Author Topic: My friend and her husband are looking for a young cat.  (Read 4847 times)

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: My friend and her husband are looking for a young cat.
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2010, 15:07:27 PM »
The little girl I'm thinking of is very affectionate. :)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Bryony84

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Amber and Chilli
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2010, 21:15:43 PM »
Hi JS, yes, its 5 minutes walk from where I live. Quiet cul-de-sac in a family area, front door opens onto a big common area part of which has lots of long grass (conservation area bit). The back opens onto their fenced garden which is mostly paved, beyond that there is a parking area and then the cul-de-sac.

Its just the 2 of them living in the house, although they are planning to try to a baby in a year or so. House is a 2 bed so puss cat could be confined on arrival if necessary. She has said she doesn't really want a very skittish natured cat. I think spending time around our 2 is what has made her like the idea of having a cat - her husband adores cats and has wanted one since they got married and moved in together years ago.

http://furrytripod.wordpress.com/ : Casper's tripod blog and sponsorship page

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2010, 20:56:58 PM »
Bryony, is your friends house in a fairly quiet location? (I'm curious. :))

Yep, it's frustrating when people are convinced that because the kitten they bought from the "nice lady" is fine that every person who allows their cat to breed will be the same....

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Bryony84

• Super Cat
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2010, 13:01:07 PM »
Very true Mark - my first cat came to us from a neighbour who just couldn't be bothered with her. She was black and was the most beautiful loving cat. I've always had a soft spot for black cats and would have loved to have kept the 2 little black girls I fostered a while back!

Unfortunately when we were discussing it, I had another friend chipping in who bought both of her cats from bsb's (£70 for moggies!) because adopting was too much of a hassle! Sometimes it feels like fighting a losing battle as its true that there are a lot of hoops to jump through for a rescue cat, and although I'd never have it any other way, I can see why people would be put off.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2010, 00:53:30 AM »
I always say "A cat's a cat's cat" - it doesn't matter where it comes from as long as it needs a home. I love black cats  :Luv2:

DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Bryony84

• Super Cat
My friend and her husband are looking for a young cat.
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009, 23:58:28 PM »
My friend and her husband have been thinking about getting a cat for ages and have been asking me where the best place to adopt would be. They want a young cat as she has always grown with previous family pets and would like to do the same. They have no other pets and no kids yet and live about 5 mins walk from us but in a house rather than a flat. She said she'd like a black cat which I said was great and there are usually lots that get overlooked.

Link to CatChat