Author Topic: LOST Grey Male Tabby (Middlesex)  (Read 4458 times)

Offline CatR

• Kitten
Re: LOST Grey Male Tabby (Middlesex)
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2010, 15:33:53 PM »
Hi everyone, sorry I thought I'd set it up to notify my of replies but can't have done as I didn't think I had any!  Yes I've contacted schools, churches, council, everything.  We live in quite a small village and literally everyone knows he is missing, people stop us in the street asking if we've found our cat yet and I don't even know them (my husband has lived here all his life though so people know him)!  Yes Gill, he is microchipped so I can only think that someone has got him and they are feeding him.  Only thing I am worried about is I keep hearing stories of peoples pets going missing and whenever they find them they take them to the vets and they discover that their chip has moved from their neck and is down their leg or something (which I don't think vets won't look for).  I don't know why it would move and both my boys got chipped at the same time so I'm tempted to take him into a vets and ask them to scan him to see if his has moved but even if it has that doesn't guarantee that Rocky's will have moved.  Has anyone else heard of this before and do they know if vets would scan the whole body or just the neck area?  No more sightings or anything for weeks now, it was 16 weeks last Friday  :(

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2010, 16:59:05 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs

Sorry to hear your babe is missing, Im sending out positive vibes to bring him back home soon~~~~Best of luck!  :hug:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2010, 11:55:51 AM »
Have you also targetted vets and schools with leaflets? Is he chipped?

Also have you rung the council  :(

I hope he is holed up in a nice home somewhere and will eventually be on his way home.  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2010, 11:40:18 AM »
Hi and  :welcome:  to Purrs CatR although sadly not under better circumstances, I do remember you from CC and I'm very sorry you've still not found Rocky, hoping that you will have some good news very soon xx  :hug:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline CatR

• Kitten
LOST Grey Male Tabby (Middlesex)
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2010, 11:12:40 AM »
Hi everyone,

I've been posting on catchat since my cat went missing in October not realising about this site too!

My cat Rocky went missing on 23rd October 2009 from the Harefield area of Middlesex.  He is a grey tabby with white triangle on his nose, white bib, short white socks on his front paws and longer white socks on his back paws, he also has a white tummy.  He is very loving and loves to be stroked.  He is 2 and a half years old and lives with us and his brother who is pining for him terribly.

We have posters up around the village, have done door to door enquiries, leafleting, adverts in papers, posters in our car and our friends cars.  We have had a few sightings since October but none of them have turned out to be him.  We had a sighting recently which is promising but thought I'd post on here also to see if anyone on here has any information.

Many thanks xx

Link to CatChat