Author Topic: How to bond a new cat to our existing cat  (Read 4496 times)

Offline Tiggys Mum Tracey

• Adult Cat
Re: How to bond a new cat to our existing cat
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2009, 13:34:33 PM »
Thanks Christine. I am  very grateful for the tips on the websites and will def buy it so i can donate some money for a good cause.  :briggin:
Love life, love your animals!

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
Re: How to bond a new cat to our existing cat
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2009, 13:29:48 PM »
Friends have told me about a plug in that you can buy that calms stressed cats, do those really work? HELP!!

They probably mean Feliway, which you can buy from Vet UK - if you click through from the link on one of the rescue sites, that rescue gets a small donation from Vet Uk at no extra cost to you.  There's one such link at www.pawsinncats.com

My personal jury is out on Feliway but you should definitely find the hints here useful: http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,27012.msg473791.html#msg473791
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Tiggys Mum Tracey

• Adult Cat
How to bond a new cat to our existing cat
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2009, 12:28:31 PM »
Hello everyone,

I wanted to ask for some advice....

I am currently going through the process of adopting a 10 month old taddy from the RSPCA and wanted to ask for advice on how to bond her with my existing cat Tiggy who is just over a year old. Tiggy isn't at all an agressive cat and whilst I was at the RSPCA they put a cat in with Milly as they have called her and she was fine with it.  :Luv2:

Friends have told me about a plug in that you can buy that calms stressed cats, do those really work? HELP!!
Love life, love your animals!

Link to CatChat