Author Topic: Poorly Puss  (Read 2176 times)

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
Re: Poorly Puss
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2009, 15:43:52 PM »
My Blackie sleeps in the hall and even with the tv turned up you can still hear him snore!  :evillaugh:

Best of luck at the vet today!  :hug:

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2009, 13:31:13 PM »
haha i love it when they snore....My Bear snores so loud we have to turn the telly up  :rofl:

Offline asia snow

• Adult Cat
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2009, 13:24:41 PM »
Trust me they are most definately a big part of the family.

Their pen/run is by our back gate (which is the way we go to and from the house) but has a clear view from the back windows. They greet all guests and always get cuddles as we go about our daily business plus the hrs we spend up there cleaning and cuddling. They come into the house frequently when the weather is very bad (like today), poorly, fireworks or when we are at home with no rescues (as we are currently - jinxed things now!).

The run makes it easier for us to do the rescue work we do as if we have less tame cats in we can have ours inside and they can stay in the run whilst we gently try to get them used to us and the home. When we have rescue cats in we try not to pen them as we want to assess them fully in our house, with our son, our cats (once we know they have been fleed, wormed and vaxed) and with us.

Right now I have my two babies cuddled up on the sofa fast asleep (Sugar is snoring)..... I think I may join them in a bit!!

Clare xx

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2009, 13:04:24 PM »
Thank you for your good wishes. I have an apt for her later today to check out her eye but she is back to her usual mischievious self..... I think the spoiling we did last night worked (he was allowed to sleep on the bed with us for the 1st - and last - time!!).

Awwww thats exactly where she should be sleeping  :evillaugh:
Don't know how you can have them living predominately outside......I'd miss them being part of the family too much

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2009, 09:25:40 AM »
Best of luck at the vets today  :hug:

I'll move this over to health and behaviour section  :hug:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2009, 09:24:50 AM »
(he was allowed to sleep on the bed with us for the 1st - and last - time!!.

That's what you think  :evillaugh: :evillaugh: He'll have a taste for it now, never to be forgotten  ;)

Seriously though, good luck for later, let us know what the vet says  :)

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline asia snow

• Adult Cat
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2009, 09:23:43 AM »
Thank you for your good wishes. I have an apt for her later today to check out her eye but she is back to her usual mischievious self..... I think the spoiling we did last night worked (he was allowed to sleep on the bed with us for the 1st - and last - time!!).

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2009, 16:39:06 PM »
 I'd definitely let the vet take a look especially if she is off colour  :hug:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2009, 15:42:57 PM »
I'd take her to the vets also just to be safe....Eyes are very delicate and hopefully this is just something that will go as quickly as it came!  ;) :hug:

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2009, 15:35:07 PM »
Hiya, tough to say without seeing her, but it sounds like a vet visit might be on the cards just to rule anything out  :hug:

Its definitely worth investigation if the 3rd eyelid is showing, it may be she has something in her eye or similar?

Let us know how you get on  :hug:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline asia snow

• Adult Cat
Poorly Puss
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2009, 15:28:55 PM »
I own two beautiful pussy cats (as well as rescuing/fostering many cats in need) who live predominately in a run and house (5ft wide, 15ft long) in the garden. This is insolated and heated (these are pampered pussies). Earlier this afternoon I went in for my afternoon play and cuddles when I noticed the little un was off colour, her eye was a little swollen and hard to open also her 3rd eyelid was out. Any ideas what this maybe. She is cuddled up on our bed at the moment on her heat pad.

Link to CatChat