Author Topic: Apologies From Pook  (Read 3075 times)

Offline Pook

• Adult Cat
  • To err is human; to purr is feline.
Re: Apologies From Pook
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2009, 04:04:43 AM »
Thanks and thanks. Tonight I sit here counting my blessings, and though I really did try to keep track of all of them, I lost count somewhere around 276.
The blessings keep going on and on.
I tell you what, this is one humbling experience I needed. I think I needed to be brought down and taught a lesson.
God is sooooo good. People, created by Him, are precious, special, and loved by me.
Thank you all for being here.
Have a safe, happy, loving Christmas full of love, happiness, and good hope for the New Year.
Love and purrs,
Pook

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2009, 15:56:44 PM »
My goodness what a terrible thing but am so pleased you staying positive and that the truck company are looking after your medical costs  :hug:

As said you could have been killed but so pleased you are still with us and your doggie too, thank goodness for seat belts  ;D

I wish you a wonderful Christmas and even more recovery in 2010  ;D

:xmas 7:

Offline angel-77

• Senior Cat
  • Tia & Oscar
  • Slave to: Tia (Tee'bo) & Oscar (Oscardoodles)
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2009, 10:52:13 AM »
So sorry to hear what happened to you, hope you have a happy christmas!!  :xmas 7:

Offline nicter

• Senior Cat
  • Nicky-Mum to Scamp Bonnie, Willum Rossi & Poppet
  • Slave to: Alfie. Poppet. Rossi. Willum Merlin
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2009, 13:54:47 PM »
So sorry to hear youve been through so much Pook but well done for staying so positive. Hope the driver gets what he deserves  >:(
RIP Tigger Button Whisky Maisie, Merlin and Alfie Pawprints on my heart forever

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2009, 10:47:26 AM »
Crikey, that's terrible Pook hun, but so pleased that you're on the road to recovery  :hug: :hug: :hug:

I hope they throw the book at the idiot who did this to you  :hug:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2009, 10:35:58 AM »
Oh Pook!  :scared:  That's dreadful!  We could have lost you!

I'm glad that your rehabilitation seems to be coming on strongly though  :hug:

Look forward to seeing you around and about on the board  :)
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Pook

• Adult Cat
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2009, 03:00:57 AM »
Oh thank you all so much! And I wish all the best for all of you, my friends. I am walking and standing and I haven't had pain killers for a long time now.
I owe you all an explanation, I think. I was hit head-on by a tractor-trailer driver who crossed the median suddenly, coming into my lane. The only thing I remember was the truck coming at me. It was nine days later when I woke up. I was pretty messed up. Both legs broken, left upper arm broken, broken left collarbone, six broken left ribs, fractured skull, lacerated spleen.
The good news is that the trucking company is taking care of me for life for all the injuries and any complications, so I have pretty much free health care from that. The nasty bad news is that I am on 60% disability for the rest of my life. I'm trying like mad to get out of that but the doctors won't release me from disability.
The driver was on methamphetamine, Xanax, Oxycontin, and tested positive for alcohol at 2.19%. The legal limit is .08%. He is out on bail right now, and we go to court next February. I hope like mad he will go to prison -- he could have killed me and others, hopped up on all that.
My beloved Subaru Forester was completely totaled. The company bought me a brand-new 2009 Subaru Forester, which is nice. My dog, Lilly, was with me but I had her fastened to the seatbelt in the back seat and all she got was a broken left foreleg and a badly bruised snout.
Anyway, that's what happened. It could have been a lot worse. I'm glad to be alive.
Thanks for all the good wishes, my friends. I appreciate you all. I'm moving on and getting better by the minute. I can now even jog a bit, almost a mile now! Ha!
Thanks so very much. On with the posting!
Purrs,
Pook

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2009, 00:39:45 AM »
Oooh Pook I'm so sorry to hear you have been in an accident and I wish you a speedy recovery from your injuries.

Wishing you and your family a Happy Christmas and Health and Happiness in 2010  :hug:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2009, 12:32:31 PM »
 :welcome: back!  :wow: :hug:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2009, 11:47:14 AM »
WE never throw anyone out for not posting  :hug: :hug: :hug:

I am so pleased you have come back to us and so sorry to hear about the bad accident and its great that you are back at work and starting to improve be the sounds of it  :hug: :hug:

Stay in touch and hope you have a great Christmas and the New Year brings great improvement to your health  :hug: :hug: ;D

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2009, 10:56:53 AM »
I was thinking of you only a couple of days ago, Pook, and wondering how you were doing.  I'm so sorry to hear that you were in an accident but glad to hear that you're recovering now  :hug:  Good to hear from you!
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2009, 10:29:09 AM »
 :welcome: back Pook  ;D

Sorry to hear about the tough time you've had of late, wishing you all the best for a speedy recovery from any injuries which still remain  :hug: :hug:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2009, 09:46:22 AM »
 ;D lovely to hear from you again Pook, hope things are improving for you now and you have a lovely Christmas  :hug:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2009, 09:34:57 AM »
 :welcome: back, sounds like you've been having a tough time recently  :hug:

Offline Pook

• Adult Cat
Apologies From Pook
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 04:03:15 AM »
I apologize for being away. Shortly after my last post I got hit by a drunk driver and I have been in and out of the hospital for a few weeks. I'm sorry I wasn't here. I have so much to share with you all.
I am sorry I disappreared. I should have told my husband to post for me in here to let you sweet folks know what happened. I didn't think of that until now.
I was hurt pretty bad and I wasn't thinking.

I went back to work today, and it's difficult to stand but I did it! I am so happy. I'll get back in here and post as much as I can. Tonight I am very tired but I have a few minutes to spend with you dear people.

Thank you so much for not throwing me out for not posting. I really appreciate that so much.

I hope all of you have a wonderful, happy Christmas filled with love from non-fur family and fur/scales/whatever family.
Purrs,
Pook

Link to CatChat