Author Topic: Kindly don't fuss me - you're unclean!  (Read 2509 times)

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
Re: Kindly don't fuss me - you're unclean!
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2010, 13:42:02 PM »
Mosi is like that - he's a big softie when he wants a cuddle (most of the time) but if he's not in the mood for it he will rebuff me and make it clear he doesn't want it.  Jaffa, on the other hand, is always in the mood.  He never ever acts like he doesn't want to be stroked and accepts it readily 24/7.

Another thing I've noticed is that after I've stroked them they will often wash themselves where I've stroked as though trying to wash away my scent.

Offline Baby British

• Adult Cat
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2010, 21:45:47 PM »
Keeping in with Marley's cleanliness obssession he also has a thing for water. He will sit behind me on the table and watch everytime I wash up (he still loves playing with the soap suds and went through a phase of trying to sit in my empty sink!), if a chain gets flushed Marley will be straight there standing up at the bowl on his back paws to watch it  :shocked: , anyone has a bath or shower then Marley likes to spectate from the side of the bath (and yes he has fallen in on more than one occasion!). Bizarrely though Marley absolutely detests being bathed himself which had to be done numerous times when he had ringworm as a baby.

I love Marley to pieces but he's never right....   :Crazy: :rofl:

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2010, 18:15:37 PM »
I've just found a brilliant way to get Lacie to let me groom her very long and very thick chinnie coat - marmite LOL! I'd just been eating Twiglets and you know how they are quite sticky and leave your fingers all marmitey? I just happened to get the brush out whilst tickling under her chin (distraction methods LOL!) when she must have got the wiff of marmite - so concentrated was she on furiously washing my fingers clean of marmite - I got quite a lot of her trousers groomed without a murmour from her!  ;) It felt a bit gross though, but hey ho, if thats what it takes.....

Offline Mollys Slave

• Senior Cat
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2010, 14:59:49 PM »
Ms Mols washes me all the time - whether I'm clean or not!   Mostly my hands, fingers and arms.   I love it.   :-[ :shy: 

Much as she loves any fresh laundry I have lying -  she'll more often than not - opt for to lay on someting I've worn. 

Offline nickynoo93

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Charlie, Poppy, Wordy and Ollie. RIP Bridge Baby Harry. x
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2010, 10:40:42 AM »
Charlie loves it when I get out of the shower as well, he follows me like a little dog, until i sit down with him, but he does sometimes wash where I stroked him. He loves a fuss now on his terms, but its taken 3 months to get this far, this week I've had 3 sits on lap, 2 cuddles in bed. Thats more than the last 3 months put together. I've been home with them for well over a week this has helped him a lot.
Nickyx

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2010, 01:26:06 AM »
I reckon they are trying to wash away the new smell and turn you back into their cat that was a typo lol meant slave  :rofl:

Offline Wibblechick

• Royal Cat
  • Mr T and Chloe - We will meet again at the Bridge
  • Slave to: Celyn and Olwyn
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2010, 19:50:32 PM »
I wonder if the licking after a bath/shower thing is them trying to DRY us rather than wash us ?  After all, a wet cat uses his/her tongue to dry ......

Mr T does it - I come out of the bathroom and hes straight after me - lick, lick, lick!  He shows a marked preference for doing this after a L'Occitaine  product bath, but he will accept  Lush bath products at  a pinch!!  :evillaugh: :rofl:

Chloe cant be  bothred with me, but if OH has done any washing up she fusses over his hands  until she thinks he is back to how she likes him!  :Luv2:
People Power Works!!!

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2010, 19:40:02 PM »
OMG that is Zephyr 100% ... he always rubs against me and even licks my legs when I get out of the bath.  But there are times when I stroke him and he just gives me a look of complete contempt walks away and then washes the place where I have touched him as if I have somehow contaminated him  :rofl: :rofl:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Claire_smc

• Hero Cat
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2010, 19:24:49 PM »
Mine is a 'walk up and down over my lap headbutting each hand in turn' type of snuzzle  :Luv:

'I love my cats because I love my home, and after a while they become its visible soul'

'I have studied many philsophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior'

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2010, 19:16:49 PM »
mine will jsut snuzzle up to you no matter what! :evillaugh: funny though!

Snuzzle is my new favourite word! I'm enjoying a good snuzzle with Pepsi at the moment actually  :) She's very snuzzly  :rofl:

mine too! what a coincidence it must be the in-word   :evillaugh: Byron has been having lots of snuzzles with me today is yours like a sort of nose rub?
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Claire_smc

• Hero Cat
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2010, 19:08:33 PM »

Snuzzle is my new favourite word! I'm enjoying a good snuzzle with Pepsi at the moment actually  :) She's very snuzzly  :rofl:

'I love my cats because I love my home, and after a while they become its visible soul'

'I have studied many philsophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior'

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2010, 16:18:10 PM »
Love the title of this thread - I know we've only just 'met' Marley but I can just imagine his little face when he is demonstrating the title  :evillaugh:

Offline purrdy1

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2010, 15:08:09 PM »
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2010, 15:03:05 PM »
We have some snoots here, you go to stroke them and they run away.....Makes me larf how they can be all over you at feeding time though!  :sneaky: :evillaugh:

Offline Baby British

• Adult Cat
Kindly don't fuss me - you're unclean!
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2010, 13:45:56 PM »
I'm just curious as to whether any other cats out there share my cat's somewhat peculiar habit?

Marley is a gorgeous friendly boy but he has to be in the mood to let you fuss him properly. Sometimes he might come and sit on your lap for a short time in the evening but other times he'll slink away from your touch when you so much as try to stroke him. Nothing too bizarre so far but the one time Marley is guaranteed to be up for some serious loving is whenever I get out of the shower. He positively makes a bee line for you, leaping on you purring and rubbing around your legs. It can't be a peticular shower gel he likes the whiff of as i constantly change the one we use!

Layla has never done this and I'm beginning to think that Marley reckons we smell - so much so that he can only stand to be close to us when we've cleansed (should probably point out that we all shower daily so can't be that whiffy - honest!)  :rofl:

Link to CatChat