Author Topic: Cattery recommendations wanted - Greater London area  (Read 2438 times)

Offline Beanie

• Senior Cat
  • Beanie
Re: Cattery recommendations wanted - Greater London area
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2007, 13:50:45 PM »
Hi LittleKitten,

I have added a link for the Feline Advisory Bureau recommended catteries in Surrey. The fcat that they have been selected means they have satisfied extremely tough scrutiny of their service and facilities. I know of the Pinewood cattery which comes highly recommended.

If you email me at Mognificent7@aol.com I will send you a sheet of things to look in a cattery for based on people' experiences. I would also like to go offline about one of your suggested catteries in surrey. I can also recommend a small cattery which, although not FAB approved, is worth looking at.

http://www.fabcats.org/fab_listed_catteries_3.html#surrey
Owning a cat is a lifetime partnership.

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." Mahatma Ghandi

"I am in favour of animal rights as well as human rights. That is the way of a whole human being." - Abraham Lincoln

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2007, 10:20:54 AM »
It's really irritating having people calling all hours.

I agree with that but I have never know a cattery/kennel close a full day.

It might be worth checking if she has illness insurance.

The site says Public liability insurance is provided, however it is advisable to ensure that cats are insured by owners for accident or illness.

I do think it is admirable for the cattery to care for rescue cats, however again I know of many that do this.

I think there are some businesses where you really do need to be open 7 days a weeks and cattery's and kennels are included in my list. As indeed I expect is yours  and indeed my husbands.

RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2007, 10:02:13 AM »
I can understand why Sharn has set times as I try to do the same. It's really irritating having people calling all hours. I have got to the point where I don't answer the door if people arrive way too early  :evillaugh: . It might be worth checking if she has illness insurance. The fact that she has 2 pens for CP and her own cat is 22 says something  ;D
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2007, 09:25:50 AM »
I have to say Mark that the Cattery looks very nice, the only thing  I would not be happy with is the opening hours, (he fact that you cannot take or collect Saturday morning or at any time on a Sunday). Also the cattery only has public liability insurance. All the catteries and kennels I have ever known have insurance for illness when the pets are in the care of the cattery/kennel
« Last Edit: March 24, 2007, 09:28:34 AM by Ela »
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline littleKitten_(alex)

• Senior Cat
  • Poppy the Lion
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2007, 08:37:24 AM »
Thanks, Mark - that looks great!

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2007, 20:57:38 PM »
Depends how far you will travel but there is a great cattery near here (Whitstable) It's only about an hours drive from London

It's called Kopperkins www.kopperkins.co.uk

Sharn who owns it gives up 2 of her pens for Cats Protection. I have been there a couple of times. They are outdoor pens  with heated bedding area. She lives just outside Whitstablwe in a village called Dargate.

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2007, 19:37:03 PM »
If you would prefer to use a cat sitter check out the links section:  http://www.chaptanservices.com/purrs/index.php?action=links;cat=4
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

• Senior Cat
  • Poppy the Lion
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2007, 19:32:35 PM »
where about in London, I know a couple of places to the west

We're in SW, but I am happy to travel a bit for a good place! (neighbouring counties would certainly be ok)

Mark - unfortunately we're not within the area of the feeder you mentioned.

We're heading over to a place in Chessington tomorrow, just to check out facilities. I don't want to just drive somewhere with my babies and leave them there without knowing anything about the place!

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2007, 16:40:56 PM »
There is a brilliant cat feeder whoo covers Islington & parts of Hackey. She doesn't board but she will go to your house once or twice (you decide) a day and feed, change & clean trays, water plants etc. She only does local visits. within about a 4 miles radius

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2007, 15:52:45 PM »
where about in London, I know a couple of places to the west

• Senior Cat
  • Poppy the Lion
Cattery recommendations wanted - Greater London area
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2007, 11:23:49 AM »
Hi,

Not sure if there's already a thread on this subject, tried searching a bit, but couldn't really find anything...

I need to find a good cattery to put my two babies into for a few days - I don't really want to leave them at all, but it's kind of unavoidable (we are building a house abroad where we will be relocating in future with the cats - great big place in the countryside). So... after having put it off for quite a while already, I am now trying to find the perfect cattery for them. Can anyone recommend a good place? We're in London, and ideally I don't want to place to be too far away, but I don't mind driving for a while. After all, I'd rather go a bit farther to find the perfect place.

I feel like such a bad mummy for even thinking about leaving them, even if only for a few days...  :(

Link to CatChat