Author Topic: Urgent Appeal - FIV cat needing home - Leeds (HOMED)  (Read 8982 times)

Offline Jennifer_ann

• Adult Cat
Re: Urgent Appeal - FIV cat needing home - Leeds (HOMED)
« Reply #48 on: February 12, 2010, 10:48:19 AM »
Just to keep u all updated on Spud - I speak to his new mummy Pamela on a wekly basis  ( we have become good friends ) and things r just great He is doing so well and she loves him so much - in fact she things it was a match made in heaven. I AM SO HAPPY. Thank you once again to all you wonderful caring people xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
People scare the hell out of me !

Offline wharfevalley catsprotection

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Bobby - looking for a new home
    • Cats Protection Wharfe Valley
« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2010, 10:12:25 AM »
Thanks Jennifer Ann! Sally was really pleased to get him into a home and the lady seems lovely!!!

xxx
Visit the cats and kittens looking for homes in the Leeds area at www.cats-wharfevalley.org.uk

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2010, 08:01:03 AM »
So glad to hear this
Please spay your cat

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2010, 06:58:18 AM »
 ;D  I'm so pleased for that gorgeous boy   :Luv:

thanks for the update I'll move this now.

Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
Re: Urgent Appeal - FIV cat needing home - Leeds
« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2010, 04:20:53 AM »
Fab news!  :wow: :hug: :hug:

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2010, 01:05:47 AM »
Great news - I have such a lot of respect for people who take on FIV cats  :)  :hug:

DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Jennifer_ann

• Adult Cat
« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2010, 00:00:32 AM »
 :thanks: Hi All - Absolutely great news - Spud has found his forever home with a lovely lady called Pamela. We took him to her on Sat and it was just purfect- I AM SO HAPPY.
A great big thank you to all you lovely people for your asvice and help, especially to the Adel cpl.

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2009, 19:22:46 PM »
Hope Spud's luck is in soon.  Hope all goes well for you and have a lovely Christimas if you're not back on Purrs 'til after  :hug:

Offline Jennifer_ann

• Adult Cat
« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2009, 00:34:42 AM »
 :) Hi all I just wanted to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and thank all you wonderful people for your help, advice and support. Through this site I have met some truly lovely people who are the most selfless people I have ever had the pleasure in meeting. Spud is still doing good and is on the CPL website , so fingers crossed for this lovely lad. I shall be missing for a few weeks - have to have a brain scan - nothing to orry about though - I think the docs can not believe that u can function without a brain - lol - will proove them all wrong. I can still be contacted on my mobile - 07946400425 if there is any good news for Spud.
Mertt Christmas to all and will cu in the New Year xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Offline Jennifer_ann

• Adult Cat
« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2009, 11:14:11 AM »
 :thanks: Thank You xx

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2009, 06:49:11 AM »
Good to hear the poor swans are ok! and that Spud is ok too, hope he finds his perfect home soon xx

Offline Jennifer_ann

• Adult Cat
« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2009, 00:35:06 AM »
 :hug: Hi all just to let you know I am still alive , Have been really busy this week as had to deal with a family of swans that had all been shot !
Luickily all of them have survived and are now in Berwick swan sanctuary and doing well. Spent some good time with Spud last week - he is doing fine , still a bundle of purrs and love - still looking for that forever home
xx

Offline Jennifer_ann

• Adult Cat
« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2009, 12:17:00 PM »
Jen thanks for the ad on your website it is fab - wouldnt change a thing. Also thanks for your much needed support and help. As I said before we dont think that Spud is feral as he is just too loving we defo think he has had a home before and just wandered off and got lost- even though our posters did not work to find his original home or our listings in the paper and various sites for lost pets.
When I get home 2 nite I will give him a big cuddle from you all. I still maintain that what you all do is just wonderful - I find it too heartbreaking so think I will stick with the wildlife - even though a few - well ok alot of tears are shed when they go back to the wild.

Lots of Love and Thanks to you all - wish I could win the lottery - I could make alot of people very happy xxxxxxxxx

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2009, 11:57:08 AM »
We had 2 FIV's living with teh Clan MIss Holly and Sailor both ferals to the end but no transfer here - I had them all tested after the FIP incident with Gem and if the cat isn't a fighter then most will come round - my ferals love all newbies some just still can't do the human thing :shocked:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2009, 11:55:07 AM »
Right, Spud is on our website whilst we're waiting for a home to come up... I know some rescues re-home FIVs to non-FIV cat households, but we never have so that's why it says that!

http://adel.cats.org.uk/index.asp?m=gallery&id=3

If there's anything you want changing Jennifer, just let me know x
Visit the cats and kittens looking for homes in the Leeds area at www.cats-wharfevalley.org.uk

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2009, 11:42:12 AM »
So sad that the home was wrong and it was  :hug: :hug:

Sadly out in the country there are too many places with loads of cats in a field. The peeps are well meaning but they have no money and conditions are often extremely rough with all cats living like ferals almost.

Offline Jennifer_ann

• Adult Cat
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2009, 11:15:45 AM »
 ;)Hi all feel much more positive this morning Spud is a wonderful friendly bundle of purrs - he * respects girlie cats and is wary of Toms - he must have had a few scraps in his time as old scares show this. However lets look on the bright side he is well fed, warm and safe and I am sure that his forever home will come up - it will be well worth the wait and that is one thing we can do as at no time will we ever have him pts just for the hell of it or let anyone suggest this to us . I will be missing for a week from this evening until Sunday 29th as I am off home to Leeds to spend some time with my dad and Spud and the others. My Mobile contact is 07946400425 just in case that forever home appears
Many thanks to everyone for their ideas, interest and support it means a great deal to us

Thanks xx

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2009, 09:04:22 AM »
Aww hun, just got your message  :hug:

Not a problem, we'll get him on the waiting list and he will be a priority as he's FIV, but I can't say how long it will take as we're always so full and busy (isn't every rescue!)

I just need some details to pass onto our Welfare team so i'll PM you for more details and we can try and get something sorted soon. Doing rubbish home visits is hard as believe me it's sometimes SO frustrating, but don't worry hun - you're doing a HUGE amount to help Spud and muchmore than most members of the public who find strays and just want us to come and collect them withing 2 minutes!

Just off to a meeting, but i'll PM you in a bit xxxx

Offline CC & The Pussycat Guys & Dolls

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2009, 08:15:54 AM »
This is so sad  :( If he liked others I would have him myself, he is lovely  :)

Come on there must be somewhere for Spud  :wish:
Just because your out of sight, does not mean your out of mind <3

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2009, 06:41:38 AM »
Def not the right place  :( but chin up I'm sure the right  loving home is out there for him  :hug:

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2009, 02:12:39 AM »
What a shame -but better you wait till the right one comes along - and this one does not sound right for Spud.
Hope he finds his forever home soon  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Jennifer_ann

• Adult Cat
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2009, 01:22:49 AM »
 :( Hi all its now 7 minutes past 1 and I am gutted - home visit bombed out big time- The family could not grasp the fact that Spud would have to be an indoor cat, They aked me twice how many weeks they should keep him in before he could be let out ! This was after I had given them the info printed off the net re FIV , then I was asked which day of the wek I would be droping off his food - I didnt mind that as if the forever home came up as a family we would supply food and any other help that we could offer. You know when you just know its not right - all I want is the best for this guy as he is just a big bundle of purrs and love. Visited Farplace 2 day - Jan who runs this rescue is a lovely kind person but with 50+ cats, dogs, wildlife and some farm animals and no volunteers she is rather busy. I felt so fed up and sad 2 niteThat I had 2 glasses of wine and 2 ciggies - I never drink and packed in smoking 3 wks ago - lol, looks like I will be back on my 5 a day.
Night for now thanks for the support

Jen x

Offline moira

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Oscar, Frankie, Timmy, Sophie, Dudley, Kofi, Maurice, Max, Barney, Sammy, Flynn, Molly, Nulla, Winnie, Patch, Sooty
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2009, 15:28:55 PM »
If they have a back yard which is suitably fenced/walled you might like to let them know of cat proofing systems such as Secur-a-cat. So nice for the cats to get out and laze in the sun even if they are old. I never knew about it until I read about it on Purrs.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2009, 15:15:15 PM »
Only just caught up with this! Positive vibes for this darling babe, you are really doing your best to find him the right home! Best of luck!  :hug:

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2009, 12:59:37 PM »
Hi Jennifer -thanks for the thanks!!! Georgina and the trapping team often don't get thanked enough and so i'll pass it on!

I'm sure that the home visit will be fine - it's often very much about the feeling you get about a person, but please do feel free to contact me later on tonight if you want to have a chat about it and run things by me (i'll PM you my contact number).

I would say that the most important things are the size of the home - as SPud is older he would probably be OK in a flat or small house (as oppose to a larger home for indoor kittens of young cats). Also...

Is the lady prepared to keep him indoors?
How many entrances are there into the property?
Are the entrances that they use 'catproofed'? (as in a front door that opens straight onto a front room isn't ideal if the cat decides to dart out - especially important if there is a main road nearby)
Obviously ask a bit about her experience with cats and ask about insurance and de-fleaing etc.
Although it's Winter now, obviously in SUmmer, all windows need to be kept shut to stop escapes!

It sounds like you're asking a lot of questions, but any genuine adopter will not mind and you have his best interests at heart!

I'll PM you my home number (i'm in from around 5, then out at 6.30 and then back at around 8pm)

Jen xxx

Offline Jennifer_ann

• Adult Cat
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2009, 11:43:43 AM »
Fingers crossed the home check will be ok as the lady sounds very nice- This is so hard - just want the best for this guy - I am getting myself so chewed - feel sick x

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2009, 11:40:56 AM »
It was last year I was up there and they did say they were building an extention in the garden, they have possibly put one in there?  :)

Offline Jennifer_ann

• Adult Cat
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2009, 11:38:09 AM »
yeah thats the one - I thought they had a special unit for FIV cats - am still going to have a look - basically cos Im just nosey - LOL

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2009, 11:19:11 AM »
Are you meaning Farplace animal rescue in Durham? I have been there and the people who run it are nice, although I think with this cat being FIV he would be in a pen- most of the cats and dogs at the Durham one have free range.

Offline Jennifer_ann

• Adult Cat
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2009, 11:03:04 AM »
 :Crazy: Hi just to let you all know  I am going to have a look at far place this afternoon - I am a kinda impulsive person, seeing as I rescue and rear wildlife it will be another string to my bow if it is ok, as at present I use a sanctury in Carlise called Knoxwood for my little ones on their next journey to freedom. Although Knoxwood is just fab and George & Emma who run it are the most wonderful people - Farplace would be closer.
Will let you all Know 2 nite how A) MOST IMPORTANT the home visit goes and B) what Farplace is like.

Love Jen xx

Offline moira

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Oscar, Frankie, Timmy, Sophie, Dudley, Kofi, Maurice, Max, Barney, Sammy, Flynn, Molly, Nulla, Winnie, Patch, Sooty
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2009, 09:25:08 AM »
Fingers crossed that the home check goes well.

I haven't been to Farplace myself but was told about it by Catwork, the sanctuary that I foster one of my FIVs for. I plan to check it out next time I'm up North.

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2009, 21:16:13 PM »
If it doesnt work out try contacting Robina at Animal Accident Rescue Unit in Nottingham as she has a couple of foster homes that only take FIV cats. good luck hope it does go well :hug:
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2009, 20:06:38 PM »
hope home check goes well  :hug:

Offline Jennifer_ann

• Adult Cat
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2009, 19:27:49 PM »
Hi all :thanks: for all of the support and advise that you have given to me - it helps you feel not so alone . Will let you all know how the home visit goes on Thursday teatime fingers crossed, however I dont feel so down hearted now as I know there are other options available to me.
Can I just say a big  :thanks:to Jen from the cpl all our little feral friends have been spayed and neutered now and for the time being are living quite happily.
Has anyone actually visited Farplace - I might just check it out for future reference

AGREAT BIG THANK YOU TO ALL YOU LOVELY PEOPLE XX

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2009, 19:26:21 PM »
 ;D  :crossed:

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2009, 19:12:54 PM »
Jennifer Ann thinks that they my have a home for Spud  :Luv2: They're carrying out a home visit so fingers crossed and if it's not OK, i've had the OK to put him on our waiting list (which is ever expanding!!!)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2009, 11:29:10 AM »
i couldnt open the link, said it was not responding grrrrrrrrrrrr

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
Re: Urgent Appeal
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2009, 11:24:53 AM »
Hi Jennifer - I'm PMing you as we can pop him on the waiting list and I may be able to offer temporary space in my home x

FINGERS CROSSED !!

Offline moira

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2009, 11:09:20 AM »
I recently heard good reports about a sanctuary called Farplace in Co. Durham which has special sanctuary for FIVs    http://www.farplace.org.uk/ . Thought this might be a possibility.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2009, 11:01:23 AM »
He looks a sweetie, hope you find somewhere soon. (Put your location in the title, hope that's OK.)

Welcome to Purrs. :)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Link to CatChat