Author Topic: Cov Cats - latest addition thanks to freecycle  (Read 4472 times)

Offline Jasmine

• Hero Cat
Re: Cov Cats - latest addition thanks to freecycle
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2007, 19:00:15 PM »
Angie, I've seen Domino on your website, but have always excluded him 'cos he was too young!
I'll have a word with 'him indoors' when he gets back home later & give you a ring tomorrow.
We are looking at several local rescues though and currently waiting for a call back from the local RSPCA (so far 5 calls & 3 messages left in the last 8 days have been ignored!) regarding a 13 yr old ginger & white I have seen in their Kenilworth shop window - which I know has been there since 5th Nov at least, so his need may be greater.

J

fuzziesdad

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2007, 18:56:09 PM »
I have bookmarked the page and will go back and have a look later thanks for the link angie ;)

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2007, 18:30:51 PM »
cc there is a local freecycle - check it out
http://www.freecycle.org/display.php?region=United+Kingdom

Jasmine , we do actually he's called domino and is on the site. I'v just checked with the fosterer who started the conversation with 'no one will want him, he must be at least 11 or 12 years old'. Interested?

ccmacey

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2007, 18:27:57 PM »
Oh well worth a try, yeah know what you mean about the oldies.

The kitten is for my mum and she has other cats and dosnt think they would accept an older cat, hence the kitten.

She is looking for a tortie as she already has black n whites, a black and a tabby.

She took the black as a stray and I think he has only got on with the others cos they are younger.

Offline Jasmine

• Hero Cat
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2007, 18:21:04 PM »
CC  I would love him & I am looking for another cat, but I would feel guilty if I homed another kitten and left an oldie in a pen with no hope!
If you wait a couple of months, I expect your local rescues will be inundated with the fluffy, cuddley bundles of love :Luv:

Ideally, I'm looking for a DSH, black & white, male (pref) 13+ who is laid back & gets on with other cats, any on your list Angie?

ccmacey

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2007, 18:10:15 PM »
So Angie are there ads for kittens or young cats on this site? Im looking for a kitten and have contacted the local rescues but they have none in. I know this sounds a bit irrisponsible, sorry. I have been also looking through some ads but I have never put a wanted ad in anywhere, whats the point when they wouldnt reply. Could this site maybe help me in finding a cat?

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2007, 17:48:27 PM »
To clarify the situation a bit. I am also the pet moderator of the freecycle group which means I always intervene when animals go on for offer.
Our group do not allow wanteds and people who put wanteds are back on moderation and told off by me with contact numbers for rescues.

I allow offers as I know how full we (and thats all the rescues for all animals!)  are and if a genuine home can be found for an animal via freecycle then it justifies doing so.
With kittens we will always offer to take them on, sadly we do not have the space to take all offers in. We are also expecting to take in a 2 year old queen shortly from freecycle - again as she is a 'high risk'.

freecycle is a network of yahoo groups where people post offer and wanteds for free items - its roots are based in green recycling. Animals don't (hopefully as it's to save landfills!) really fall into this category which is why some groups allow and some don't.

ccmacey

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2007, 17:42:25 PM »
Jasmine are you going to take him, are you?

Is freecycle an ad mag sort of thing?

Offline kelly-joy

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2007, 17:35:41 PM »
Oh that makes me so mad. Gald he is being cared for now though. I think you have your hands full with that one def a mischief maker.

Offline Ellie

• Super Cat
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2007, 16:58:11 PM »
Awwww Angie he is so sweet  :Luv: :Luv:

Mischief would suit him  :rofl:

he looks similar to Jack(still to be named)  :)

Offline Kelly

• Distinguished Cat
  • My first rescues Chas and Dave!!!
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2007, 16:51:29 PM »
What a stunner - I rescued two kittens and a mother off our local freecycle just before christmas - I really wish they would not allow the advertising of animals - they were going to seperate the kittens from their mother at just 6 weeks!

I  have absolutely no doubt this little one will find a home when he's big enough to go  :Luv:
« Last Edit: March 26, 2007, 16:52:00 PM by Kelly »
Only The Educated Are Free

www.catactiontrust1977.co.uk

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2007, 16:46:49 PM »
He does have a look of 'mischief' about him, lol!

Offline Jasmine

• Hero Cat
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2007, 16:42:03 PM »
Oh Angie he is gorgeous, I've been sitting ooohing & aaahing for at least 10 mins!
I am so very, very tempted myself...
OH thinks he looks very naughty.
How could anyone give this little fella up?

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
Cov Cats - latest addition thanks to freecycle
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2007, 15:38:40 PM »
Now being cared for by judith. Homing in/near Coventry only.
7 weeks old, just arrived. Think its a little boy.

Link to CatChat