Author Topic: URGENT - Crosspost from CC, 2 cats living outdoors - WYorks (Uknown Outcome)  (Read 2147 times)

Offline bramble

• Adult Cat
oh dear, poor babes. they sound like the poor kitties in the cold that we recently took in. surely they could have one  room to  themselves in the house where they could be warm and away from the dogs? it wouldnt be that difficult. has she only just got the dogs?  obvioysly it takes time for cats to get used to dogs, poppy and daisy hissed and lashed out at my cat freindly dogs at first but arent bothered about them in the slightest now. this really makes me angry, why does she think its ok to keep them outside in this freezing weather? it sounds like its the easy option for her, the one that takes the least effort on her part.  rant over! >:(
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 10:54:14 AM by Janeyk »

Offline CC & The Pussycat Guys & Dolls

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
Re: URGENT - Cross-post from CC - two cats living outdoors - West Yorkshire
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2010, 10:37:44 AM »
You know I would love a puppy but I just couldn't get one as I think my cats would honestly leave home, or not be very happy or feel very safe at least!

Why do some people only think of themselves and what they want  >:( no help I know  :shy:
Just because your out of sight, does not mean your out of mind <3

Offline ronandcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
    • LostCatsBrighton
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2010, 21:58:02 PM »
Poor little Babe :(s i wish i was nearer I would take them in even if they had to live indoors with me  till i could re-home them i have ten indoors at presant  :hug:

Offline wharfevalley catsprotection

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Bobby - looking for a new home
    • Cats Protection Wharfe Valley
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2010, 21:27:26 PM »
Unfortunately our branch is on hold with head office at the moment and not taking anything else in - I would reocmmend they try Leeds Cat Resuce and Haworth Cat Resuce as everywhere else in Leeds is full up!

I just hate to think of our empty pens when there are needy cats out there, but we're having a major restructure and so hopefully in a few weeks we may be able to take in.
Visit the cats and kittens looking for homes in the Leeds area at www.cats-wharfevalley.org.uk

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2010, 14:39:53 PM »
Why can''t she temporarily give them a room with a litter tray and food till they get rehomed - at least they would be warm -poor souls :'(
I have around 4-5 cats that are out at some point during the night -between 7- 3 am . They all go in my cat house and they know full well that i always look out the window for them and they will get a good size bowl of food and can shelter in there as long as they like . I am going to put the spare snugglepad in there tonight as its already freezing out.
Mine are all asleep in their heated beds and only leave them for food and litter trays - Smartie gets out at night after the heating and fire has been on for a couple of hours !
Him and FiFi just spend the day swapping different heated beds - there are 5 of them all plugged in but Winston doesn''t use them much -he likes his dufflebag bed at the moment .
Hope these get somewhere asap .

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2010, 13:05:13 PM »
threads like this sadden me so much  :'( :'( :'(  - it makes me realize how spoilt mine actually are, I wish they realized it.
sending special vibes to these two babes xxxxxx

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2010, 04:24:42 AM »
Finger's crossed for these babes....Its so cold out there!  :scared: :hug: :hug:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 22:56:39 PM »
Doesn't give you a link to the thread unfortunately, so here's the original post:

Hello, I have 2 adult cats, age around 6 and 9, who need homes. They are both lovely one on one, purring and rubbing against you, espcially the male who will curl up on your lap. They are very timid though. The reason I have decided to rehome them is because i don't believe we're giving them the lives they deserve. They live outside all the time only because they don't like dogs and we have 2 cat-friendly ones. The cats get too scared to come in, even though they scratch at the door when it gets too cold. The female, 9, would suit a lovely elderly couple where she could have a warm, quiet home. I think the male, 6, would suit a small holding where he could curl up in a barn and have plenty of land to roam. Please if you can help or know of anyone get in touch. I feel cruel as they're getting older and it's getting colder.

Email contact: billabong_55@hotmail.co.uk

Hope someone can help.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline ChrisB

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • Gizmo, Bubbles, Cleo, Daisy and Ellie
Sounds like these two need shelter asap if anyone can help - just wish I was nearer.

Cross-posted from Cat Chat forum.
http://www.catchat.org/forum.html
Cat Rescue & Re-homing ยป 2 Cats needing homes - west yorkshire

« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 10:55:08 AM by Janeyk »
Unconditional love is hard to find unless you have a cat

Link to CatChat