Author Topic: Lost Tabby cat Barking Essex - NOW HOME!  (Read 9041 times)

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
Re: Lost Tabby cat Barking Essex - NOW HOME!
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2009, 18:47:32 PM »
I am so pleased that you little one is back home where he belongs xxx
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline JaninaD

• Adult Cat
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2009, 17:06:39 PM »
Another happy ending  :wow:  I'm so very pleased for you that you have your boy back home xoxo

Offline Kenzi

• Adult Cat
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2009, 09:33:50 AM »
Thank you all, you really did help me through a rough time.

I agree about the rescue, I came out of there and said to hubby that I will never adopt from them which is a shame as I always used to look at their website as it looked so lovely.

Thank you once again for your lovely positive posts and well wishes.
A cat is a free spirit who will come to you for affection, but only on her terms. The quicker a devoted owner understands this the faster harmony will resume.

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2009, 22:43:58 PM »
so pleased for you - it sounds as if he was shut in somewhere, until someone came back from a holiday, perhaps

apart from her total lack of empathy, that woman at the rescue should have seen you as someone she might be able to rehome that cat, or another, at a later date, had your own boy not returned, and been really kind to you

I do wish some of those involved in rescue would have more commercial nous, for want of a better term, for the sake of the cats in their care
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2009, 22:34:24 PM »
Excellent news ... so pleased your baby is back home xxxxxx
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline miriambuddy

• Senior Cat
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2009, 22:10:14 PM »
brilliant news

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2009, 19:28:36 PM »
 :yayyy: :yayyy: :yayyy:
So pleased your boy is home . :hug:

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
  • RIP Sylvester, Sofa & Bunty - my furbabies x
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2009, 17:53:06 PM »
So glad your boy is home x

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Re: Lost Tabby cat Barking Essex
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2009, 17:31:39 PM »
 :wooooo: :wooooo: :wooooo: :wooooo: :wooooo:

Excellent news  :wow: What a freaky coincidence about his twin! You could always write a letter to that rescue centre and explain how that lady's attitude made you feel, especially at a time when you were already stressed and upset about your boy going missing. Might not sink in with her but at least you can get it off your chest  :hug:

P.S Have edited your first post to change the title  ;D

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2009, 17:23:45 PM »
So pleased for you! Wonderful news!

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2009, 10:30:45 AM »
Cat proofing is so worth it!  :wow:

So glad your babe has returned, you must all be over the moon!  ;D :hug: :hug:

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2009, 09:28:10 AM »
 :wow: that's fantastic news! glad that he is home safe and sound and good luck with the cat proofing  :ok:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Kenzi

• Adult Cat
Re: Lost Tabby cat Barking Essex update
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2009, 08:48:20 AM »
Thankyou all for your support, you really have helped me.

Last night my boy came home ;D, we were watching tv and he just jumped up on the windowsill as he used to do every day, after lots of cuddles and fuss, we have checked him and he seems fine, maybe a little bit more skinny. we really cant believe that he has come home  ;D ;D

We are going to look in to cat proofing the garden now, although it isnt something we can do straight away as we have to replace fence panels.

As for the woman at the rescue, she was a disgrace and her attitude made me cry, if she could have been more sympathetic it would have helped, she isnt from a big rescue, but they are advertised on catchat, and I think that she actually owns the rescue too.
A cat is a free spirit who will come to you for affection, but only on her terms. The quicker a devoted owner understands this the faster harmony will resume.

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2009, 18:48:45 PM »
Poor you, you're upset enough as it is, I agree you do need to go back and sort this out for your own peace of mind.  I would explain that you're upset but just need to resolve the issue so you can then continue looking for your little one if need be  :hug:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2009, 17:12:52 PM »
What a disgrace!  >:(

I think that woman is in the wrong job, she should of taken into account that you are already upset over the loss of your babe!  :hug: :hug:

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2009, 16:16:38 PM »
I am so sorry to hear how badly you have been treated.
Is this a large rescue place ? Can you make a complaint against this women (and well done for not knocking her out)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2009, 13:49:44 PM »
She sounds awful  :( I think that before you concentrate on searching for him in the normal way that you need to resolve whether or not this cat is indeed your one as it's pointless looking for him if he is in the rescue centre  :hug:  Deep down do you think your hubby is right but you'd just prefer that he wasn't and it was your cat?  :shy:

If you think hubby is wrong and he is your cat then I would persevere with the rescue, maybe ring and ask to speak to the nice lady again and explain your feelings and ask her if she will check for that scar on his ear.  You can tell her that he was chipped but that the chip has never been checked since it was implanted so it may be one of the rare ones that has migrated or stopped working.

If he definitely isn't yours then do keep going with 'Sam's tips' - they really do work  :hug:

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,305.0.html

Offline Kenzi

• Adult Cat
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2009, 13:36:46 PM »
Hubby says that our cat has more white under his chin.

As soon as we walked in we were met by a lovely lady who then took us to the rude one, she remembered that we had phoned yesterday and said "If you think i'm lying go and look at the cat yourself". I explained that I didnt think she was lying I just wanted to know for myself that it wasnt him. We then went to the pen and the cat ran to us straight away, I think that he looked just like my cat and I asked the nicer lady to check if he had a scratch/scar on his right ear, but before she could the rude woman came back, I then showed them a photo of my boy, but the lighting wasnt very good on photo, and straight away the rude woman was saying how obvious it was that he wasnt the same cat, she also said that he isnt responding to our voice, but he did run to us as soon as we got there, the rude woman said that he did that with them all.
I left there feeling that if he was definately ours we wouldnt have been able to convince this woman anyway.

Feel so down now :( :( :( but we wont give up looking for him.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2009, 12:55:27 PM »
 :hug:

Sorry it's not better news, what were your husbands doubts compared to yours? Can you find a photo that shows him in a similar position to the rescues photo to try and find if there's any part of his markings that you can match up.

If it's a nationial charity such as RSPCA or CP then it's worth speaking to the ladies superiors as that's twice now she has been extraordinarily rude to you, you'd think that she would be pleased there are responsible owners out there desparately trying to find their cat rather than the usual apathy they come accross   :shy:

Offline Kenzi

• Adult Cat
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2009, 12:31:30 PM »
just got home from the rescue centre, left there in floods of tears, I was 95% sure he was my cat, my hubby did have more doubts though, but the main reason for me being upset was that the woman in charge was so rude to us, she was adamant that he wasnt ours.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2009, 18:39:22 PM »
Positive vibes being sent your direction~~~~I do hope you get your babe back soon! Best of luck!  :hug:

Offline Kenzi

• Adult Cat
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2009, 18:33:54 PM »
Thankyou tiggys mum.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2009, 18:31:13 PM »
That's really encouraging! :crossed: that it is him  :hug:

Offline Kenzi

• Adult Cat
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2009, 18:25:36 PM »
They have had the cat since the 20th of October, but it doesnt say whether or not the cat was any where before the 20th.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2009, 17:14:55 PM »
Does it say on the website how long they have had this cat? If your cat has only been missing a week (I know it must feel like an age  :hug:)  it seems quite quick for them to have put a pic on of this cat as I thought they had to wait a minimum of a week before rehoming?

Anyway, hope you have a successful outcome regardless of whether this is him  :hug:

Offline Kenzi

• Adult Cat
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2009, 17:11:33 PM »
Thank you all for the replys, we are going to pop over there tomorrow to check it isnt him. The more that I look at the photo the more it looks like my boy, but until he stands up I cant be 100% certain, (cat is sitting in the photo).

The rescue were quite rude and stern on the phone too, so maybe I had rung them at a bad time.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2009, 16:42:21 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs, sorry it's at such a worrying time  :hug:

We thought that we had found him today on a rescue site as the cat on there looks exactly like our boy, but they have said he isnt microchipped, our boy is. Just to check I have sent them an email just incase they were looking at the wrong cats details.

Not trying to give you false hope but, although it's rare, microchips can and do migrate.  My cat was chipped in the normal place (back of the neck) and it had migrated to under his armpit literally on his tummy.  Depending on the scanner used this wouldn't have been picked up and especially not with a cursory wave over the head and neck area.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 16:44:49 PM by Tiggy's Mum - Helen »

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2009, 16:41:12 PM »
Hi Kenzi, so sorry you've lost your cat  :hug:  have you seen these tips which may help?

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,305.0.html

best of luck xx
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 16:41:56 PM by Janeyk »

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2009, 16:23:46 PM »
the leafleting thing seems to work best, even if you have to do it two or three times in the same area - how far is the rescue?  would it be worth going over there, sometimes chips can move??

Offline Kenzi

• Adult Cat
Lost Tabby cat Barking Essex - NOW HOME!
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2009, 16:22:21 PM »
Our beautiful Tabby cat went missing on Thursday 15th October 2009, we are all devastated and want our boy home, we have searched the area, given out leaflets and are also checking the local rescue centres.
We thought that we had found him today on a rescue site as the cat on there looks exactly like our boy, but they have said he isnt microchipped, our boy is. Just to check I have sent them an email just incase they were looking at the wrong cats details. in the space of an hour we feel as though we have been on a roller coaster, our emotions have been up and down.

We just want our boy home :( :(

Edited to change title - now home safe and sound!
« Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 17:30:43 PM by Tiggy's Mum - Helen »

Link to CatChat