Author Topic: 1-0 to the dreamies!  (Read 2358 times)

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
Re: 1-0 to the dreamies!
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2009, 14:51:49 PM »
How many dreamies were in the pile?  ;D  Jaffa devours them far too quickly to allow any surreptitious claw clipping!

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2009, 11:13:47 AM »
Glad tohear dreamies are coming in handy for us humans as well as the puddy cats  :rofl: :Luv2:

I'm like you Helen - they were only £1 a packet at Morrisons a while ago so I got loads.
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
  • Slave to: Jess & Milo
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2009, 09:59:35 AM »
Dreamies really are good.

If you want to do anything to a cat, be armed with dreamies and you're away  :evillaugh: ;)

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2009, 09:38:48 AM »
Maybe I need to try that tonight!

Poot let me do 4 claws, then he kept biting me and the clippers, so I have to give up  :doh:

I have Dreamies in the cupboard, let the battle commence  :rofl:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2009, 23:39:40 PM »
I actually bought some temptations on last shopping trip on your recommendation Helen but haven't opened them yet  :shify:

We got a free sample of dentibits from vet last visit which lasted no time at all.  Lets face it, the girls would eat anything  :-:

You They won't be disappointed  :wow: What flavour did you get? The chicken and cheese ones get inhaled here!

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2009, 23:37:49 PM »
I actually bought some temptations on last shopping trip on your recommendation Helen but haven't opened them yet  :shify:

We got a free sample of dentibits from vet last visit which lasted no time at all.  Lets face it, the girls would eat anything  :-:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2009, 23:27:16 PM »
 :evillaugh:

They love them as much as Whiskas Temptations - that's really saying something! I think the dreamies are better value as they're smaller so lots more per pack, they were 2 for £2 at Asda for ages so picked up a couple every time I went in.  No wonder Lukey is looking a bit podgy  :naughty:

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2009, 23:22:52 PM »
I gave Ruby a dreamie the other day, then another.... then a milbemax  :innocent:.... then another dreamie. 

2-0  to Dreamies   :naughty:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
1-0 to the dreamies!
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2009, 23:18:37 PM »
When the boys were babies I got them used to having their claws trimmed regularly, Riley in particular was perfectly happy with me doing it for the first 18 months but in the last year he has turned into a little  :censored: at manicure time.

I had taken to chasing him round the room, capturing him and then having a tug of war with his front legs while he squeals like I'm about to amputate his paws! He is so strong that I just can't hold him when he's thrashing about and after a few minutes of wrestling he escapes my grip before rushing off with a swishing tail.  As he (foolishly  :evillaugh:) loves and trusts me he is back within minutes and then we repeat step one several times until I'm physically out of breath through the wrestling/chasing  :tired:

Anyway, tonight the above scene was played out.  The score was 7-0 to Riley so I decided to change tactics  :sneaky: I sprinkled a large pile of dreamies on the settee and miraculously he let me trim all his claws while he devoured the pile  ;D Lukey is much easier to do and doesn't need bribing but I made sure he got a pile of dreamies as a reward anyway  :Luv:

Can't believe I struggled for the past year when it is so easy with the treats, 1-0 to the dreamies!  :naughty:

Link to CatChat