Author Topic: Olivia been thinking of getting a new companion for her.....but...  (Read 1671 times)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: Olivia been thinking of getting a new companion for her.....but...
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2009, 09:23:03 AM »
She is probably relishing being an only cat then, and might not tolerate sharing.
Please spay your cat

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
  • Hamish, Misty, Olivia & Robbie
  • Slave to: none :'(
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2009, 01:00:16 AM »
No she was mainly being re-homed because the woman i got Her from had 4 Persians and she felt it was a shame that she didn't have
the time for all of them because she run's a shop, and Olivia's son Jack was the tormentor of All the Girl's
she felt Olivia would be happier with us and would be spoiled, which she is  :evillaugh:
Dad to Bridge babes Hamish, Misty, Olivia and Robbie :'(

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2009, 15:59:52 PM »
WAsn't Olivia being rehomed because she didn't get on with the other cats she was living with? In which case, another cat is very risky.
Please spay your cat

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2009, 13:34:18 PM »
Wow that scenery through the window is just amazing.... I love Time Team and am sure I seen that one!  :wow:

Its a normal reaction and by the looks of that big lad I bet he isnt neutered and giving some smells off to her also!  :sick:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2009, 12:59:56 PM »
Heavenly Stuart  ;D

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2009, 12:03:44 PM »
hmmm, we did initially think on getting a kitten ( Olivia has had a litter ) thinking she may still have mothering instinct ??
then opted against that, after seeing how much she sleeps = all the time  :evillaugh:
and having a boisterous kitten full of beans wanting to play = disaster, we then thought of an older cat or maybe same or similar breed??
but after recent events, I dont know now, Just keep thing how lucky I was that Misty and Hamish got on like a house on fire

will just have to wait and see  :tired:

Fab view ;D

yes its quite stunning up there, the house overlooks Loch Migdale, the tv show " Timeteam " did a  show about it a few years back
http://www.channel4.com/history/microsites/T/timeteam/2004_migdale.html

My grandfather had the trees cut down so He could get a clear view of the island from the house, swans used to nest there yearly
until a fish farm that operated on the loch put a dam up on the opposite end to raise the water level  >:(
I did dismantle it a couple of times, but they would just re - dam it  :(

I love it up There  :Luv:

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd228/culnara/P1000011.jpg

it is our field, but My Grandfather had a deal with our Farmer neighbour, which my mother has carried on
the field is still rented out for £1 a year  :evillaugh:
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 12:10:00 PM by Stuart ( Olivia's Butler ) »

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2009, 11:12:54 AM »
Its always hard to know how a cat will react to hving another cat around.

Olivia obviously decided this was her territory and he was an intruder and she didnt want him around and he was a threat to her .....he looks like Misa  ;D

If introductions were done correctly she may behave differently but she also may not!

Fab view  ;D

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2009, 11:10:57 AM »
I did read somewhere once that no cat which had its doting owners to itself would ever choose to share them ;)

and yes, I suspect Olivia would indeed carry on carrying on if B&W came to live with you - though the level of it would almost certainly decrease with familiarity

on the other hand, I do think introducing another cat into a sole cat household has more to offer the incumbent than probably unwanted companionship - life iwould become more interesting, more stimulating, more unpredicable, for Olivia  - in other words, more natural

and that is no bad thing - my two sleep less, and are more active since Tosker came, and I am very pleased about that, even though he is still the enemy within :evillaugh:

Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2009, 11:09:11 AM »
I'm all for taking it slow personally, I'm pretty sure her reaction was what you would get from 99% of cats but given more time to get used to things she would probably be fine

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
Olivia been thinking of getting a new companion for her.....but...
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2009, 11:01:35 AM »
We have always said we'd maybe get Olivia a Companion once she settled in
We haven't went out of our way looking yet, but it's always mentioned occasionally
anyway,,,
3 weeks ago we went up to my parents place up north ( culnara ) and while we were there, a stranger appeared at
the front door as in the form of a long haired B/W, very friendly and affectionate  :Luv: there was no food in the house
so I ended up looking through the cupboards and found a tin of Tuna in Brine  :evillaugh:
the wee cat scoffed the whole tin down in one sitting, then went back outside

B/W puss tucking in

on Tuesday we decided to go back up for a few days, and to take Olivia with us ( she was really good in the car  :) )
but yesterday was the day we had planned to come home, during which, Olivia was just outside the front door playing with
leaves and such, when I heard a Meow behind me, I turned round and here was the Wee B/W cat again.
Olivia immediately went back inside ( she was none too pleased  >:( )
I went inside and shut the door, the B/W cat sat on the doorstep, unfortunately Olivia could still see the cat due to glass
panels in the door, and she was going nut's  :shocked: Hissing, growling and made quite a few swipes " heard her paws
hitting the glass, quite hard  :doh: "
I was really taken aback by her reaction, I mean there was no confrontation from the B/W cat

now I am worried if we did get another Kitty to keep her company, would she react in the same way??
or is it because she was in an unfamiliar environment ??

Olivia watching the birds  before the altercation
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 11:03:58 AM by Stuart ( Olivia's Butler ) »

Link to CatChat