little help from Pingu in her own special way :Luv:

Liz, I did think it strange and possibly fate......if Pingu hadn't have died, I may possibly have tried to get this babe to our other local rescue......as you know, I am trying to toughen up and not let my heart rule my head and to get my numbers firmly down.  I was feeling obviously upset today and couldn't handle going on a guilt trip as well because I'd turned down a cat in need.  Hubby did his usual "I thought you were trying to get your numbers down" when I mentioned the pregnant cat, but pointed out if I hadn't have took her, I wouldn't have got this fab new home lined up  :)

This will be the hard part, deciding who  :'(  I think I've got 4 in mind that I know would love the life they are being offered, still got to decide on the other 2 yet  :'(
« Last Edit: March 26, 2007, 21:19:07 PM by Dawn (DiddyDawn) »

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2007, 21:06:20 PM »
That is very cool, 6!

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2007, 21:04:08 PM »
Now comes the hardest part which ones to go but I'm sure that it will be for the best and it sounds an idyllic location for cats and dogs and the lady sounds wonderful.

Maybe a little help from Pingu in her own special way :Luv:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Eve

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2007, 20:57:59 PM »
That really is fantastic news DD  :)

Offline Elaine

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2007, 20:35:19 PM »
That is really good news Dawn.  All the best to you for making the decision for which ones will go xxx

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
Fantastic news
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2007, 20:31:28 PM »
Today hasn't been the easiest of days as you can imagine and sorting out pregnant cats was the last thing I wanted to but I'm soooo glad I did.  After I picked this little babe up, I took her to see Sean for a full check up, worming and defleaing.  Whilst I was in there a lady came in with 2 dogs and a cats.  Katie as this little one has now been called hissed at the dogs  :-:  The lady said not to worry as they were farm dogs and used to cats.  It turns out she has 9 cats, 9 dogs and 14 horses......has loads of land and room for more cats  :Crazy:  I couldn't believe what I was hearing, she has offered to take on 6 of my feral babes  :)  :)  She has 4 huge barns which are full of cat beds and she also has 12 secure kennels where they can be housed until they are released  :)  I had a sneaky word with Sean and he said she is a lovely lady, loves all her animals dearly and they all get treated at the slightest thing........just perfect  :)  I'm going to call over and see her in a couple of days and then I have the heartbreaking decision of deciding which 6 to go but I know they will have a fab life  ;D

Link to CatChat