Author Topic: fostering  (Read 7011 times)

Online Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: fostering
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2009, 13:08:49 PM »
I would go to the rescue, as it is a very busy time, and it is easy to forget about people to want to help. I would definitely get rescue back up before taking cats from freeads though, partly to cover vet care and food, and partly from a rehoming aspect, it will be very hard to rehome if you aren't known.
Please spay your cat

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2009, 15:08:43 PM »
tbh I think that this has happened to a few of us!  sometimes people are really just to busy sometimes not!  hang on in there!!

Offline bramble

• Adult Cat
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2009, 14:51:52 PM »
have e mailed about the other kitten that needs somewhere, havent had a reply. contacted a rescuue a week ago that said they were desperate for fostereres but havent had a reply. perhaps i should just give up trying to help         as nobody  seems to want me! bramble

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2009, 11:37:36 AM »
bramble, you can only do so much. You've offered a safe place for him to stay while a permanent home is found and that's all you can do. Well done for trying to help.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline bramble

• Adult Cat
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2009, 09:52:49 AM »
hi, didnt hear anything back from the woman about the freecycle boy. was hoping she would get in touch to arrange something. just wish he wasnt as far away. hope hes ok and she wont give him to just anybody.   bramble

Offline bramble

• Adult Cat
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2009, 14:10:58 PM »
have e mailed her to ask if she could try to meet me part way or something, havent heard back yet. that was all she sent in the reply, didnt ask anything about me. like you said, prob not bothered where he goes so long as he goes. poor thing sounds like hes not very important to them  bramble

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2009, 12:56:42 PM »
That's all she said? See, that's what worries me - she's not wanting to transport him; surely she wants to know where he'd be going? :scared:

Offline bramble

• Adult Cat
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2009, 12:37:51 PM »
will ask her but doubt it. asked her few questions about him but she just  said hes year old, im in worksop. i will try! bramble

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2009, 11:16:00 AM »
At least you offered - couldn't she organise transport?

Offline bramble

• Adult Cat
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2009, 10:30:39 AM »
e mailed woman about the freecycle kitten. she is in worksop. dont even know where that is, cant be very close to us. might be chesterfueld way? wish she was nearer. dont think oh would take me all that way to pick him up! wish poor thing was closer to us and i would have  taken him to make sure he went somewhere safe.  bramble 

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2009, 13:03:47 PM »
I would suggest you contact your local rescues and see if they need anyone, make sure its on the agreement that all costs are met by the rescue eg vet bills litter food so that you can contribute what you can but are not ending up reliable.

You should be expected to keep fosters away from your own pets and it would be wise to vaccinate your existing animals to protect against such evils as enteritis which can wipe out a household  :(
Flu, stomach bugs and ringworm are contaigous but are not as life threatening, personally i wouldnt risk these either but people do mix animals up so its something to carefully think about.

If your not sure what rescues are around catchat should point you in the right direction  ;D

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2009, 11:56:49 AM »
Have PM'd you regarding the Freecycle boy.

Offline bramble

• Adult Cat
fostering
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2009, 10:43:44 AM »
hi all.not sure if this is right place to post! wondered if there are any rescues out there who could make use of me as a foster carer? we have 4 rescued cats and 4 cat friendly rescue dogs. we live in derbyshire, a few miles from derby. we dont have loads of money but i have the time and love to help other cats or kittens if anyone is interested.   bramble

Link to CatChat