Author Topic: re hello  (Read 2592 times)

Offline Iluvcritters

• Adult Cat
Re: re hello
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2007, 02:29:52 AM »
 :welcome: Hugs?  RIP dear Sox and purrs to Lucky!

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2007, 12:27:43 PM »
That's it, isn't it?  They all have their own unique characters, and it's that which you miss, rather than the physical number of cats.  What's that saying "The sum of the parts is greater than the whole....?"

Offline whackycat

• Adult Cat
Re: thankyou
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2007, 10:43:54 AM »
Well thanks everyone for being so kind, Lucky appears to be slightly happier today venturing outside a bit more and has been playing too, even though we got her this place feels empty without sox hed come and wake me in the morning my gently tapping my face with his paw, i've never known such a gentle and kind little cat before, the cat I grew up with use to scratch hiss at anyone who went near her, she lived till she was 18 and although we missed tiptoes we knew she had to go, just seems unfair that sox was so ickle still..  Keep thinking i see sox out the corner of my eye, anyway once again thanks all x

Offline Sylvia

• Hero Cat
  • Gizmo, Thomas, Suki, Sweep, Tatty & Tabs
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2007, 10:32:37 AM »
Hi Wackycat, &  :welcome: to Purrs

So sorry to hear about your Sox.

Although I know it takes time, I hope that happier times are to come for you and all your family very soon.

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2007, 07:36:01 AM »
Hello petal.  Welcome to Purrs.  Very sad to hear about Sox.

My stepdaughter's cat also made the journey from England to Spain, where he  lost a leg to a car accident.  He loves snoozing in the sun though - it's his favourite past-time. 

Do hope Lucky settles down in time without her brother.       :care:

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2007, 23:57:15 PM »
Hiya warm  :welcome: to Purrs.

So sorry about Sox. Know excactly what ya feeling. Loosing a babe so sudenly is , well, no words can describe the pain. Its also very upsetting seeing the pain of the other babe left too. (Lost Ochi, my Rio's brother to an rta) With Rio i gave him lots of love and attention and he got better in time. He now has a new buddy.
Sox will be on the bridge now playing with all our babes up there. He will always be with you in your heart. If ya feel ya wanna talk about it, we all understand and will be here for you.  :Luv: :hug:

We are all a friendly mad cat slave bunch, so if ya need any help with the forum, just holla.  :)

xx

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2007, 20:48:29 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs. I am so sorry for your loss.  Look after yourselves...

xC
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2007, 20:02:15 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs, I wish it was a happy time for you  :hug:

Offline Sarah (seldom_use)

• Super Cat
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2007, 19:47:17 PM »
Hi Whackycat, such a sad way to join :(
Sox will be watching over your family now though.

Take care

Sarah x
« Last Edit: March 19, 2007, 19:47:38 PM by seldom_use »

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2007, 19:18:58 PM »
Hi Whackycat  :welcome:

Like Sam said, sorry you had to find us in such sad circumstances.  Sox will be at Rainbow Bridge by now, restored to full health and living in paradise until you are ready to come and collect him.  Have you seen the animated Rainbow Bridge, it's very moving so tissues required but it helps me to think my little girl is there.  Hope it can bring you some comfort too  :hug:

http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2007, 15:11:22 PM »
Hi Whackycat and  :welcome: to Purrs.

So sorry you have found us at such a terrible time (I have just read your lovely poem to sox on the Rainbow Bridge thread).   :grouphug:

If Lucky is still depressed about the loss of her brother maybe this site might offer some help:  http://www.fabcats.org/behaviour_felinebereavement.html

Take care and look forward to hearing more from you soon.

Sam, Foxy, Zerphyr and Rossi
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline whackycat

• Adult Cat
re hello
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2007, 13:02:06 PM »
I am new here,  My cats are called sox and lucky, unfortunately sox got hit by a car outside our window friday evening last week and tried desparately to stay alive but he couldnt he died in my husbands arms.  Lucky is very sad without her brother as we are too, Sox was a real character a beautiful cat we'd moved them over from england to spain last september and were really part of the family.  I will miss sox so much .  My 6 year old daughter is finding it difficult as her cuddly ball of fluff is no longer here. 

Link to CatChat