Author Topic: Hello to all  (Read 13881 times)

Offline puggy1975 Zoe

• Hero Cat
  • Tyler and Ollie
Re: Hello to all
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2009, 19:48:44 PM »
Hi David

Already left u message on Disabled Cat part of forum re epilepsy but thought i best say hi here

Zoe, Ollie and Tyler

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2009, 21:07:49 PM »
 :Crazy: Dave ya work too hard!!   :hug: :hug:

and those spiders are making me shiver all over me cuppa!  :star2:  :evillaugh:

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2009, 18:57:53 PM »
Hiya, sorry I didn't see this before, a huge  :welcome: to Purrs  ;D

Your photos are amazing (apart from the spiders lol)  :)

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2009, 18:48:20 PM »
Wow how lovely getting all that fabulous wildlife and stunning scenary ... loving the chipmunk, racoon and the SPIDER!!!!  (Yeah I'm one of those weirdos that loves our 8 legged friends - and used to have tarantulas as pets  :rofl:)
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline CoolCyberCats

• Adult Cat
    • CoolCyberCats
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2009, 17:52:54 PM »
What super wildlife (apart from the yukkie spiders that is!  :scared: )
The spiders are not that bad. The only ones I will kill are the Black Widows. THough their poison is likely not enough to kill a full grown male, it is enough to cause serious harm or death to the cats. Since our little monsters love to eat bugs....

Question for you....Do you ever sleep?  :wow: :hug:
Not as much as I would like this time of year. I sell online to raise money for animal charities out here and the Christmas rush sucks for me. A good example is this week:
Sunday I had so many orders (over 300 from Friday to Sunday) that I was processing, packing and posting them from 8am till 11pm.
Monday-Thursday I work full time in the MT state gov. I wake at 5am, give Leo his morning meds, shower, feed the cats and then Donna and I leave for work. I work here from 7am till 4pm (thought most days I am out by 4:20pm) and then go home. When I get home DOnna cares for the cats and I print off my orders to pack. By 5:30pm I am in the shop packing the orders and finish there by 8:30pm. I then run the postage and label them all from about 8:30 till 10:00 or 10:30. I reply to emails and then I do some consulting work (web development) for a client in Chicago. I'll do this for 1 to 3 hours. THen I can go to bed. Friday noight I do not pack or process orders since I only ship on Monday-Friday. Saturday I do house work OR we go shopping. This Saturday we will leave at 7am to go to Bozeman (about 95 minutes drive) and do shopping. We are out of some special food for Leo that we can only get there so it is an important trip. We will get home by 8pm. Then Sunday I'll wake and repeat the whole process all over again. :( I look forward to the holidays being over so I can rest a bit. ;) But then again the money goes to a lot of good causes and helps a lot of animals. :)

"Cats Nap. Only Humans Put Them To Sleep." : Sterilize, Don't Euthanize!

Monthly contest with prize for winner cat: www.CoolCatPix.com

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2009, 16:05:30 PM »
What super wildlife (apart from the yukkie spiders that is!  :scared: )

Question for you....Do you ever sleep?  :wow: :hug:

Offline CoolCyberCats

• Adult Cat
    • CoolCyberCats
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2009, 01:40:46 AM »
For all you spider fearing members, here is a shot of the 1st Black Widow I found at the house!
I have it in a full 1024x768 desktop image too if you want one on your 'puter. ;)

Largest to date was about 2 inches from leg tip to tip.

So I do not leave you an quaking fear of big black spiders, here are some other wonderful beasties from around our house...

(I hate cow day now)

This sucker was in the garage door and over FOUR inches long!! Scared ME!

Andromeda likes to ride the buffalo here! (kidding, but I took the buffalo shot in yellowstone)

All the images I took with me own camera and are real! All form within 1 mile of home except the buffalo and moose, they were in the state, but further from home.

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2009, 01:14:27 AM »
Hi David,
Welcome to Purrs -this a great site , found it myself over a year ago now .
One of mine ame from Dawn who used to do rescue on here -Madam FiFi  !!
Your cats are beautiful and so is the view you have .
As for the Black Widow Spiders -that scares me typing it -let alone seeing one - would be up the mountains in a flash -snow or no snow -spiders scare me to death !
I have tried allsorts to keep any from coming in my house - even got conkers scattered about !

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2009, 01:01:35 AM »
Black Widow Spiders (I kill them in the house, about 5 to 8 a year on average)

:star1:   i would be running out in that cold snow if i saw one. Scare the begeeies out of me spidders do!! :star2:

Hey Dave so have ya got ya t shirts on in that lovely warm weather!!  ;) :evillaugh:

I love Greece too and try to go as often as we can. Have a bit of mixed culture in me too as my Dad is German and my Mum Welsh. Ooer what a mixture hey!!  :Crazy: :evillaugh:

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2009, 12:14:06 PM »
welcome Dave from me and Trigger, Tiffany and Tosker

you have landed on Purrs in the midst of mayhem and madness, as no doubt you have already realised, but I'm sure I'm not the only one here who intends to read your posts properly when some order is restored :hug:
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline CoolCyberCats

• Adult Cat
    • CoolCyberCats
Now the bad here...
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2009, 05:55:47 AM »
Weather! It is FREEZING right now. It was over -20f last night! Right now it is 11pm and it is just too cold again! My weather station seems to have just gone offline (not sure why, but 10 minutes ago it was -22f (about -30c). I hope the batteries did not go, no way I am going out in that cold to replace them! It is a hike up the mountain and in the snow and takes me 20 minutes to get to it, not counting coming back and the time to open the unit and replace the batteries. :(

Offline CoolCyberCats

• Adult Cat
    • CoolCyberCats
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2009, 19:02:56 PM »
Around our home and within 20 mile radius (animals of concern or just cool):
Black Bear
Grizzly bear
Coyotes
Wolves (closest pack is about 20 miles as of last year)
Bald Eagles
Golden Eagles
Elk
Mule Deer
Rattle Snake
Black Widow Spiders (I kill them in the house, about 5 to 8 a year on average)
Antelope
Mountain Goats
Sage Grouse
Stink Bugs (UURRGGHH, and I have 2 GREAT stories on that one if anyone wants to hear them)
Mountain Lions (Cougar)

We are about 2.5 hours from the entrance to Yellowstone and 3 hours from Glacier Parks.

Some friends I met through my website are from the UK and after visiting us 2 times wanted badly to move here. Russ tried to get a job out here a few years ago, but no go, and sadly since they divorced. :(

But I must say I always loved traveling in Europe. I miss it. It has been some time since I was last there. I have spent a lot of time in the UK and have traveled to France several times and went to Germany a month after the wall came down. I was also born in Naples Italy and I would now LOVE to visit Italy and Greece! My mother's family all came here from Spain so that would be a great place to visit as well. My father's side is mostly Cuban (Purucho Figuredo who was one of the 2 main's in the revolution against Spain and who wrote the anthem is my cousin), so I traveled there as well and have managed to trace my roots on that side back to the 1200's.

So consider yourselves very lucky to be so close (and in) Europe where you can travel quickly from country to country and see so much history and culture! You lucky dogs!

David

Yes am definitely imagining bears and cayote's etc!!!

Love pic, I would give anything for that view!  :Luv2: :hug: :hug:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2009, 15:41:21 PM »
Yes am definitely imagining bears and cayote's etc!!!

Love pic, I would give anything for that view!  :Luv2: :hug: :hug:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2009, 00:51:02 AM »
What stunning pictures looks like an artists paradise  ;D

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2009, 00:50:59 AM »
Are ya both feeling better?  :hug:

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2009, 00:48:56 AM »
Dave i so hope Gorgeous Andromedia can have the longest happiest time possible with her hip.  It really must be scarey to face a descion like that and you are so great for doing the very best for her and all your stunning babes.  :Luv: :Luv:

Dave when you sent me pics of where you live i was stunned. It is so beautiful. Hope you don't mind but i have to show a couple in here........

Wouldn't that be nice i thought when 1st saw the area to have all that wonderful area for cats to roam but Dave explained they can't cause of the danger of wild animals out there so Dave's gorgeous gang are house cats.  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2009, 22:51:37 PM »
Hi Dave and   :welcome:  to Purrs from across the pond

I have a cousin in Haverhill, MAss and friends in Crystal River

Pleased to have you on board
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2009, 20:17:27 PM »

Janeyk: Hi. I love Apollo as well. ;) He must say Hello with a Yank accent. ;) Did that make him harder to understand? ;)

:evillaugh: only slightly  ;)
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline CoolCyberCats

• Adult Cat
    • CoolCyberCats
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2009, 17:45:03 PM »
Hi Gill, Oh, the local town has grocery stores. We have 2 in fact. THey are 30 minutes away. The "real" shopping is for malls or realistic clothing stores or electronic stores. :)

Wow that makes my drive of 25 miles to a supermarket seem short  :rofl: :rofl:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2009, 16:57:32 PM »
Wow that makes my drive of 25 miles to a supermarket seem short  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline CoolCyberCats

• Adult Cat
    • CoolCyberCats
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2009, 16:56:49 PM »
Hello again Gill, Saw you replied before I left my PC. I believe we are 7 off from you. So right now as I enter this message it is about 9:55am here.

Love the picture David  ;D

The XRays are so very clear and sounds like you are a very thoughtful cat owner  :hug:

You cant do certain things on Purrs until you have made a few posts and you will see yourself change from a kitten to adult cat at that point  :rofl:

Then you will have freedom to see everything and boy is there a lot to look at  :shify:

You can post pictures on most threads  :scared:

I am sure r=that you will find your way round quickly.

Whats the time diference from you to UK, 5 hrs?

Offline CoolCyberCats

• Adult Cat
    • CoolCyberCats
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2009, 16:54:27 PM »
Hello to all who have replied thus far!

Gill: Yes, Montana can be quite lovely. Though isolated too. We live 30 minutes from town. To do any real shopping we must drive to Missoula (2.5 hours) or Bozeman (100 minutes). TO get to Missoula we have to drive over the continental divide and in the winter it can be very dangerous, so I prefer the drive to Bozeman since it is flat all the way there. :)

Bazsmum: Hello Nice to meet you.

Janeyk: Hi. I love Apollo as well. ;) He must say Hello with a Yank accent. ;) Did that make him harder to understand? ;)

angel-77: Thank you.

Tiggy's Mum - Helen: Oh, I know how addictive messageboard can get! I must be on 5 or 6 cat related ones. :) Also I am sorry about Tiggy. :(

Christine (Blip): Hi! What a lovely cat Blip is!

Sam (Fussy_Furball) Thank you Sam. Which of your 3 cats is your icon?

Again, nice to meet you all.

Cheers,
David

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2009, 16:52:26 PM »
Love the picture David  ;D

The XRays are so very clear and sounds like you are a very thoughtful cat owner  :hug:

You cant do certain things on Purrs until you have made a few posts and you will see yourself change from a kitten to adult cat at that point  :rofl:

Then you will have freedom to see everything and boy is there a lot to look at  :shify:

You can post pictures on most threads  :scared:

I am sure r=that you will find your way round quickly.

Whats the time diference from you to UK, 5 hrs?

Offline CoolCyberCats

• Adult Cat
    • CoolCyberCats
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2009, 16:42:43 PM »
Hello Tan,
How is the weather here today? Well, the cold came in this week (2 days ago) and right now it is about -9c (-16f) out. When I woke I saw that we received about 3+ inches (7.62cm) of snow and it is still snowing lightly. They say it will snow through most of the weekend, but then again we live against a mountain and often do not get the moisture that Helena proper gets. I have a webcamera near the top of our land, and it is on my website. Here is the image from it. It SHOULD come out live here, so each time you reload the page it can change.
Keep in mind the view itself will change a lot as the camera can be controlled (pan/tilt/zoom) by people.

For those of you who do not know about Andromeda and her hip.... (this is mostly from a post I made on my message board in March last year)
Andromeda seems to have suffered some trauma to her hips as a very young kitten. Mostly her left side, but her right side is also not what it should be. Our vet and we believe that a dog attacked her (she and her brother were strays and at 8 weeks old their mother was mauled to death by a dog) or stepped on her going for her mother. It caused the left femur to break near the head (when she was less than 2 weeks old) and never recovered right and is now close to 60% shorter than her right femur, and the femur head (ball) is very poorly defined and the head does not set right in the hip. Her right femur has a malformed head as well, but not like the left. Her hips also have poor sockets where the femur heads should sit. This will continue to be more painful to her as she gets older and will eventually force us to have surgery on her femur heads. For now we are giving her medications to help the joints and want her to enjoy her life before she has (IF) any major surgery. So for now she is a little less active than she could be and limps, but the bulk of the limp may be from one shorter leg, something that will remain no matter what we have done to correct the bone against bone and arthritis that will come soon.

Our vet after seeing the x-rays and such had put the idea of a femoral head osteotomy on the table. She was so young then, not even a year old. We just could not put her through that and take away her time as a kitten, so we declined it and knew that the option was still open.

Her limp has only gotten worse since and sometimes she looks a bit uncomfortable. Plus when she sits her entire hip is thrust out on one side and it looks painful, but I do not believe it is.

Her being almost 4 prompted discussions of the hip surgery if it was really truly needed. Then we stumbled upon some news of "trials" with hip/joint replacements on cats. Here is a link to the company involved: Click Here To Learn About the Micro Hip Implants: http://www.biomedtrix.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=35&Itemid=80

To date there have only been less than 6 of these done on cats. Here is a link to the store of one: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/2007/03/21/2007-03-21_the_hippest_cat_in_nyc-1.html

So I contacted the company who makes the implants and talked to them a bit. There are only 6 doctors (surgeons) qualified to even do this in the US (qualified by the manufacturer). I was given the list and I contacted the top one, who was also involved in designing the implants, Dr. Liska in Texas.

Donna and I had a telephone consult with Dr. Liska in Texas on 4/10. We sent many x-rays of Andromeda as well as her records related to her hips and legs prior to the consult of course.

Now the whole mess gets more complicated. She may or may not be a candidate for the micro hip replacement. That is yet to be determined. The front concern now is her femur. As the one is only about 1/2 the size of the other, this must be dealt with first and if not could cause her a lot of future problems. The only real way to fix that is a procedure called Ilizarov, where they place a frame over the limb, bolt it in place and then break the bone. Daily you need to turn a screw which separates the bone by about 1 millimeter. New bone tissue then fills in the gap. (essentially rebreaking her femur every day *sob*)

Being that her one femur is half the length of the other, we could be talking about trying to add up to 38mm to her femur, though it is okay to be shorter if near the right length. This would mean many months of recovery and at least 28 days of rebreaking her bone.

Due to our proximity to Texas, Dr. Liska gave us the information on a surgeon in Boise Idaho who has trained under him and specializes in this. After 2 lengthy phone consults with Dr. Chandler (here is the center we are going to: http://www.westvet.net/facility.htm) it was agreed that a team of surgeons should give her a good examination, x-rays, MRI, making a solid model of her femur through some machine with the MRI and other stuff, to determine IF the Ilizarov procedure is really needed. In other words will the hip issue and/or the femur issue cause her enough future problems and pain that we should assume the risks of doing the Ilizarov and the possibility of the micro hip implants after her rehabilitation. There are grave risks with both procedures.

So we have a 9:30am appointment on the 23rd. We will leave late morning on the 22nd and come home either the 23rd or 24th, depending on how late they finish (they want her the entire day. Part will be standard exam stuff, and a good amount she will be anesthetized for. So she may not be recovered enough to leave at a good hour for the 8+ hour drive home. We will determine that based on how long it takes to actually get there and when she is able to travel again. I am willing to arrive home as late at midnight.

That is the info before I went last April. Here is my info when I came back...
The trip went well. I left about 9:30am Thursday and arrived about 6:30pm in Boise. Donna decided to not come at the last minute, so it was just Andromeda and I. She was so good in the car and such a trooper. I had her in the large carrier I used to take ^Itchy^ and ^Hamlet^ in for long trips. It just fits in the front seat if I put the seat back all the way and it goes to the dash, so she had plenty of room, not to mention a nice comfy bed in there too.
The basic results: Her hip dysplasia is a lot less dramatic than originally thought, though it does exist some. The focus of course was on her right femur. They said that normally a femur in a cat can be 20% smaller than the other and the cat can retain good mobility, and 20% is the max really. Andromedia’s is just over double that. It looks like the when she was very young (birth to 1 or 2 weeks) a trauma snapped the head off the femur. It settled in and down with a higher upward turn and began to heal in between where it should be and the lesser trochanter. The leaves the greater trochanter at a higher level than what is left of the ball. This limits her full range of motion in the right leg and if extended to an extreme range (where a normal one can go) it does cause her pain and discomfort. The femur is bowed and has adjusted itself for the condition (thickend to support weight in areas, thinned where needed).

Over all she is not in much pain if any under normal use, for now. Will she be in the future? That is a good question and only time can tell. If/when she is we will have to address the problem then. They do NOT recommend FHO (femoral head osteotomy) as an initial course of action when the time comes to do something. The femoral head osteotomy will remove another 5% to 10% of her femur length and since she is already at more than double the allowed femur size loss compared to the other, a femoral head osteotomy would be a LAST resort. The do feel that she is a good candidate for a micro hip implant though. It will remove all or most pain and allow her close to full range of motion (more than she ever had in the past) and also add a small amount to length to the femur. IF the procedure does not take, it can be removed, and easily converted into a femoral head osteotomy. And they do not recommend the hip implant until it is truly needed, not yet.
So for now she won’t have any surgery and she can continue her happy life with a limp. When/if arthritis sets in and a simple pain medication regimen no longer helps enough, we will go for the hip replacement. And to date only 6 or 7 cats have ever had one. If a lot more have not by the time we do this (if) then I’ll allow the manufacturer to closely monitor the case for more data. If that happens, it will be 7 to 14 days for her to stand and walk again and then another 3 to 5 weeks of rehabilitation get regain proper leg use and get used to a greater range of use as well.
Here are some of the new x-rays too. They are sharp and clear!

So that brings everyone up to speed on Andromeda. I am one of those pet owners who will do what it takes to help our cats. When my cat ^Itchy^ had lymphosarcoma I spent over $18,000 on the surgery to remove part of his intestine and his chemo and meds and more. I would not blink at any cost to help Andromeda when the time comes, and if I had to I would borrow the money, but I will not allow cost to factor into her health and well being.

Sorry for such a HUGE reply to Tan. I will admit that I can be chatty at times, and I love telling the world about our wonderful cats.  ;D

I'll read the rest of the thread replies, then I have to run. In the USA we had our Thanksgiving last week. Since Donna, Leo and I all flew to NJ the week before that, I did not want to miss out on the yummy food, so we had invited out wonderful neighbors over for last Saturday for a dinner (for me it was my big turkey day). But Donna and I came down ill (her in NJ at my moms and me when we returned) so we moved the date to today. I refuse to miss this. Donna is a vegetarian and I try to eat little meat over the year for her. Thanksgiving and Christmas are 2 times I refuse to give up my favorite food on the planet, fresh roast turkey. So she gets annoyed and refuses to help me as she gets upset seeing the bird while I prepare it, and I do it anyway. So I have to now prepare the stuffing, turkey, a vegetarian fake turkey and separate stuffing NOT made in the real bird, veggies, starters and desert for tonight's dinner. A lot of work and difficult to keep the cats away, but I LOVE the meal and love to cook.

By the way, how come I cannot read anyone's profiles? And if I decided I wanted to place some images in the gallery, how do I go about doing that?

Cheers,

David

Hey  Hiya Dave. Lovely to see ya here  ;D    :welcome:  :hug:

Dave and Donna's Cats are lovely as their hoomans are too and you should see where they all live!!  :wow:

:rofl: Love Appollo talking  ;D :rofl:

Hows the weather over in Montana?  Is it snow time yet?  :xmas10:

Is Andromeda ok Dave? How is she with her hip?

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2009, 15:16:02 PM »
 :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

Your furbabes are  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2009, 13:58:57 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs, CoolCyberCats: glad you found us and decided to join in  ;D
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2009, 12:53:57 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs   ;D

Glad you've found us, I'm sure you'll enjoy it here.  It really is a very friendly forum with lots of friendly helpful advice, if ever needed, and of course lots of fun.

I do feel it my public duty to warn you though that it can be a teensy bit addictive  :Crazy: You have been warned  :evillaugh:

Offline hOrZa

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2009, 12:50:03 PM »
:welcome:
Cats are like little bundles of razor blades wrapped in soft fur.

Offline angel-77

• Senior Cat
  • Tia & Oscar
  • Slave to: Tia (Tee'bo) & Oscar (Oscardoodles)
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2009, 12:47:30 PM »
 :rofl:

I love your talking cat!!!

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2009, 06:37:06 AM »
Hi and  :welcome: to Purrs Dave  ;D

love your talking cat! our Penny used to say Hello, but she would say more of a Ha-ow - I guess it depends on the accent  :evillaugh:

Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2009, 04:52:16 AM »
 :welcome: to Purrs.....  :)

Hope you enjoy!  :hug:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2009, 01:57:54 AM »
 :welcome: to Purrs  ;D

Montana is beautiful isnt it  ;D

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2009, 01:49:38 AM »
Hey  Hiya Dave. Lovely to see ya here  ;D    :welcome:  :hug:

Dave and Donna's Cats are lovely as their hoomans are too and you should see where they all live!!  :wow:

:rofl: Love Appollo talking  ;D :rofl:

Hows the weather over in Montana?  Is it snow time yet?  :xmas10:

Is Andromeda ok Dave? How is she with her hip?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 02:05:35 AM by Tan »

Offline CoolCyberCats

• Adult Cat
    • CoolCyberCats
Hello to all
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2009, 22:42:30 PM »
Hello to all the fellow cat lovers in the UK! My name is David and I live in the USA currently with my girlfriend Donna and 5 cats (Leo, Orion, Nova, Andromeda and Apollo the talking cat). We all live in the mountains in Montana, where we have a nice home on a mountain side overlooking Hauser Lake.

Oh, why did I say Apollo the talking cat? Oddly he learned to say 3 words. Hello, Apollo and Bye-bye. Really! He likes to go to the loft and look down to us in the kitchen and talk. He tries to say "Hel-low" but sometimes takes a couple tries. Originally I had to say it first, but he has since learned to just walk up to us and say "Hel-low" without prompting. Here is a video of him when he was learning to say it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTUELRCfByQ. It is only 21 seconds long, but you will hear 3 well spoken "Hello"s from him (and me prompting him to say it).

I found out about this site from Tan, who emails me from time to time. She seems like a great person who does a lot to help cats out there in the UK!

You can meet my cats on their website if you like: http:///www.coolcybercats.com. On the main page you will meet all the CoolCyberCats, past and present. If you click on their image you can read their bios. I'll warn you that some of them may bring tears to your eyes, especially ^Itchy^, ^ALeC^ and ^Hamlet^.

Cheers,

David
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 23:01:57 PM by www.CoolCyberCats.com »

Link to CatChat