Author Topic: cat pens in the garden  (Read 3832 times)

Offline bramble

• Adult Cat
Re: cat pens in the garden
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2009, 11:08:14 AM »
great! thanks for the info. i know someone who i am sure could build one for us if i ask him. just need to see what materials i would need and how much. hubby thinks it would be cruel to pen them in but it must be less cruel than what happened to our poor smudge. hes also moaning (dont they always!) about the cost but at least we shouldnt have another £300 vet bill like we did for smudge. i just want them safe.  bramble

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2009, 10:35:20 AM »
wow, those runs sound brilliant! did you build them yourself? trouble is my husband is hopeless at DIY so we would have to have help! have phoned planning dept, said they didnt think i would need permission.have sent me a form to fill in, none of which looks relevant to what we want to do. they want a cheque for 23 quid to look at the form! where would be the cheapest place for wire and wood? e-bay?  smudge is doing really well. his wounds are healing nicely and a callus has started to form over the break in his leg.  bramble

No, didnt built them myself, I had a company called Linde Lu come and build it to my design, no way I'd have been able to do it! I didnt have to get planning - I think its classed as a temporary structure therefore shouldnt need planning.

You can buy ready made panels from here http://www.grangepetcentre.co.uk/Panels-p-1-c-40.html , then it would just be a question of getting a handyman to put them together, just a thought.

Offline bramble

• Adult Cat
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2009, 10:10:29 AM »
wow, those runs sound brilliant! did you build them yourself? trouble is my husband is hopeless at DIY so we would have to have help! have phoned planning dept, said they didnt think i would need permission.have sent me a form to fill in, none of which looks relevant to what we want to do. they want a cheque for 23 quid to look at the form! where would be the cheapest place for wire and wood? e-bay?  smudge is doing really well. his wounds are healing nicely and a callus has started to form over the break in his leg.  bramble

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2009, 23:21:12 PM »

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2009, 18:31:35 PM »
We have got a 28 foot run and didnt have to get any kind of permission (there are photos on here somewhere)
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2009, 18:06:57 PM »
Iv got a pen and no trouble from neighbours but if i were you i would enquire further so if your neghbours kick off you know your ok. If its a small avairy style run off the side of your house i cant see you will need permission  ;D
Sorry to hear Smudge got hurt, i hope he heals up quickly

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2009, 16:39:07 PM »
not sure I can hold my enclosure up as a good example any more, Gill, since the advent of Mr Houdini Tosker ;)

Gillian(Ambercat) has some great photos of hers somewhere though, bramble
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2009, 14:32:33 PM »
Gillian , trigger, Lottie and do a search you will find them but make sre you are on th ehome page when searching

Offline bramble

• Adult Cat
cat pens in the garden
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2009, 13:24:35 PM »
hi all, wondered if anyone can tell me if they have built an outside cat pen in thier garden? might sound silly but did anyone need planning permission? we tried to catproof our garden but it didnt work and we had loads of grief from our miserable neighbour! we would love to build a cat pen on our patio which is the width of the house. we have 3 cats and a foster cat! smudge one of uor cats was attacked by something a couple of weeks ago. he had loads of puncture wounds on his left hind leg and his tibia was broken. he has to have 6 weeks cage rest and has been really poorly. naturally i am terrified that something like this could happen again and would love to get a pen sorted before he can go out again so i can keep all my babies safe. dawn

Link to CatChat