Author Topic: Story of Ai Chan the deaf kitten  (Read 8454 times)

Offline Shiroi-Neko

• Distinguished Cat
  • Ai-Chan & Tora
Re: Story of Ai Chan the deaf kitten. Now is one years old
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2010, 23:54:34 PM »
The lady only new Ai chan was deaf. Her White sister daisy was later found out she was deaf when their new adoptive parents. She showed all the signs of a hearing kitten.

The White charley brother of Ai Chan, is he is also deaf
this is Charley

Now one year old Ai chan With my foster cat phillip

« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 23:58:25 PM by Shiroi-Neko »

Offline Tagalong

• Senior Cat
Re: Story of Ai Chan the deaf kitten
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2010, 17:34:16 PM »
lovely  :Luv2:
itisn't just blue eyed who are deaf either -can be any eye colour in white cats.
interesting to know how she was assessed as deaf -it's very hard to be sure within a litter of kittens as they react to the stimulus around them and so compensate for lack of hearing -normally only becomes obvious when the kitten is on its own away from other cats.
Valerie and all my pets

Offline zenagarfield

• Adult Cat
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2010, 20:25:07 PM »
awww what beautiful cats, i have been readng a book called The Character of Cats and there is a section within the book that explains that alot of white cats/dogs have hearing difficulties due to a certain part of the brain that is connected to the spine.
MISSING MISTER - BLACKBURN LANCASHIRE AREA
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,33261.0.html

Offline Shiroi-Neko

• Distinguished Cat
  • Ai-Chan & Tora
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2010, 11:19:17 AM »
Also, is she likely to go in the garden or on a terrace? - if so, it is a good idea to use sun block as white cats are from to skin cancer - especially on ear tips. I'm not sure which brands are cat-safe but sure others can advise.
Thanks for your good advice on the cancer bit Mark :).she goes out on the the large balcony its wired in so no accidents. yes we used to put childs/babys sunblock on my old calico cats ears. i would hate to see A ichan get ear problems due to the sun

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2010, 07:15:57 AM »
Also, is she likely to go in the garden or on a terrace? - if so, it is a good idea to use sun block as white cats are from to skin cancer - especially on ear tips. I'm not sure which brands are cat-safe but sure others can advise.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2010, 16:26:15 PM »
 :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

Offline Shiroi-Neko

• Distinguished Cat
  • Ai-Chan & Tora
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2010, 14:01:15 PM »
:Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: Oh my goodness what a beautiful little girl (mum is a stunner as well).  I love pure whites.  Even though she is a "indoor only" it's advisable to get her micro-chipped just in case the worst happens and she does get out and get lost.
yes it is defo advisable :),I will get her Micro-chipped in middle feb when she goes for her spay appointment

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2010, 13:47:41 PM »
 :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: Oh my goodness what a beautiful little girl (mum is a stunner as well).  I love pure whites.  Even though she is a "indoor only" it's advisable to get her micro-chipped just in case the worst happens and she does get out and get lost.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2010, 13:45:17 PM »
All gorgeous  :Luv:  :Luv2:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Shiroi-Neko

• Distinguished Cat
  • Ai-Chan & Tora
Story of Ai Chan the deaf kitten
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2010, 13:25:55 PM »
Ai's original name was Gemma, her mums name is Pearl, she had 8 kittens of 26 of july 2009, 3 white kittens and 5 tabbys.
Pearl is a rescue cat from HAWs(Hounslow animal welfare). Pearl lived in a foster care home to be looked after while pregnant. Ai chan was only aloud to be adopted as a indoors cat because of her deafness. And we were so lucky to be accepted to be Ai chans new parents!. My 4 yearold daughter fell in love with her and so did my husband. I hope you like my story

This is Ai Chan with her mummy.

these are the other two non deaf siblings Ai chan is the one on the right the littlest

these are all her brothers and sisters :)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 13:26:32 PM by Shiroi-Neko »

Link to CatChat