Author Topic: London rescues that will rehome to indoor homes?  (Read 4320 times)

Offline Beccles

• Distinguished Cat
  • Daphne and Elettra born 18.06.06, Figaro 23.08.07
    • My weblog: Comprehension Dawns
Re: London rescues that will rehome to indoor homes?
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2006, 12:54:43 PM »
I reckon pretty much all rescues will have a few cats that need indoor homes - I'd just ask around and see. Good luck :)
Spaying and neutering saves lives.
Nobody has a right to own a cat. It's a privilege.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2006, 12:37:00 PM »
I am sure Cp Croydon will, they have loads of cats and when I was there cuddling em they had just taken in a blind cat which would prob need an indoor home.

Offline J (Indoorcatsuk)

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2006, 12:09:23 PM »
The North London branch of CPL (Archway branch) won't rehome kittens to indoor homes.

Hence why i will never donate to the HQ fund and only to CP branches that don't have such a policy.
A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere. Groucho Marx.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2006, 11:53:08 AM »
Hounslow have a white girl cat who has had skin cancer on her ears at the mo who needs and indoor home I think

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2006, 11:51:02 AM »
:thanks:

The problem with old/blind/FIV cats is these people already have a cat who's very lively so they're looking for a new cat that will match his energy level.  I'm not against pedigree cats - and of course have one - but it's a shame if people end up buying a pedigree from a breeder simply because rescues won't let them have one.

Offline Claire Hirsch

• Adult Cat
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2006, 11:40:30 AM »
The North London branch of CPL (Archway branch) won't rehome kittens to indoor homes but will sometimes rehome cats indoors particularly if they are already indoor cats and seem suitable for such rehoming. They never answer the phone so email is best (their contact details are on CatChat rescue pages...).
As others have said, blind or deaf cats in some London rehoming centres (such as HAWS) are often given indoor homes.
Also worth considering FIV+ cats.

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2006, 10:53:43 AM »
Battersea will rehome to indoor if the cat shows signs of being afraid of outdoors or if they know its an indoor only cat.

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2006, 10:22:34 AM »
OOOh an FIV cat or a blind/deaf cat would be ideal for indoor - that's what I'd get if I had to keep mine indoors or maybe an old cat which doesn't want to go out?
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline hels

• Adult Cat
  • george tink jap connie riley morgan josh perkins
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2006, 09:31:33 AM »
i know of one try hounslow animal welfare society www.haws-animals.org.uk they have all their cats listed on their website

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2006, 07:24:50 AM »
A friend of mine had a similar problem she lives near a busy road and wanted indoor I think Hounslow Animal welfare are ok although they only let specific cats go to indoor homes - they have a couple on the web at the moment

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
London rescues that will rehome to indoor homes?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2006, 20:31:34 PM »
Anyone know of rescues in London area that are happy to rehome cats/kittens to indoor homes??

Reason I'm asking is someone on another forum asked for information about what breed cat would best suit them.? One of the reasons they are looking for a pedigree is that they believe rescues in their area will only rehome to people who have a garden and a catflap (they live in a flat).? I pointed out that policy on this kind of thing tended to vary from rescue to rescue but that many were happy to rehome to indoor homes.? They may go for a pedigree in the end anyway, but I thought it would be useful if I could suggest specific rescues for them to try if they do want to get a rescue cat.? They already have one cat who is a cornish rex cross and very playful and energetic so a golden oldie or FIV cat is probably out of the question.? I don't know what part of London they're in either.

Link to CatChat