Author Topic: LOST WHITE WITH BLACK CAT FROM LOUGHBOROUGH LEICS MISSING SINCE 27TH SEPT  (Read 14047 times)

Offline Bamptonia

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Pumpkin
Hi all, we didn't hear anything else abut the sighted cat, so it all still remains a mystery.  :'( Thanks for trying!
I am just in here as myself and a neighbour have spotted an unknown tabby hanging around the last two days: quite dishevelled with a tatty blue collar. Didn't look hungry, not a young cat either; but I was in a rush out and initially stopped because I thought it was my cat! I need to check first that it isn't a cat belonging to new neighbours.....if nt and I see it again, I'll get pics.    8)
<3 Bamptonia <3

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Re: LOST WHITE WITH BLACK CAT FROM LOUGHBOROUGH LEICS MISSING SINCE 27TH SEPT
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2012, 20:33:31 PM »
Any sightings yet bumblebec?

Offline bumblebec

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Burt
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2012, 10:48:45 AM »
Good morning All!

I am terribly sorry to hear that you didn't manage to see him when you had a look Bramptonia, what a shame.  :( When I next see the fella I will try to take a picture and I have put some cat biccies out the back in a bowl this morning with the vain aim to tempt him over...might end up with a possy of cats though!  ;D Of course I will call your parents when I seee him again, I really REALLY hope this is your cat…it would be wonderful if it is! Again it just seems like a coincidence, and he looks exactly the same as the picture.

I will also bring in my cat basket tomorrow, as if I manage to coax him with food I may be able to grab him. In which case I promise to call straight away

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2012, 21:18:44 PM »
Nice work Myblesdaughter for making the call  :wow:  :hug:

:welcome: back to Purrs Bamptonia. It would be fantastic if it was him, maybe if Bumblebec could get a photo that would help with ID'ing him and if necessary you could borrow a trap from a local rescue.

:crossed:

So sorry you didnt see the cat but I think it was at the bottom of the reporters garden.

Bumblebec said she works in the area so would imagine she is off for the weekend but can keep her eyes peeled on Monday  :wow:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2012, 18:26:36 PM »
So sorry you didnt see the cat but I think it was at the bottom of the reporters garden.

Yes miricles do happen and our last was a maine coon that escaped from a moto hotel at a service station on the way abroad and he was missing without trace for a very long time but persistence paid off  ;D ;D

Offline Bamptonia

• Kitten
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2012, 17:57:49 PM »
Hi everyone! Thank you so much for all of your good wishes  ;)

We went to look around the area and it was bleak to say the least! Wouldn't want to think that any cat was trying to survive around there...... We scouted around the waste land near the salvage place and called a little, but no sign of any cat. However, they are pretty elusive creatures at the best of times so maybe it was unlikely to turn up / come out with us being there. There was a housing estate nearby so could potentially be somebody's pet I guess?

If it was Nelson then it would be nothing short of a miracle.... but then miracles do happen!!!

Nelson isn't actually his real name btw. His real name was Greebo. I have read that cats don't really answer to their names anyway but the sound of their owner's voices... but if bumblebec or anyone else sees the cat again you could try? He had a really musical meow which sounded like the Nelson character from the Simpson's 'Hee-hee!" and that's why we gave him the nick-name. He also has extremely big paws with an extra 'thumb' awww he was such a gentle and lovely cat  :'(

He had a silver and white heart design (a cheap one - shamefully - like having horrible underwear on and having an accident!) at the time that he disappeared.

Please if you do see Nelson again can you call my parents and let them know? They live fairly near and would be able to come and see..... Perhaps we could set up a cat trap box if necessary? I now work in Barrow and live on the opposite side of the town, so it would be no use letting me know as I wouldn't be able to get there in good time. Their telephone number is 210581 for reference and my Mum is Mogalot1 (she's just joined)  :Luv2:

« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 17:59:13 PM by Bamptonia »
<3 Bamptonia <3

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2012, 17:06:11 PM »
:shocked:Hi there! I am absolutley amazed to have had a reply to my post after sooooo long! Apologies for not being around: we have moved home - new telephone number and email address so I wouldn't have been alerted to these posts.... you just don't imagine that after so long anything more will happen: we tried EVERYTHING o find him..... Anyway, thank you so much, my Mum has just let me know about the info and we are going to have a scout around the area now! My new email is sbampton@virginmedia.com if you want to get in touch. Guess I should update my details here too.... will let you know how we get on! ThAnKoU!!! :Luv:

Please update your Purrs details  ;D

I do hope its your cat and sending loads of good wishes  :hug: :hug:

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2012, 15:28:13 PM »
Best of luck  :hug:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Bamptonia

• Kitten
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2012, 14:04:38 PM »
  :shocked: Hi there! I am absolutley amazed to have had a reply to my post after sooooo long! Apologies for not being around: we have moved home - new telephone number and email address so I wouldn't have been alerted to these posts.... you just don't imagine that after so long anything more will happen: we tried EVERYTHING o find him..... Anyway, thank you so much, my Mum has just let me know about the info and we are going to have a scout around the area now! My new email is sbampton@virginmedia.com if you want to get in touch. Guess I should update my details here too.... will let you know how we get on! ThAnKoU!!! :Luv:
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 17:42:15 PM by Bamptonia »
<3 Bamptonia <3

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2012, 13:53:28 PM »
Sarah's her daughter, I've told her to come on purrs and look, then she can see the info. Just thought it might be easier for them to explain on the phone cat details, area etc.   

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2012, 13:41:05 PM »
Very strange cos she is Sarah not Jan on old email addy which is different................why doesnt she just come on Purrs?

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2012, 13:04:21 PM »
The women has phoned me back and she hasn't found her cat, could you maybe give her a ring her number is 01509 610581 her email address is janbampt@hotmail.co.uk. She really keen to see if it is her cat. She going to go to the area this afternoon and have a look. Fingers crossed it would be great if it turns out to be.   

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2012, 12:17:13 PM »
I phoned the numbers the 1st is no longer working but the second had an answer phone so I left a message to ask them to look on the forum. Hopefully they will get the message they could easily have moved after all this time.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2012, 17:56:38 PM »
No lol and I havent heard back from her.

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2012, 12:20:14 PM »
Don't want to state the obvious but has anyone tried phoning Bramptonia?

Offline bumblebec

• Kitten
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2012, 10:29:14 AM »
 :thanks: for the welcome everyone :) Just to say I saw this cat  again yesterday, in exactly the same place (on lane leading to R & Z). Hope the lady gets back to you about this. have a lovely day everyone

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2012, 22:11:34 PM »
I havent had a reply as yet

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2012, 22:04:04 PM »
Ooooh wouldn't it be wonderful if this was the same kitty  :hug:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline snarf

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Bridge babies Lucifer & Neko. Sparecat, Saph
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2012, 21:19:25 PM »
small world, i work just off belton road  :welcome: very thoughtful post

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
 :welcome: to Purrs bumblebec and what a kind first post  :hug: Would be amazing if Nelson was still missing and it was him :wish:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Thank you very much for your post and have sent the lady an email.

Offline bumblebec

• Kitten
Hi there,

I am just writing in reference to your advert for your missing cat in the Loughborough area. I don’t know if you have found Nelson as its almost two years ago however when standing out the back of my offices having a cheeky cigarette I keep noticing this fluffy black and white cat wondering around. He looks a bit mucky now but he looked rather well in health so thought I would do a search and I found your advert! I tried coaxing the cat over last week, but was not having any of it! I haven’t seen him this week  however I saw him twice last week. I have attached a link below to show the area where I work, and it’s there that I have seen the cat. I honestly can’t say for sure if it is your cat, however the picture looks VERY similar (95% sure it’s the same cat….unless you’ve found him!!) to what this cat looks like and seems a bit of coincidence that yours is missing, and is in close proximity to where you last saw him.
There is a scrap yard down a little lane off Pavilion Way (at the back of where I work) called R & Z which is where I saw the cat wandering around. It did go to the back of some buildings, the second time I saw it the cat was on our side of the back fence and that’s when I tried to coax it.

ANYWAY enough jabbering, if you maybe go to the area and call him he may come out??? I lost a cat a few years ago so I know the stress and emotions that go with it, never quite got over it!

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?saddr=LE11+5GW&daddr=Paget+St,+Loughborough+LE11+5&hl=en&ll=52.779405,-1.216414&spn=0.012188,0.037808&sll=52.775705,-1.20929&sspn=0.012189,0.037808&geocode=FWRsJQMdQojt_ym5UBeSTOd5SDEBoE2TVBrXAA%3BFY1HJQMd92_t_yln3as6tuB5SDElzjuQSaoNcg&gl=uk&mra=ls&t=m&z=16

I wish you all the luck in the world finding your cat

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
Hello Sarah and   :welcome:  to Purrs

So sorry to welcome you under such worrying circumstances

It may sound obvious but are you leaving some food by the back door and/or in the garden??

Would be best to modify your post and taking your phone no. off! People can contact you privately by private message for this!  ;) :hug:

on;y if they are on purrs!

If this is a members only section it should be ok for Sarah to leave her phone number on I would have thought

There have been some amazing stories on here - here is one from Miriam

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,25623.0.html

Come home soon Nelson - positive vibes coming your way

:where:
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Would be best to modify your post and taking your phone no. off! People can contact you privately by private message for this!  ;) :hug:

on;y if they are on purrs!

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
I am sorry to welcome you to Purrs at a time of such worry and hope that Nelson returns home soon.  The tips in the link Bazsmum posted have helped many a person get their cat home safely  :hug:
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
 :welcome: to Purrs although sorry for this reason your here!  :hug:

Please read the link provided as there are some very good tips in it!  ;)

Sending positive homing vibes for your babes safe return home very soon~~~~~Best of luck!  :hug:

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,305.0.html

Offline Bamptonia

• Kitten
LOST WHITE WITH BLACK CAT FROM LOUGHBOROUGH LEICS MISSING SINCE 27TH SEPT
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2009, 18:52:46 PM »
 : :'( Nelson, our beautiful "angel face" has been missing since 27th September. He has completely vanished without trace and we are desperate to know what has happened to him. He is a long haired white and black neutered male, he was wearing a silvery white heart design collar when he disappeared. He is naturally a thin cat, although he looks larger due to his fluffy fur. Nelson has a skin allergy and was receiving veterinary treatment. He was well looked after and well-loved. Nelson has a tiny, musical meow. He is extremely lovable but very nervous and we don't think that he would have willingly gone to anyone that approached him. He was always with his sidekick Pumpkin and has never been away from home for more than a day. Pumpkin misses him terribly. Nelson disappeared on Sunday afternoon and has not been seen since by anyone: no reports of an RTA or similar. We have leafleted, door-knocked, pounded the streets and advertised in local papers and shops etc. We have contacted all local vets and cat shelters but have drawn a blank. Can you help? Have you seen a cat like this in the area? We are worried that someone may have "adopted" Nelson in good faith. If you have ANY information at all please get in touch ASAP. PLease call 01509 610476 or 01509 210581. Please a message if there's no answer from either number. Thanks.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 20:59:03 PM by Bamptonia »
<3 Bamptonia <3

Link to CatChat