Author Topic: New Cat?  (Read 1635 times)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: New Cat?
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2007, 07:53:56 AM »
Good luck when the time is right, and you are more than welcome to come and visit us. And you dont have to wait till the end of the year, we have a few fundraisers organised in Shaw, you are welcome to come along.
Please spay your cat

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Wizzles
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2007, 12:17:14 PM »
Yay! good news  :)

Now you just have the agonising wait   :Crazy: - I am rubbish at waiting for things that I am really excited about..  ;D Gives you lots of time to look at which rescue you think you might adopt from, and of course to buy lots of accessories and toys!  :Luv:

Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Kitty Von Bizmark (Wizzles) ^Lucas^(??/97 - 21/11/07)
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline Lyn-Su

• Senior Cat
  • Fearne
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2007, 10:26:13 AM »
Hi All,

Well, me and the OH have decided that we are going to get a 2nd cat - but we are going to wait till the end of the year as we have lots of weekends away in France - due to the Rugby World Cup, and then we have to fly out to Singapore for my cousins wedding. So we'll have time after that to get the new cat settled - and the Fearne will have been with us for a year.

Thanks guys for all your help, and Desley, we're just down the road in sunny Stockport, so we may pop up to Oldham to see you guys :)

Offline COSMIC CREEPERS

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2007, 20:26:45 PM »
i got moomin as a 7 wk kitten and when she was 7 month i got mango persian i followed whizzes introduction
moomin goes out and scraps wi neighbours cats ut she has never done it with mango
moomin is now 2 and mango 18 month moomin goes out mango doesnt
they get on fine they play togeather moomin occationally hisses at mango if she has a strop on but they  sleep on the same bed  never curled up togeather but they have each other for company and believe they would be lonely without each other . Mango waits for moomin while she is out
i now am thinking of getting anouther persian to keep mango company while moomin is out  ;)

it was hard at 1st introducing and took a few days but i wouldnt have just 1 cat now ( it would have been easyer to get 2 togeather though  :rofl:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2007, 18:13:02 PM »
There is something on Wizz's site about intros. What area do you live in?

Age is a debatable issue, I think it goes more off their personalities than anythign else.
Please spay your cat

Offline Lyn-Su

• Senior Cat
  • Fearne
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2007, 18:09:48 PM »
Thanks Desley, I'll mention that to my OH as maybe and idea - I've always liked the idea of fostering - but we don't live in a huge house (2up 2 down terrace) so it was something I'd hoped to do in the future. I'll definatley do a gradual introduction, I think there's something on Wizz's site.

Oops Sorry Jess' Mum, I had seen it a couple of days ago, but I'd completley forgotten  :doh:

Oh and another question - Fearne's somewhere between 6 and 10 years old, is there a certain age we should be looking at if we decide to get another?
« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 18:11:10 PM by Lyn-Su »

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2007, 17:47:21 PM »
You could try contacting a local rescue, to see if they will let you foster a cat you like the look of to see how they all get on, you do need to give it at least a month unless there are major issues though, and I would recommend a gradual introduction. Good luck - I am debating with a third too!!
Please spay your cat

Offline forever_missing_my_boys(Lisa)

• Super Cat
  • MY LOVE MY LIFE MY EVERYTHING =MY GSD TODD
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2007, 17:42:58 PM »
Id proberly leave it a bit .........
but saying that ...... years ago when i lived at home and we had snowy he use to have a few scraps with some neighbourhood cats
but when we got bubbles and tiger both times after a few weeks he was fine with them and even use to sleep with them
and when tiger went missing and bubbles died snowy reall missed them a lot .
MUMMY TO TODD THE DOG AND MOLLY,BAILEY,BRIDIE,FLOSSY
,PICKLES,MAKOSI AND MAX THE CATS
 I :catluv: CATS

( A Kitten/Cat is for Life )

( A LIFE IS A LIFE WHEATHER LAMB OR MAN )
NO ONE LIFE IS MORE PRECIOUS THEN ANOTHER

FOREVER MISSING MY PRECIOUS BRIDGE BABES SNOWY AND BUBBLES :candle:

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
  • Slave to: Jess & Milo
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2007, 16:09:52 PM »
We've been having the same thoughts and worries as well, i started a thread on this yeaterday I think I called it "another cat" I'll be watching yours with interest

Offline Lyn-Su

• Senior Cat
  • Fearne
New Cat?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2007, 15:59:52 PM »
OK, so really I should blame you lot  :rofl: but I'm starting to want a second cat.

I've got my OH working on costings to see if we can afford another, (maybe the day after the budget was a bad idea  :doh:), but I'm a bit worried about Fearne.

Now Miss Fearne, all sweetness and light, the most placid cat with humans - well she's been scrapping a bit with one or two other neighbourhood cats.

Is this her just claiming her territory? or does she really just not like other cats? I really don't want to upset her and I'd also hate her to feel insecure about her home (we've only had her 6 months). Maybe we should wait a few years?

Gah!  :help:

So can you guys help at all?

Many Thanks
Lyn x

Link to CatChat