Author Topic: BNP vote resolution against animal testing and live exports  (Read 4536 times)

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
Re: BNP vote resolution against animal testing and live exports
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2009, 19:44:47 PM »
Yes I seriously doubt this is indicative of any concern for the welfare of animals. These people don't even treat human beings with respect. Another thinly veiled attack on anyone who does things differently to the 'true british way!!' which, by the way is ironic given the mixed parentage of most folk who like to promote themselves as 'the norm'.

Offline koscha (Ruth M)

• Hero Cat
  • Meowmy to Kelirehenna, Rincewind & Zeratul
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2009, 18:09:38 PM »
Another attempt to curry favour brought to you by the far-right extremeist, xenophobic BNP.  >:( (you can guess what I think of them can't you?). How can we make a popular choice but still bash Muslim and Jewish cultures?.....ahhhhhhh here we go  >:(

The Green Party also have a policy on Animal protection:

http://www.greenparty.org.uk/policies/animal-protection.html I'm a Green supporter  who has read their manifesto and supports a large number of thier policies.

Regardless of your personal political stance the best way to deal with this issue is to lobby your local Councillors, demand that this situation be brought up before parliament, join groups, sign petitions, go to protests.

Rant over.  :)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2009, 15:53:45 PM »
I think if the BNP want to ban ritual slaughter, it has nothing to do with animal welfare and more to do with having a go at muslims & jews?

I agree with Christine though that it can serve to make the proper parties take animal welfare seriously.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2009, 11:59:34 AM »
Interesting that the BNP chooses to concern itself with this subject.  I agree with JS and Sam that, if it causes the mainstream parties to reconsider their policies on animal welfare, this will be a positive step.

Meanwhile, those interested in banning ritual slaughter in the UK (a cause dear to my own heart) may wish to check out the British Humanist Association's campaign which I wrote about at http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,23903.msg418791.html#msg418791
« Last Edit: November 22, 2009, 12:00:40 PM by Christine (Blip) »
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2009, 11:39:53 AM »
I agree with JS ... they have to be commended for bringing thiese issue to the forefront ... and hopefully the other parties will also join in.  But whatever the BNP say it will not be enough to get me to vote for them.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2009, 11:35:56 AM »
Well, they have to have something going for them; their main representative has about as much charisma as a bucket of eels. ;) On the plus side, if this party starts to voice that the animal welfare issue is an important one, other parties might pick up on it when they see public reaction.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline sarasara

• Adult Cat
BNP vote resolution against animal testing and live exports
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2009, 23:56:16 PM »
Animal rights and vivisection motions discussed at the British National Party annual conference. As well as the banning of ritual animal slaughter and Live exports it is very likely vivisection will be banned under a BNP government. No other party will put forward these animal rights motions. The BNP will also introduce much tougher sentences for animal abusers.  :censored:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmReJDRMG4g

Link to CatChat