Author Topic: Rebel - 4yr old Bombay (Sorted)  (Read 4608 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Rebel - 4yr old Bombay (Sorted)
« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2010, 20:41:18 PM »
Ok thanks, I'll move to sorted then if things don't work out let me know and I'll move back  :thanks:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline StreetKatzRescue

• Cat Rescue
  • Adult Cat
Re: Rebel - 4yr old Bombay
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2010, 20:38:52 PM »
In the last 10 days Rebel has gone to the parents of his owner as all efforts to rehome came to nothing.  Fingers crossed he has settled well and I think they will keep.

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2010, 13:05:40 PM »
Any news?

Offline bombaycat

• Adult Cat
  • Billy Buttons and sister Coco
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2010, 21:07:07 PM »
They often have yellow or golden eyes too, rather than the more common green for black cats, but it isn't definitive....i love them all, with and without paperwork....there are a lot of burnese and asians around so it's no surpirse that some breed with domestics and make Bombays.
They also love water - Mia gets in the bath with me and doesn't mind being showered as long as I don't do her head.
They are also very muscular and heavier than you think when you pick them up.
J

[spoiler]Hunt - This Gorgeous, feisty, all black mum of Jed & Eddie (Jedward) was so lucky to be rescued by the Harbour.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 22:32:26 PM by Tan »

Offline sassybutterfly

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: saffy, smokey, sowfee, sooty sweepy
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2010, 20:30:09 PM »
here's my girl exploring...

There are lots of "unofficial" bombay's out there, which is how i got to know about them. I rescued a girl called Mosie from Battersea Dogs home and she was very Bombay-like....which basically means she was probably a Burmese black domestic shorthair cross which is how they were first created.
True Bombays are bred, usually from a bombay and a burmese or from an asian cross that carries black and were recognised by the GCCF in the 1990's. Billy Button's had a Bombay sire and a choc burmese dam and Mia had a Burmilla dam and asain sire.
So basically you probably have Bombay but just not one with the paperwork - which of course doesn't matter at all.
Some pics below.....of Mia.

My old cat saffy has the same coat and body type, but his face is a bit more pointed and he howls like a siamese, and he likes to climb as well.

Glitter Graphics

Make custom Glitter Graphics
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 20:35:55 PM by sassybutterfly »

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2010, 20:21:40 PM »
Omg i'd faint if one of mine went up a tree like that  :scared:

Spikes momma and dadda are ferals  ;D

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2010, 20:17:17 PM »
Lovely pics Julia .... Mia definitely has a head for heights doesn't she!  :rofl:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline bombaycat

• Adult Cat
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2010, 20:05:00 PM »
here's my girl exploring...

There are lots of "unofficial" bombay's out there, which is how i got to know about them. I rescued a girl called Mosie from Battersea Dogs home and she was very Bombay-like....which basically means she was probably a Burmese black domestic shorthair cross which is how they were first created.
True Bombays are bred, usually from a bombay and a burmese or from an asian cross that carries black and were recognised by the GCCF in the 1990's. Billy Button's had a Bombay sire and a choc burmese dam and Mia had a Burmilla dam and asain sire.
So basically you probably have Bombay but just not one with the paperwork - which of course doesn't matter at all.
Some pics below.....of Mia.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2010, 19:53:26 PM »
How do you tell a bombay from a mog? My spike has a long sleek body, shiny soft coat, chats to me and has a more oriental shaped face than an 'average' mog, but i know who his parents are  :sneaky: he looks alot like rebel  :Luv2:

Offline bombaycat

• Adult Cat
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2010, 19:47:10 PM »
Hi,
Bombay's are truly fabulous cats, in my experience they are very intelligent and always active. All mine have spontaneously played fetch like a dog and will retrieve objects and bring them to you and drop them in your hand over and over.
They love to get outside, but beware they are quite adventurous and possibly slightly too brave for their own good on occasions. They like to climb and chase and sunbathe.
They don't need any grooming at all and will keep themselves immaculate.
They talk to you a lot but they aren't irritating in the way that siamese can be sometimes, more chatty with a lovely range of chirps, purrs, and brrrrrring sounds.
They need a lot of interaction from you and they love other cats, particularly other bombays and burmese or similar asian cats. My boy was rather territorial, and he did spray even though he was neutered (that doesn't mean they all would) and my girl is a fabulous hunter.
They are truly beautiful animals and have a stunning look, they not just another black cat (much as I love domestic shorthairs also). Their coat feels like silk.
They live to be about 15-16 slightly less on average than a moggy but they don't suffer from any particular breed genetic weaknesses that I'm aware of and they aren;t expensive to insure for a breed cat.
They are heat seeking and will enjoy radiators and all manner of warm places, all mine like to sleep under the bed clothes with you if you'll let them, they also like being under blankets in their cat boxes.

Let me know if you have any other questions I'd be happy to answer them.

Julia.

Offline sassybutterfly

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: saffy, smokey, sowfee, sooty sweepy
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2010, 19:42:22 PM »
Hi guys what sort of temperament does a bombay cat have are they clever like the siames and oriental variety.

Offline Steph85

• Kitten
  • rip Oli 1/09/2008-25/11/2009. forever in my heart.
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2010, 00:08:34 AM »
If I lived nearby I would happily take Rebel. I had a bombay cross (before he got run over and killed at just 15 months old) and he was a real character. Such a friendly, loving little cat who everyone fell in love with instantly. Bombays are brilliant companions.

Offline bombaycat

• Adult Cat
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2010, 12:37:03 PM »
I know it's something everyone in cat rescue struggles with I imagine. I have home 2 cats that were in Battersea Dogs home for more than a year who I imagine were about 12 years old at least (thy told us 9 but I'm thinking more like 12). They were extremely rewarding to have for the 3-4 years that we had them, very loving girls.
4yrs is a great age, past all that kitten mania which is quite annoying really and nicely into adulthood but still a youngster...
We'll find him someone lovely by hook or by crook - as soon as someone looks into those gorgeous Bombay eyes and feels the silky coat they'll be smitten! I bet he's proud and a real poser mine are, very amusing.

Offline StreetKatzRescue

• Cat Rescue
  • Adult Cat
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2010, 20:59:56 PM »
Yes we're getting lots of kitten enquiries too .... even though it's obviously not kitten season yet - thank god!

People are so ageist and never see the gorgeous cat that is a few years old ..... who says the cute kitten they get doesn't turn out to be a cat from hell?   :evillaugh:

Offline bombaycat

• Adult Cat
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2010, 20:14:59 PM »
They are delightful but trying - my girl is currently biting my arm while I type this, having bitten the bath plug and scraped the tv screen to get my attention.! Tomorrow she'll be out catching shrews so that'll help.....
I'll keep you posted. Mrs CP says all clients are wanting kittens currently (yawn) but she'll do her very best.

Offline StreetKatzRescue

• Cat Rescue
  • Adult Cat
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2010, 10:02:02 AM »
Thank you BombayCat!

He certainly does need an experienced home ..... !

S x

Offline bombaycat

• Adult Cat
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2010, 21:09:45 PM »
Haven't heard anything yet but I'll see my Cats Protection neighbour this weekend so she may well be able to put out feelers generally in Suffolk and since he's in the Kent area it isn't too far for a re-homing. Haven't heard back from the Bombay Breed chaps yet but I'm sure they'll respond with ideas soon.
He's a lovely looking boy but probably needs a steady owner, Bombay's love to get out but they are generally too brave for their own good and need an experienced owner to cope.

I'll let you know when I hear more.
J

Offline StreetKatzRescue

• Cat Rescue
  • Adult Cat
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2010, 21:01:57 PM »
Thank you to everybody trying to help us home this gorgeous boy!

www.streetkatzrescue.com

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2010, 20:54:29 PM »
 :crossed:

Offline bombaycat

• Adult Cat
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2010, 22:55:02 PM »
fingers and paws crossed!! :Luv:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2010, 22:43:07 PM »
On behalf of Rebel ... thank you.  I'm sure with your contacts he will find a new home soon.  :Luv2:

Offline bombaycat

• Adult Cat
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2010, 22:38:43 PM »
I contacted my Cats P neighbour and 5 Bombay Breed club members/breeders so they may have people wanting a Bombay. I'll keep you informed if they have anything positive.

I'd so love to have him but it might just be too many for me - they need so much attention (which is why I love them of course). But Bombay's are another league....bless them

Watch this space.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2010, 22:35:29 PM »
Thanks for the replying hun .... hopefully between us we will get this liitle lad a new home soon  ;)

Offline bombaycat

• Adult Cat
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2010, 22:20:15 PM »
Hi, Got your message....you really tug at my heart strings because Billy who I lost 2.5 years ago's real name was Quasar Rebel.

I currently have 4 cats, 1 bombay girl, her brother, a black smoke, choc burmese (Billy's half sister, daughter of a bombay boy) and Scooby my lovely black mog.

I'd really love to take on a gorgeous Bombay boy but I'll have to have a think as 5 would be quite a handful - my 2 young ones are incredibly challenging already as Bombay's and similar are.

Leave it with me and I'll have a think....I can easily contact other Bombay Breed Club members in case they have people waiting as often they do. Also my Cat's Protection neighbour might have contacts, she is another black cat person having 5 herself due to the weirdness of people not wanting the black babies....

I'll get back to you with info as soon as I can - hold on Rebel we'll find you a home.

By the way is he microchipped? Often purebreds are, in which case his breeder should take him back for rehoming, is that a possible route to a home for him?

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2010, 21:46:03 PM »
ooooh he's gorgeous ..... we havea member who currently has Bombay's ... I wonder if she might be interested in giving this little lad a home.  I will drop her a message  ;)

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2010, 20:26:25 PM »
So sad, I just don't get the black cat issue they are actually my favourites, hopefully his forever home won't be far away xx

Offline StreetKatzRescue

• Cat Rescue
  • Adult Cat
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2010, 18:37:32 PM »
We've had no interest in this gorgeous Black Bombay boy recently ........ another gorgeous black cat brushed aside because of his colour!  :(

Offline Steph85

• Kitten
  • rip Oli 1/09/2008-25/11/2009. forever in my heart.
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2009, 19:25:27 PM »
he is gorgeous.
i'd love to take the little guy, but i'm only allowed one cat where i am i think  :(

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2009, 17:31:11 PM »
He is a hunk....Positive vibes for his forever home to come up soon!  :Luv2: :hug:

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2009, 17:23:03 PM »
oh I do love Bombays  :Luv:
lots of luck for gorgeous Rebel xx

Offline StreetKatzRescue

• Cat Rescue
  • Adult Cat
Rebel - 4yr old Bombay (Sorted)
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2009, 17:12:37 PM »
Rebel is a 4yr old neutered male Bombay.  Rebel has come from a
multi-cat household so is used to living with lots of feline pals but
is untested with dogs.  We would therefore like Rebel to go to a home
where there are other cats.

Rebel is something of an escapologist so we need an exceptionally safe
environment to home him to.  He has spent most of his life indoors,
albeit in a very large property, with limited access to outside so he