Author Topic: Swampy: love of our lives  (Read 22379 times)

Offline puggy1975 Zoe

• Hero Cat
  • Tyler and Ollie
Re: Swampy: love of our lives
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2009, 12:52:34 PM »
 :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: during this hard time. Swampy will be having fun on the brige. take care xx
Zoe, Ollie and Tyler

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2009, 03:18:02 AM »

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2009, 19:17:37 PM »
Thinking of you Kate :hug: :hug: :hug:
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
  • SwampMax happy on their sunny French balcon 05!
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2009, 15:08:07 PM »
2 weeks today Swampy darling. I hope you are happy with Maxy and that the two of you heard our little prayers and your choccy monster song.
I could not love you any more; as the song says you own my heart.  xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx to infinity for you and little Max.

Dignity replaced the plate on Swampy's casket for free - so kind that it brought more tears - it was my fault as when I was there, I got one word wrong in the inscription. I put on a line from Swampy's song; now it will be correct. It was a long drive down there to Dignity, but it's hard to think anyone could be better, when the worst happens.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2009, 02:35:27 AM »
I agree with what you read with ref to "If the owner shows an added interest ect...."  :hug: They should also be willing for the experience of it all, however do they progress I wonder?  :shocked: :hug: :hug:

You have Swampy and Max's soul inside of you Kate.....You may not see them but I bet you feel them, your emptiness will be replaced when the realisation kicks in that this is not the end, a different corner Kate, another path along the way!  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2009, 22:03:33 PM »
thank you Kirst, that's so sweet and a real comfort.  I'm missing the boys so very much and it's the thought of them happy and healthy together, going nggggg at each others' eyebrows again that just keeps me going. I wish I'd seen it too!
 :hug: :hug:

I found Swampy's favourite kitten toy today - an old little plastic troll without any hair (he bit it all off).

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2009, 21:29:42 PM »
Kate , out driving today there was the most enormous rain shower , and some sunshine which resulted in an absolutely glorious DOUBLE rainbow! :wow: I immediately thought of Swmapy and Max and thought you should know! :hug: :hug:

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2009, 12:34:55 PM »
 :thanks:  The worst part is coming home when I've been out and there's no-one here.  Today also I have written a note for the vet and the vet nurses. I want to thank them, but not too effusively as I think that I wasn't 100% supported sometimes but regarded as a bit of an eccentric and a nuisance, or that's my impression.  I know that intensive care for 14 months is a long time, but I'm reading a book about a NYC cancer vet and she says that if an owner shows great commitment, the least the vet can do is match it. Not be too busy. My vet is (was) sole prac and under pressure and he did allow stuff that maybe others wouldn't (definitely around here), but we have a niggling sense of how the sub cuts and the phosphorus/calcium ratio could or should have been better handled with more concentration put into them, not dismissed until they were too serious to change and then start to focus.  But I do need to say thank you as there were daily phone calls towards the end and I pushed for info throughout.

I want to do justice to Swampy's memory and it's hard to find the words. He was just a blessing on 4 legs, a lovesponge and a joy in every single way.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2009, 14:20:35 PM »
That poem is beautiful Kate.....Time does not pass quickly on Rainbow Bridge, a week to us is but a day on the Bridge...In those days much happens, strength is regained, memories of illness fade and love shines down to those who need it! Thinking of you!  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2009, 16:14:33 PM »
 :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2009, 15:43:49 PM »
Today at 2.20 I lit his and Max's candles and sang their songs & said a little prayer for my boys. I just hope that I can continue to get inspiration from the incredible love and joy that Swampy seemed to understand how to give and gave in so many ways all his life, and of course from his fight and bravery when not well. It's hard to explain but since he was a tiny boy , he just knew when I needed him most and came to me. He always made me laugh and smile and not once made me cry or have a cross word with him. We always felt that he was a little angel sent to us from heaven, who knows why we would be so blessed, but that of course one day heaven would take him back.
I wish I could find words to say how much I love him and miss him.

I like this Native American poem although it is quite an outdoor, frontier poem, not an urban living poem, but it's still beautiful

NATIVE AMERICAN PRAYER FOR THE GRIEVING

I give you this one thought to keep -
I am with you still – I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow,
I am the diamond glints on snow,
I am the sunlight on ripened grain,
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning’s hush,
I am the swift, uplifting rush
of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not think of me as gone -
I am with you still -
in each new dawn

~~ Author Unknown ~~

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2009, 13:23:31 PM »
Good Night God bless you Swampy - you are a very brave kitty, you fought hard. You will be in many of our hearts for ever.

RIP sweet little man.
xxxxxxxxxx

Hugs to you Kate x

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2009, 10:07:32 AM »
I wll be thinking of you both all and light a candle :)  :hug:

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2009, 09:42:00 AM »
I will light a little candle today too  :hug: :hug:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2009, 09:29:25 AM »
I was upset today as I had had a niggling thought since we brought him home that his memorial plaque on the casket was a bit wrong. I realised only this morning that one word from his own choccy monster song is wrong. It's stuck on so hard I'm not sure it can be changed but I will ask. Maybe. It is, after all, the one we did on the day of his funeral and brought him home, but it jars a bit. I can't make up my mind.

This afternoon at 2.20pm it is one week since he passed away with me holding his little head. A rainy day just like today. Please give him a little prayer or thought if you remember. I'm going to light him a candle and sing his song. I miss him so terribly.

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2009, 22:43:31 PM »
Lovely tribute to a lovely choccie boy Kate  :hug:

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2009, 20:01:07 PM »
Once you let someone into your heart , they are always always with you. :hug: :hug:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2009, 15:44:50 PM »
He is lying on the bed Kate, right next to you....Just in another dimension!  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2009, 11:26:29 AM »
Swampy with his eyes being able to see again is such a beautiful thought. He fought his illnesses so bravely and wanted to live so very much and kept giving us so much love, but I know that worse than any of his illness symptoms was the loss of his sight.
I'm missing him so terribly, it's so raw. I am sitting on the bed in the sun where he'd have loved to be, stretched out, purring,planning a long and jumpy-dreamed sleep.

God Bless little man, I love you so

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2009, 23:06:50 PM »
A beautiful tribute to a most special boy /boys - they will now be together snuggling at the bridge till  Mum and Dad come up to be with you forever - god bless little Swampy and Max too .

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2009, 22:44:51 PM »
imagine Swampy reaching the Bridge and finding he can now see Max again, and hear him too calling a welcome to him

look after each other, lovely lads, till you are reunited with those who so loved you down here
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2009, 21:48:46 PM »
Thats a beautiful tribute to Swampy and im sure you returned 100% all the love and devotion he gave to you
We all know how much you loved the little Choc-o-late Monster right to the end and that love will live on in your memories until you all meet again  :hug: :hug:

RIP sSwampy ,fit and healthy again at the bridge with your brother Max till Mum and Dad come to fetch you  :Luv2: :Luv2:
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2009, 23:25:34 PM »
What a lovely tribute to a very special and very brave boy xxx

RIP sweet Swampy - have fun at the Bridge until your Mummy and Daddy come and find you xxx
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2009, 13:39:52 PM »
When human and cat share a special bond, every step is made with love....Its not quantity remember Kate "its quality" and that you have shared many times over!  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Play hard at that Bridge darling Swampy xxx

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2009, 12:59:03 PM »
 :Luv2: God bless dear little Swampy  xx  :hug:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2009, 11:51:16 AM »
RIP Swampy. You were loved so very much, but it was time to go and be with Max.

For Kate and OH: :care:

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2009, 10:44:22 AM »
a lovely way to remember him Kate, you've got years of memories to go over and that is very special

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2009, 10:42:30 AM »
RIP Swampy darling, the sweetest cat ever.  You bore all your troubles with such fortitude and bravery and still showed spirit right up to the end.  I will miss you lots, miss your mummy's updates and going on the roller coaster of emotions with her, miss her little tales of joy but most of all Swampy I will miss you.  You were an extra special cat and all the pets at Rainbow Bridge will embrace you forever.  Night night sleep tight sweet Swampy  :hug:

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
Swampy: love of our lives
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2009, 09:33:24 AM »
This thread is for Swampy, our magic little chocolate monster baldnavel and the most loved boy ever in the world.  I am going to add photos and memories of him to it in due course, when I feel able to.
Right now I just want to pay tribute to the best friend and soulmate that anyone was ever blessed with. From mad, cute tiny kitten to mid-years love and play monster to splendid old man to the bravest boy in the whole world, Swampy was the love of our lives. I just hope that I managed to pay back a tiny fraction of the love and care he gave me for so long.

God bless darling Swampy. I hope you are now with Maxsheesh and all your other friends and that Great Uncle Louis and Auntie Moggy are there for you too. God must have said "what's that lovely noise?!" and an angel told him "it's Swampy. He purrs just a bit, like velvet chocolate".

Link to CatChat