Author Topic: MISSING - tortie & white female,hamstead road,great barr, birmingham,B43  (Read 20244 times)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Re: MISSING - tortie & white female,hamstead road,great barr, birmingham,B43
« Reply #54 on: October 11, 2011, 12:22:18 PM »
A fantastic update to this here: http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,39238.msg690095.html

Found after TWO YEARS - to all those reading with a missing cat, never give up hope!  :hug:

Offline motleycat

• Adult Cat
I find it hard to beleive that it's been so long i've been moved to the 'missing for 6 months' board.
There has  still been no news about aimee but i'm sure she's out there somewhere and i'll always keep searching...

Offline LilyandGary

• Senior Cat
« Reply #52 on: December 16, 2009, 18:01:04 PM »
Just wanted to say not to give up! One of mine wandered off after not having been even as far as the garden in 3 months! He was missing for 3 weeks. I got him back when someone kindly took him to the vets after finding him as a stray outside a school.This was a good mile away from where I live.

She was waiting to have him scanned for a chip, when someone recognised him from his photo, which was on a poster she was sitting under!

There are some very lovely people out there.

Hope you get good news soon :hug:

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #51 on: December 16, 2009, 07:45:49 AM »
Thanks guys.  Janeyk, I have posters absolutely everywhere! The articles that were done in 3 different newspapers probably cover about a 20 mile square area and i've also been advertising in 7 different newspapers so it will cover a larger amount of people. I've been thinking about going through the yellow pages and posting flyers to every vet,rescue,fire station,bus station and police station in the midlands!! I've already covered all the local ones but if i keep sending the information then nobody will forget about her!!! x

That's good, keeping everything crossed you hear something soon xx  :hug:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline motleycat

• Adult Cat
« Reply #50 on: December 16, 2009, 07:41:39 AM »
Thanks guys.  Janeyk, I have posters absolutely everywhere! The articles that were done in 3 different newspapers probably cover about a 20 mile square area and i've also been advertising in 7 different newspapers so it will cover a larger amount of people. I've been thinking about going through the yellow pages and posting flyers to every vet,rescue,fire station,bus station and police station in the midlands!! I've already covered all the local ones but if i keep sending the information then nobody will forget about her!!! x

Offline miriambuddy

• Senior Cat
« Reply #49 on: December 14, 2009, 21:37:04 PM »
hold on in there, it really is a hard thing to go thru  :hug: :hug:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #48 on: December 14, 2009, 20:37:50 PM »
Never give up hope without proof  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #47 on: December 14, 2009, 19:25:15 PM »
So sorry still no news but keep up hope  :hug: have youy spread the posters etc further afield?

Offline motleycat

• Adult Cat
« Reply #46 on: December 14, 2009, 17:59:39 PM »
Hi all,
Just a little update. There is still no news whatsoever. We even made the front page of the local newspaper and still no response.

I'm kinda thinking that she has been taken otherwise someone would have seen her somewhere! She wasn't one to wander and if she was trapped nearby i would have heard her as she's extremely vocal.

It's over 6 weeks now and i don't know what else to do. I'm hoping that someone has taken her because at least she will be getting cared for, there just doesn't seem to be any other explanation. How else could she just disappear?

Luckily most of my posters are still up and i plan to do another round of 'still missing' flyers befor christmas.

We all just want her home so badly  :'(

Offline motleycat

• Adult Cat
« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2009, 19:40:50 PM »
I'll post it on the missing pet register just in case someone is looking for her. The people seem to think that it was an elderly stray but there may be somebody out there looking. It was quite hard to tell with the condition of the poor thing.  :(

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #44 on: November 30, 2009, 19:24:37 PM »
I went to see a dead cat today that has been lying in someones garden for 4 weeks! 

That says a great deal about that person, none of it good I fear.

It certainly does, that's just awful  :(

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #43 on: November 30, 2009, 19:12:20 PM »
I went to see a dead cat today that has been lying in someones garden for 4 weeks! 

That says a great deal about that person, none of it good I fear.

Keep positive  :hug:
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline motleycat

• Adult Cat
« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2009, 19:01:00 PM »
I went to see a dead cat today that has been lying in someones garden for 4 weeks!  Luckily it wasn't my little girl so the search continues. The people said they would take it to the vets for disposal so i'm hoping that they do. I had a few articles in the newspapers last week and another due to run in this weeks chronicle so i'm really hoping that somebody has her and it guilts them into giving her back!!

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2009, 02:41:15 AM »
Im sending you more positive vibes, 4 weeks must be awful to endure, but if you read through the other threads in this sect there is still much hope! Best of luck again!  ;) :hug: :hug:

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2009, 09:36:47 AM »
Still no luck so far,the new posters haven't brought any news yet. I have another 4 newspaper adds going out this week which i've extended to cover the whole of Birmingham city centre and the great barr/sandwell area in the hope that she may have gone further than we think.  I still can't get my head round how she has just completely disappeared without anyone seeing her? It's almost 4 weeks now and were missing her so much.
Fingers crossed (again!) x

If you can spread the posters etc further afield then I think that's good, the cat I mentioned that was lost for a month had gone a fair few miles away surprisingly,  Keeping  :crossed:

Offline motleycat

• Adult Cat
« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2009, 07:59:16 AM »
Still no luck so far,the new posters haven't brought any news yet. I have another 4 newspaper adds going out this week which i've extended to cover the whole of Birmingham city centre and the great barr/sandwell area in the hope that she may have gone further than we think.  I still can't get my head round how she has just completely disappeared without anyone seeing her? It's almost 4 weeks now and were missing her so much.
Fingers crossed (again!) x

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2009, 18:18:50 PM »
keeping everything crossed for good news xx :hug:

Offline miriambuddy

• Senior Cat
« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2009, 14:51:41 PM »
fingers crossed for the new posters

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2009, 15:14:40 PM »
Good luck with this latest search!  :hug:

She is such a pretty girl, I know I would certainly take her in if I saw her wandering....Hope that is the case!  :hug: :hug:

Offline motleycat

• Adult Cat
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2009, 15:05:57 PM »
Animal search have gone after completing their search, a few mention of sightings but from weeks ago which was probably before she actually went missing. I have more flyers to distribute myself and i'll go and refresh my vets memory too! They did find out some info on the nearby 'cat ladies' so i'll be visiting them regularly too just in case she turns up at any of their houses.
I still think that if she was so nearby then she'd just come home,she's familiar with the areas surrounding my house so i have to beleive that someone has taken her in and hasn't seen any of the 300+ flyers and posters that have now been delivered!

Offline miriambuddy

• Senior Cat
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2009, 12:44:17 PM »
I used animal search when mine was missing and they do care.
Fingers crossed xxx :hug:

Offline Eingang

• Kitten
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2009, 12:02:09 PM »
I have animal search coming out at 9.30 tomorrow to do a search. That's the kids christmas present fund gone but i'll muddle through when the time comes. I'm just praying they get more positive responses than I have so far.

I'm sure the kids would rather the cat was back anyway.  Sending more vibes your way for a positive outcome from Animal Search UK.

:hug:

Offline motleycat

• Adult Cat
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2009, 11:07:36 AM »
Animal search uk have arrived and have gone through the plans for the search. I soo hope they get some positive news. They're off to knock on some doors and distribute flyers.
I have everything crossed!!

Offline motleycat

• Adult Cat
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2009, 21:06:44 PM »
Oh i'm so glad you've found him, i've been following your thread. He is soo gorgeous. I have animal search coming out at 9.30 tomorrow to do a search. That's the kids christmas present fund gone but i'll muddle through when the time comes. I'm just praying they get more positive responses than I have so far.
Thank you for your your wishes xx

Offline Eingang

• Kitten
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2009, 20:34:48 PM »
I contacted animal search uk today for a quote for the search and rescue service that they offer. I have to say the quote was fair but still out of my budget although i could probably scrape it together over the next week or so. They help by knocking doors and delivering leaflets for you. I'm limited to what i can do as i'm a single parent of 2 children,one of whom is disabled. I've still managed to post over 200 flyers and i have about 30 large posters in circulation in shops,bus shelters,petrol stations and on street junctions,along with adds running in 4 different news papers which after this week will be down to only 1 local paper as i can't afford any more than that.
I feel even more down now because i can't make it happen straight away. I keep thinking that she's going to be moving further and further away from this area. It's 3 weeks tomorrow since she's been missing and i havent had any definite sightings.   :'(  :(  :scared:

I know how you felt.  I was feeling quite hopeless because I'd done a lot of the same things as you.  Kitty Galileo (a Norwegian Forest Cat) wasn't even gone as long as your Maine Coone and I was despairing.  Don't give up hope yet, though.  My Galileo was just returned tonight as the result of one of my posters.  He hadn't been that far away after all.  I'm sending happy, hopeful vibes in your direction to help.

Ein

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2009, 06:52:50 AM »
I really hope she is nearby. I feel like this is my last good chance of getting her home safe!

awww, never say last until you're sure always have hope  :hug:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2009, 23:10:07 PM »
Its definately not the last chance,,,,,,we have had cats away for months and they suddenly turn up or are sighted.

Never give up without proof  :hug:

Offline miriambuddy

• Senior Cat
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2009, 23:05:59 PM »
Hold on in there, many of us here know how painful it feels when they are missing and you will never be alone on here.
Come home little one...... :hug:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2009, 16:23:22 PM »
Oh hun I know just how you feel, this is not your last chance though...Chin up as none of us really know what may be just around the corner!  :hug: :hug:

Offline motleycat

• Adult Cat
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2009, 15:57:59 PM »
I really hope she is nearby. I feel like this is my last good chance of getting her home safe!

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2009, 15:52:40 PM »
More positive vibes to assist with the search, I know when you feel desperate you will look at all possible area's to find your babe....I hate the thought of anyone losing their money and hope that something can come from what you have already done!  :hug: :hug: :hug:

She may be closer to where you imagine, lots of cats have been so close to home you would be shocked!  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2009, 20:10:39 PM »
Poor you  :hug: sorry you've still not heard anything but do keep the hope.  My sister recently told me her friend lost her cat and he was missing a month but was with a couple and when they took him to the vet for some ailment his chip was picked up and he was returned.  We hear of many other cats on Purrs who have been found after much longer  :hug:

Offline motleycat

• Adult Cat
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2009, 18:55:12 PM »
I contacted animal search uk today for a quote for the search and rescue service that they offer. I have to say the quote was fair but still out of my budget although i could probably scrape it together over the next week or so. They help by knocking doors and delivering leaflets for you. I'm limited to what i can do as i'm a single parent of 2 children,one of whom is disabled. I've still managed to post over 200 flyers and i have about 30 large posters in circulation in shops,bus shelters,petrol stations and on street junctions,along with adds running in 4 different news papers which after this week will be down to only 1 local paper as i can't afford any more than that.
I feel even more down now because i can't make it happen straight away. I keep thinking that she's going to be moving further and further away from this area. It's 3 weeks tomorrow since she's been missing and i havent had any definite sightings.   :'(  :(  :scared:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2009, 14:29:49 PM »
You have done great and now maybe you have to take a rest and hope for loads of calls, just eplacing taken down posters and stuff  :hug: :hug:

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2009, 08:25:26 AM »
 :hug: :hug:

Offline motleycat

• Adult Cat
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2009, 19:01:32 PM »
I went this morning to the area where someone thought they may have seen her but no luck. I did see lots of other cats but not my little girl. I posted flyers round the area again just in case. I'm hoping someone kind finds her and takes her to the vet to scan. I've done everything I can and i'm out of ideas and places to look. I'll keep looking and following up every call i get and pray that her microchip will be of use!
I'm so grateful for the genuine callers who want to help. I'll also run the newspaper add every week until she's home.

Offline miriambuddy

• Senior Cat
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2009, 16:27:31 PM »
When mine was missing, I had a callout for every single Tabby in the area, I met them so many times I got to know all their names and which was which on immediate sight!. I even has people bringing tabbies into their house until I could get round there and let out a complexed looking cat with lots of apologies to the cat  and thanks to the people. False sighting are still good as it means people are looking. She's out there somewhere.
Wishing her a safe journey home  :hug:  :hug:

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2009, 12:44:46 PM »
Positive vibes coming your way from Harborne Tracey and I used to live on Hamstead Rd (Handsworth end) before moving here.

What a very beautiful girl Motley is  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Offline motleycat

• Adult Cat
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2009, 20:06:25 PM »
I know, it's made me a lot more positive. I had another call about a cat that i'd already checked out but i was just gratefull that they'd taken the time to call.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2009, 19:26:20 PM »
great peeps are looking  :hug: :hug:

Link to CatChat