Author Topic: Cat Hanging Around Mum's Place  (Read 1831 times)

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
Re: Cat Hanging Around Mum's Place
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2009, 14:09:19 PM »
Best of luck with this little babe!  ;) :hug: :hug:

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2009, 13:24:18 PM »
Yes, do let us know how you get on, she is lucky to have you looking out for her  :)
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Cat_Crazy

• Senior Cat
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2009, 13:15:13 PM »
Poor little one, she sounds like she needs some care  :(

She certainly does.

I have been talking to OH about it and he is slowly coming round to my way of thinking  8) So I will give you all a proper update oce I have been back to Mum's.

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2009, 06:44:35 AM »
Poor little one, she sounds like she needs some care  :(
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2009, 17:52:17 PM »
Yes definately - goodness knows what harm will come to her round there .
Don''t hesitate - take her to safety please.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2009, 17:47:40 PM »
If you dont live there and she is going to somewhere else they will never know and by the sound of it she wont be missed.........so sad

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2009, 17:03:09 PM »
Sometimes cats like her go missing, im sure they end up somewhere much better  ;D

Offline Cat_Crazy

• Senior Cat
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2009, 15:58:28 PM »
I regret not picking up the litter ginger from my mums neighbours the other week - I did call the rscpa and basically got told I was a bit nosey!  this poor little thing has had four litters in two years but that isn't considered neglect, should have picked her up when I had the chance (I imagine you can see what I'm saying!!)

I really wonder sometimes what is the point of the RSPCA?  :censored:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2009, 15:46:46 PM »
I regret not picking up the litter ginger from my mums neighbours the other week - I did call the rscpa and basically got told I was a bit nosey!  this poor little thing has had four litters in two years but that isn't considered neglect, should have picked her up when I had the chance (I imagine you can see what I'm saying!!)

Offline Cat_Crazy

• Senior Cat
Cat Hanging Around Mum's Place
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2009, 15:43:19 PM »
I was at my Mum's about 2 weeks ago and there was a very young (maybe 6 months old) female tortie hanging around in the back garden. Mum says she's owned by the neighbours next door (who have a long history of neglecting their cats or just putting them straight out onto the streets. They have been reported to RSPCA on several occasions by a few of the neighbours, but nothing ever seems to get done).

This poor little mite has the sweetest of natures, when I was sitting in the garden she was sitting on my lap, purring her head off!. She is long haired so looks quite chunky, but she is literally skin and bone. She was crawling with fleas (I gave her some flea treatment before I left), no doubt has worms and I'm 99% sure she is unspeyed. My sister is giving her a little food whenever she appears. I was being told today she was spotted sitting on one of the neighbours front garden walls, near a group of   :censored: chav boys who thought it was funny to blow cigarette smoke in her face, before eventually chasing her off  :censored:

I am so tempted to bring this little sweetheart back with me, simply because I know she is not going to be looked after. We have tried talking to neighbour before and all they say is "the cats don't want to come in, we can't force them".. do you guys think I should take her? any advice?...

Thanks

Link to CatChat