Author Topic: pls help, accidently hurt my baby now she is scared  (Read 2206 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: pls help, accidently hurt my baby now she is scared
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2009, 19:41:41 PM »
So pleased shes back  ;D

In your posts you seem to be having some probs with the icons  :shify: :shify: so here is a tip:

all icons start and finish with : and there has to be one space before the first one and one space after the last one for them to work, so ........space :icon name:space......... and if you go into modify for the last post you will be able to put back the colons and spaces and get the laughing cat  ;D

I just love the laughin cat  ;D ;D

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Tallulah & Bridge boy Noah Pesto-chops
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2009, 19:34:51 PM »
If Africa is clever maybe you could try clicker training with her? If she sulks again the clicker and treats could come out ...  :sneaky: I've just started with Noah and we are both enjoying it - me the quality time and him the prawns!
:'( My beautiful Noah rescued 13/02/09, adopted 11/10/09, taken 11/02/11 :'( You deserved so much more.
Lulu's Catbook
http://apps.facebook.com/catbook/profile/view/10311818

Offline scottishcatlover

• Kitten
  • Mogys rule!!!!!!!!
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2009, 18:20:06 PM »
 ;D ;DHey everyone  :thanks: again for messages well my baby is back  ;D im soo happy she was angry with me for hours  >:( but at about 11pm that night she finaly let me strock her then the next day she was back to her loving playfull self!!!! :cat laugh  infact funny story - i have two gerbils and they live in the kitchen the only room africa cant go in with out me for obv reasons and i was in getting her food and she was watching them as usual i turned my back for one second and she was gone?? into thin air??? hmm i thought so i went to shut the door and leave then i herd a noice from kitchen and went back and searched everywhere ??? no africa was about to leave again when i looked down as my bottom cuboard was slightly open so i bent over to shut it when i saw a little face peeking threw the gap!!! :Hello: i couldnt belive she has snuck in there and hid in shelfs !! :naughty:! the second she saw me she climbed out with out me even saying anything to her as if she said "damb it games up!!" then just stroled out kithen looking annoyed!!!!! i cant belive her smarts she must have thought "ill show her ill hide in the kithchen then when shes gone thoughs gerbills will be myn mwhahhaha"
She is deffinanly back to normal ;D
Im just still a bit worried now thinkng what if i ever have an accident again will she hate me for the full day again or will it get better ??? :Luv2:
:lick: * MARIEL LOVES HER CAT AFRICA * :boxer:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2009, 11:54:27 AM »
Hope that she is back to normal again today  :hug: :hug:

If not , time to sit down with something nice in your hand so she can come and eat it out of yoiur hand, or put some nice food in a dish by your feet when you are sitting on the ground talking nice and quiet to her.

She has loved you and will love you again  :hug:

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2009, 10:42:06 AM »
Poot got trodden on this morning, luckily I was still in my slippers, but he got under my feet without noticing  :-[

It happens though, so don't beat yourself up about it hunnie  :hug: :hug:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline puggy1975 Zoe

• Hero Cat
  • Tyler and Ollie
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2009, 19:20:51 PM »
I have trampled on my we Ollies paws a few times purely because he is constantally following me about and tripping me up. He forgives me in time. Especialy when he wants something lol
Zoe, Ollie and Tyler

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2009, 19:17:15 PM »
and if you give her too many treats as a reward for sulking, heaven help you

You're completely right. My partner laughs at me because I get so wound up about my cats going off me when I upset them.....he gets on really well with all the cats and they'll all do as their told by him but they know I'm a soft touch!

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2009, 17:48:44 PM »
and if you give her too many treats as a reward for sulking, heaven help you

you may never be officially forgiven :evillaugh:
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline Skiddaw

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: The Munchkin and formerly to dear, departed Uncle M
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2009, 17:47:20 PM »
I'd wait for her to come to me. The fact that she followed you into the kitchen and wolfed down her food is a good sign... I'm sure she will have forgotten all about it before long.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2009, 17:45:32 PM »
Let her come round in her own time; I know that's really difficult (having accidentally walked backwards and tripped over my cats a few times only to be met with major league sulks....) but she needs to decide she's friends with you again.

I find getting treats like webbox or lickins and putting them on the floor for the cat to pick up makes them come round faster. ;) The treat will have your scent on as well as smelling like something yummy so the cat associates you with nice stuff again.  :)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline scottishcatlover

• Kitten
  • Mogys rule!!!!!!!!
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2009, 17:33:45 PM »
 :thanks: everyone!!! i quess we are still getting to know each other, it just makes me sad as its been a few hours now and she is still scrathing me , id went out to the shop and left her asleep to get her faviour  cat gourmet pate its really expensive and a treat and when i got back she scrathed me :( but then i left her alone and when i went to kitchen she followed me and then gobbled up her pate im a bit warry now to toutch her incase she keeps scrathing me !!!  :(   i really hopw she will be back to normal soon :(  do i just not toutch her?? or do i wait for her to come to me ??? ???? i dont know what to do :(

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2009, 17:24:37 PM »
I'm sure she'll be fine  :hug: I'm always accidentally treading on my Byrons feet and tail because she's constantly under my feet but she quickly gets over it, I usually just say oh sorry sweetie and bend down to stroke her and say under my breath well you will get under my blinking feet!  :sneaky: :evillaugh:  Once you've had Africa a while I'm sure she'll get over it quicker she'll know you still love her  :hug:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline koscha (Ruth M)

• Hero Cat
  • Meowmy to Kelirehenna, Rincewind & Zeratul
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2009, 17:08:58 PM »
I've lost track of the amount of times i've accidentaly trodden on the boys tails and paws, 'cos they've been under my feet!

The boys also tear chunks of fur out of each other when rough housing....RW does a mean slam dive...the floor shakes!  :shocked:

I tend to just check them over quickly to make sure a vet visit isn't needed and in 10 minutes i'm forgiven (usually as the accident happens 'cos i've been in the fridge so they get a piece of what I was after!)

I'm sure Africa will be back to normal again soon  :)

Offline scottishcatlover

• Kitten
  • Mogys rule!!!!!!!!
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2009, 16:23:48 PM »
 :thanks: snarf  :)   she is sound asleep now so fingers crossed she will be realxing as if she was that scared she wouldnt be sleeping in same room as me xox

Offline snarf

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Bridge babies Lucifer & Neko. Sparecat, Saph
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2009, 16:19:50 PM »
one of mine is constantly under foot so gets half trod on so often ive taken to shuffling about! if i dont react she forgets about it in minutes so i think it really is best. might take your new one a little longer as she doesnt know you so well but once you calm down shell soon realise there nothing to be scared about. they know when theyre loved and i think they do understand that accidents happen  :hug: mine are also losing clumps of fur this time of year anyway so it could have been loose fur anyway

Offline scottishcatlover

• Kitten
  • Mogys rule!!!!!!!!
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2009, 16:03:09 PM »
Thanks   :scared:  i just felt horrific as she never hisses at me anymore and i didnt know what to do , i thought if i left her that maby her fear would grow and she would become realy scared?? but then she batted me away :( so im just leaving her alone now and ive calmed down she isnt hidding anymore and s sleeping in her fav bit  :)   it was really horrible as the last week or so she has became sooo trusting loving and amazing rolling onto her bely for huggs and letting me pick her up ect plus as i was hugging her belly at time she might think ive betrayed her trust and not be as loving anymore :(
has this ever happened to anyof u ? if so did they get over it ? i just wish she new it was an accident  :(
my westy dog tripps me up all the time and is always yelping but she licks u after it ? as if she thinks she has hurt u !!! so ive neevr had a reaction like this  :-[

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2009, 16:01:24 PM »
we've all done it :hug:

just ignore her and let her come to you when she's ready - pursuing her or even just peering at her will frighten her more - but she'll soon forget all about it
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline Skiddaw

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: The Munchkin and formerly to dear, departed Uncle M
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2009, 15:39:11 PM »
Don't panic. She'll soon come round again. Just give her a bit of space for an hour or two and then try a treat- a bit of chicken or something else she likes. Don't feel guilty- you didn't mean to hurt her. She's probably more suprised than hurt.  :hug:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2009, 15:38:06 PM »
Aw hun try to calm down, they can pick up on our stress you know!  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Accidents do and will happen especially where fluffy tails are concerned....You have to stop giving out signals of distress as this your babe will pick up on....Give her time she will come round, she is probably more scared of your reaction right now!  ;) :hug: :hug:

:welcome: to Purrs btw!  :wow:
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 15:38:38 PM by Bazsmum »

Offline scottishcatlover

• Kitten
  • Mogys rule!!!!!!!!
pls help, accidently hurt my baby now she is scared
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2009, 15:20:19 PM »
 Pls help me , my perfect cat africa is still fairly new from a re-homing centre and things have been going amazing the fist few days she was hissey and hid then transformed into such a trusting loving bagpuss :-( about 10mins ago i was hugging her belly and her tail got caught under my leg and it ripped a bit of her fluff off :-( she is long haired.
she ran and hid and now keeps hiding from me hissing if i go near her :-( im sooo upset and cryed what do i do? have i scared her? will she hate me now? please help i feel like ive ruiened everything :-(  i love her so much and dont want her to fear me now , i cant stop crying looking at the lump of fluff :( :'(

Link to CatChat