Author Topic: Grooming - fur loss!  (Read 1313 times)

Offline Reynard

• Super Cat
  • Pearl & Poppy
    • Post 14 Digital Motorsport Photography
Re: Grooming - fur loss!
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2007, 22:33:53 PM »
Proper grooming kit is a really worthwhile investment, Buffy because it makes all the diference to your cat. Once you get on top of the grooming, you won't be getting those kinds of quantities of loose hair for sure, and as you noticed, her coat will look a lot better. This is because grooming helps work the natural oils through the coat and makes it wonderfully shiny.

Offline COSMIC CREEPERS

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2007, 11:34:58 AM »
i also have moomin too who is a shorthair tabby and am going to get a slicker brush to get hers out , its not long enough for a comb

Offline x Beckie x (Buffy)

• Senior Cat
  • x Missy and Pickle x
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2007, 11:23:09 AM »
I know it will be beneficial to her and her coat looks completely different already - a lot healthier and smoother  I was just so surprised for a shorthaired cat its loads of fur!

Offline COSMIC CREEPERS

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2007, 11:18:44 AM »
please dont worry , i have a persian and groom her with a metal comb. She has been loosing a lot of her winter coat the last wk and sat i bathed her and dryed her and gave her a good comb through and i got a massive handful , she looks a lot less fluffy now
over the next few wk it will keep coming out but at least she wnt get a fur ball if you keep grooming her  ;)

although when i have the pile of fur mango does tryto eat it  ;D

Offline x Beckie x (Buffy)

• Senior Cat
  • x Missy and Pickle x
Grooming - fur loss!
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2007, 10:50:24 AM »
I bought a proper grooming wire comb from the pet shop on Saturday and yesterday i ventured to groom Missy for the first time....

I HAVE NEVER SEEN SO MUCH FUR IN MY LIFE!

I must have got a tennis ball sized worth of fur from her and i groomed her again in the evening and i got the same again! I knew she lost a lot of fur and she is moulting at the moment anyway but me and my OH were transfixed at all this fur coming off! At least it will stop our carpet being so furry!

Link to CatChat