Author Topic: LOST YOUNG MALE TABBY (Widmer End, Bucks) - Please come home Fable xoxo  (Read 22877 times)

Offline JaninaD

• Adult Cat
Hi Dawn!!  You can't miss me, I drive a Sprint Blue Audi TT Roadster, it's the only one around here I think  ;D

We've been ok, we miss the lad loads - I live in partial hope of his safe return, but I just don't know any more.  When we put new posters up we have two or three false calls, mainly due to the large number of tabby cats on the "Flower" estate over the back to us.  Of course, you follow every lead to no avail.  I remember only too well how spooked he was that night, like there was something so much more important than coming back to us when called I wish time and time again that we'd headed off to Windmill Lane on the first day because we would have found him then I reckon, I also wish that I didn't work then I would have had all the time to keep up the search in the daytime.  All the nights we spent wandering the streets with our torch as the nights drew in earlier and earlier - it's heartbreaking and it makes me so sad - We like to think that he's alive and happy in someone else's cozy home with lots of fuss and his own armchair like he had here.  You were so wonderful helping us at every opportunity and many other readers offered advice and encouragement on CC and Purrs, we won't forget the kindness people showed to us. 

The kittens have of course kept us busy and are thriving and growing well despite their bad start with their poor health.  They are all very cuddly and devoted furbabies and boy oh boy are they mad as hatters!!!  All of the three older cats have accepted them now.  My fears begin now as we start to let them out to explore, I can't tell you how scary it is for us. :sick:

Wishing you all well - Janina xoxo

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
I was thinking of you only last week Janina - I always have to stop to let people out of your road and often wonder if its you!  hope things settle down with whatever is going on, I still look for fable when I'm out walking after dinner - haven't seen the cat by the doctors for a while, I heard they had to ban it because it scratched an old lady

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Sorry it wasnt fable but maybe this is a friend cat sussing out the area for her  :hug: :hug:

Offline JaninaD

• Adult Cat
Hi All

Have been very quiet about Fable - no news of course otherwise you'd all be the first to know.  There was the strangest thing last week though, I was standing on the patio at 5.30am, having a quiet smoke beforeleaving for work and this huge cat with bengal markings leapt from standing frommy neighbour's lawn onto the top of her fence - he was sandier in colour than I would imagine that Fable wouldbebut it was so weird, he turned whilst he perched on the fence top and stared right at me.  I nervously called "Fable?", I didn't believe it could be him, not after all this time surely?  He looked once more and bolted - I have searched my head for a total recall pic of that cat as it leapt over the fence.  Truth?  It was likely too sandy, I have never seen it before though and there are no new neighbours in the area, although anyone could have got a new cat.  I resolved to call the vet if I saw him again and I haven't yet.  N.B, this is the first time that a cat other than one of mine has ever been in my neighbours gardenjust to add to the mystery.....

I have also been quiet on the kittens' post, Merlin, Mali and Myth - I have a tale to tell there but can't right now due to some nasty issues going on.  Mysterious, yes, very, but I will reveal all when I can.  Don't worry though the kittens are fine, despite everything going on :scared:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
Re: LOST YOUNG MALE TABBY (Widmer End, Bucks) - Please come home Fable xoxo
« Reply #76 on: November 25, 2009, 18:44:56 PM »
:thanks:Bazsmun, he simply has to be out there, I won't take no for an answer (remind me of this post please when I am having a negative spurt!!) xoxo

Dont worry I will quote and re quote your exact words.....Keep up the brilliant work you are doing!  ;) :hug:

Offline JaninaD

• Adult Cat
« Reply #75 on: November 25, 2009, 18:26:47 PM »
 :thanks:Bazsmun, he simply has to be out there, I won't take no for an answer (remind me of this post please when I am having a negative spurt!!) xoxo

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #74 on: November 25, 2009, 02:39:24 AM »
Sending more positive vibes for your continued search.....You are doing such a good job!  :hug: :hug:

Offline JaninaD

• Adult Cat
« Reply #73 on: November 24, 2009, 18:20:20 PM »
Hi Dawn,  Effectively North Road is what Brimmers turns into and goes on to Four Ashes.  We have done the leaflet drop tonight.  I will keep you posted.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #72 on: November 24, 2009, 09:14:25 AM »
good news about the babies, I'd love to come and meet them!  Sounds like over the fields might be the way to go is north road the one that leads to Kingshill?

Offline JaninaD

• Adult Cat
« Reply #71 on: November 23, 2009, 20:54:20 PM »
Hi Dawn and all Purrs Folk

Dawn, I have been looking at all the "green corridors" and I'm going to try Grange and North Road, he was seen heading through the fields when he first went missing, up toward the allotments at the top of Windmill Lane, from there he could have crossed the road to Grange or headed right on through the Widmer Fields along North Road.  What do you think?  Possible?  Anyway we will leaflet there over the next few days and see if we get any luck.  I think the flats have post holes in the lobby or something but you're right I can't see them either.

I am also going to give the milkman and the postman another leaflet each to see if they can help.

Well, the big news of the day is that we just went to view the tabbies (two boys) that we have been waiting for ages to be ready to adopt, they are still underweight but have started to eat and are nearly ready for 1st vaccines.  They are 9 weeks old and just adorable but very teeny still, they look around 6 weeks only.  They were not feeding at all well before but they're getting there and wow, they are so playful and rushed around with their sister into everything and very sociable already, ermmmm we couldn't leave the little girl, she loves her brothers and sleeps curled up with them and she looks like she stepped off a chocolate box so we have reserved her too - our kids are all grown, only one left at home and we love our feline friends so much that another 3 makes no odds - our three old lady cats will snip and gripe for a couple of days then say oh well mum and dad brought in more waifs and strays and we were like that once!  We will collect them as soon as they are ready perhaps another 10 days or so!!

I'm more determined than ever to get my boy back now so he can come home and play with these three beauties, hopefully they will occupy him enough that he won't leave again, he was getting bored with the three old girls.  Once they are home and settled we'd love you to come and visit them Dawn.

I will let you know how the new leaflet drop goes.

love and hugs

Janina :Luv:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #70 on: November 23, 2009, 08:53:34 AM »
I'm glad you've seen it for yourself, I was going to see if I could take a photo but is was so horrible at the weekend I confess to not going out - I managed to stuff a couple of leaflets under the doors at the flats but couldn't find the letter boxes???  anyway if you need any more help just shout, I'm sure he is holed up somewhere with someone

Offline JaninaD

• Adult Cat
« Reply #69 on: November 23, 2009, 07:47:33 AM »
Hi All

No news - Dawn, I've seen the cat this morning on my way into work and it's not Fable, too much white on the chest and throat and the belly has white and not caramel bits like Fable Boy. He's been gone for 8 weeks today and I have spent the weekend imagining horrible things. Can't seem to buck up - I can't tell my husband what I'm thinking either as it's pointless and non-productive to spread my gloom. We put out a lot of new leaflets last week to the same houses as before and we're going to cover the whole estate at the back of us again in the hope that he may have wandered back and been taken in by someone that forgot about our first poster. If he's out there though I think he's more likely to be on a farm somewhere and remaining invisible during the day as we have asked all the farmers to keep a look out for him. :(

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #68 on: November 19, 2009, 09:40:40 AM »
I'm pretty sure the cat at the flats has white all the way down the front - its  a friendly little thing but just shut out a lot, it followed us down the road the first time!  I will post at the flats tonight  I've kept leaflets in my car and will do it on the way home

Offline JaninaD

• Adult Cat
« Reply #67 on: November 18, 2009, 19:02:16 PM »
Hi Dawn

You know what I bet it is the one they are calling about - please do leaflet the flats, we didn't, stupidly didn't, put any there.

I am going to try to attach two more pics that show him off a bit more but the problem is they don't show his white bib much.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #66 on: November 18, 2009, 08:41:56 AM »
Janina - we were out for a walk last night and there is a tabby and white that hangs around by the new flats where cedars used to be - I'm not sure if you've seen it, I think it has too much white to be fable but you might want to take a look, I'm hoping its not the same one that you have had calls about, I've seen it twice now in the car park (next to the doctors) both times we've seen it it was about 8 - 8.30 pm last night it was looking into the window of one of the flats - I have got some leaflets with me and will post them at the flats on my way home from work if you want me to 

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #65 on: November 17, 2009, 18:33:19 PM »
Hi Dawn

Brilliant idea, the same suggestion just got made on Cat Chat's Forum so I am going to ask her tomorrow if she will let us and then find someone who will let me have one for a week or so.  I can't see the wood for the trees at the moment so it's a good job you guys are doing all the thinking for me! :doh:

:evillaugh: Snap, I've just asked the same question on CC  ;) even if he doesn't turn out to be Fable he may need neutering  :hug:
« Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 18:34:34 PM by Janeyk »
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #64 on: November 17, 2009, 18:32:48 PM »
the local cp or rspca will probably have one you can use - even Marjorie might no harm in asking -  I am determined he will come home lol!

Offline JaninaD

• Adult Cat
« Reply #63 on: November 17, 2009, 18:29:57 PM »
Hi Dawn

Brilliant idea, the same suggestion just got made on Cat Chat's Forum so I am going to ask her tomorrow if she will let us and then find someone who will let me have one for a week or so.  I can't see the wood for the trees at the moment so it's a good job you guys are doing all the thinking for me! :doh:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #62 on: November 17, 2009, 18:23:58 PM »
do you think she'd let you  put a trap in her garden instead?

Offline JaninaD

• Adult Cat
« Reply #61 on: November 17, 2009, 17:59:25 PM »
Lee got a call this morning to say "the cat" had been seen this morning in both gardens - he rushed over there right away from work but the journey was 30 minutes and needless to say the cat had gone when he got there.  The lady who called seems to have a real issue with letting us into her garden and gets in a real state.  We are decent looking people so I don't know why and we speak gently and with an emphasis on Thank You and politeness all the time.  I am working from home tomorrow in case of another sighting.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #60 on: November 17, 2009, 13:41:22 PM »
Positive vibes being sent for the search! Best of luck!  ;) :hug: :hug:

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #59 on: November 17, 2009, 13:04:46 PM »
Best of luck Janina (and Dawn)  :hug:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #58 on: November 17, 2009, 10:43:16 AM »
we put a new fence up inside our neighbours so they couldn't say anything about us putting the netting up (not that I think they would have said anything luckily all our neighbours are very nice) did you do all of roberts ride or should I start on cedar ave?

Offline JaninaD

• Adult Cat
« Reply #57 on: November 16, 2009, 22:15:11 PM »
I probably need to come and see your garden to see how they can't get out!!  My neighbour likes a lowish fence so therein lies our problem, we are shoring up the other side though which is their preffered way out since our tree fell down in high winds in early September.

I'm back on track for leafletting tomorrow so let me know where you got to if you managed to go tonight so we don't duplicate effort.  Again, I can't thank you enough for your continued care and concern and of course if I can ever do anything in return I am there for you in the same way you have been there for us.

xoxo

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #56 on: November 16, 2009, 08:48:37 AM »
Janina can probably see my house from hers so we are pretty close neighbours - I'd like to think people would help me if I needed it not that my mosters can get out of the garden  ;D

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #55 on: November 16, 2009, 03:08:47 AM »
 :hug: :hug: :hug: Thinking of you and adding more positive rehoming vibes....Nice one Dawn, your such a star!  ;) :hug: :hug:

Offline JaninaD

• Adult Cat
« Reply #54 on: November 15, 2009, 15:03:17 PM »
Everything helps Dawn, you're a star!  Even if you can just do a few doors, the next time I can go out is Tuesday after work as the bosses are over from the US this week and need me on hand, they don't understand missing cats  :(

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #53 on: November 15, 2009, 13:26:09 PM »
I'll do cedars tomorrow night (don't have a printer at home) if that helps

Offline JaninaD

• Adult Cat
« Reply #52 on: November 15, 2009, 13:12:02 PM »
Hi Dawn, everyone....
Well, we went down to the lady's house where the cat has been sleeping during the day in her garden since October 20th she says, you can clearly see two "nests" where he has been sleeping.  He hasn't been there since Thursday night though.  On Saturday morning the lady 4 doors away saw the same cat on her patio but she has a cat and when she let her cat out the other one ran off she didn't notice which way he went.  We are leafletting the entire street now.  Both of the ladies looked at the posters of Fable that we took down and said they were pretty certain it was him.  We called for an hour between the two gardens and then went down the back of the gardens which is the rear access to the shops and called but clearly whereever this cat is he's asleep now and not interested in food rattling!  They are going to call us if he turns up again.  Where I'm confused in my head is that the first lady said that he had been there on and off in the summer, well if that was the case he knows his way home now so why doesn't he come back - this leads me to think it's a cat that looks like Fable but isn't him.  We will hopefully get to see if he turns up again there and we can get there in time.  Neither lady was over keen for us to spend any more time there than we did today as they are busy with dinner and visitors which is a shame. :-:

Dawn, the lady that called us lives at number 10 Roberts Ride, we are going to leaflet drop the whole road as soon as we have printed more leaflets today.  We need to get Cedars done too I would think, if you have any time can you do any of Cedars perhaps?  I'm in such a stew, I have to be in the office this week without fail when I need to be looking for the little chap that's been seen.  We dropped a leaflet in the doctor's surgery letter box and another down at the vets too.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #51 on: November 15, 2009, 12:55:36 PM »
Janina - I'm still here if you need anything from me - I can't believe he isn't out there  :hug:

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #50 on: November 15, 2009, 08:24:51 AM »
  :hug: :hug:

details for the Purrs monthly draw are on here:  http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,26334.0.html   :thanks:

Offline JaninaD

• Adult Cat
« Reply #49 on: November 15, 2009, 08:12:17 AM »
It's looking doubtful, apparently this cat spent some of the summer in the daytime there too and Fable never went out during the day at all unless to sit in our garden, he was an "under the cover of darkness cat".  We're going anyway as the car there seems to be a stray they think so will take some food and see.  Both my husband and I have, and I mean HAVE to be in the office this week so we can't pick the stray up and take it to the vet yet - our bosses have been good with the whole Fable incident but their patience is wearing thin.  We do get to work form home quite often but not this week.
Will update later.  How can I join the Purrs weekly draw? xoxo

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #48 on: November 15, 2009, 02:12:08 AM »
Really hope this turns out to be Fable!  :crossed: :hug:

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2009, 12:54:48 PM »
 :crossed:  :hug:

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2009, 12:39:59 PM »
Keeping everything crossed that this turns out to be Fable and he's in good health  :hug:

Offline JaninaD

• Adult Cat
« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2009, 12:05:54 PM »
 :scared: We have a possible sighting! A lady just called to say that her friend that she visited in the week told her of a cat that has been living in her garden since the start of October, we haven't leaflet dropped this particular area as it seemed unlikely he would be there but the lady that was visiting has had a leaflet and kept it so she called her husband to get him to read the description of Fable over the phone and it all seemed to fit. He moved out of her garden two days ago as the place he was sleeping in all day and every day has become water logged but the lady next door but one to her has said that he is in there now.
The lady that just called us is the visitor and we have the phone number of her friend but she's out and we don't know where to go look - we have to keep calling until she's in. If this is Fable she says he looks well fed and cared for so I'm not sure but someone could be feeding him. I will take his bowls and food down once I know where I have to go to and ask if I can sit in her garden and call and talk etc. You all know the drill.....I'm scared and nervous, today is the worst storm of the year, what if he runs off again and we lose the trail? Anyway, positive vibes please in the direction of Hazlemere and Widmer End xoxo

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2009, 19:40:03 PM »
 :hug: sorry you've still had no news, but don't give up hope my sister told me of her friend's cat which was found when an elderly couple took it to the vets and he was scanned, this was a few miles from home, he'd been missing a month  :hug:
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 19:41:11 PM by Janeyk »

Offline JaninaD

• Adult Cat
« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2009, 19:34:36 PM »
We gave the vet a poster Gill and they didn't put it up so we gave them another and they promised to  - I am off there in the morning to see if the poster is still in a prominent place in the waiting room, it's been 7 weeks on Monday. I won't ever give up but I have learned to steel myself against the torment of thinking he's cold, lost and frightenend as that was eating me up.  Thanks for caring xoxo

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2009, 18:54:16 PM »
never give up cos one home this week who was in this situation and was recognised at the vets....hope they have ;posters too  :hug: :hug:

Offline JaninaD

• Adult Cat
« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2009, 18:51:00 PM »
Nothing Dawn, not a whisper and no "sightings" for around 4 weeks now - I have no clue where to look any more.  My neighbour caught me coming back from another hunt round this morning and told me he's probably snuggled up in the warm with some old dear who doesn't go out and hasn't seen the posters.  The thought would be a good one if only I could know for sure.  People keep taking the posters down too - it's set to rain tomorrow but not on Sunday so I will go back out then.

No news on the kittens as they're not ready to home yet.

Thanks for thinking of my boy though Dawn, hope you're ok and looking forward to a rest this weekend xoxo

Link to CatChat