Author Topic: Cats who are at Rainbow Bridge - should they be allowed to enter the photo comp?  (Read 7959 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
There will be no text limit, you can rabbit on as much as you like this is a celibration  ;D ;D

Offline Baggy

• Hero Cat
How much text is the limit to put in with your entry, I could rabbit on forever about the Proot  :shy:?

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
I like this suggestion, and might enter some of mine into it.
Please spay your cat

Offline Baggy

• Hero Cat
Sounds like a really good solution! The Proot would approve  ;D

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
Great - I think this is the best way  not to judge our Bridge Babes, just show them in the naughtyness  - cuteness  etc .

Will be sorting for my Beau & Zak - I do like to show them off even though they are not with me.
Great decision Gill xxx

A Meow Massages your heart.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Ok I have succumbed to pressure in that the aim of all of this is to raise money.  :shify: :shify:

Soooooooooooooooo I will add a Rainbow Bridge category to be called A Celebration of our Purrs on Rainbow Bridge, and the entrance fee will be £1 per cat as for the main show BUTTT there will be no judging and each picture should be sent with text to go with it, celebrating the life of your Purr on the Bridge. Entry to this special category will be allowed for the duration of the show commencing on 1 May.

Bridge Purrs can still enter the show as a whole in all the other categories should their owners/careres wish.

I hope this will satisfy all......................I will even enter my Kocka in this new category  ;D

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
Well I think that is a good idea Gill -

I Was just thinking of their own section - in the show - but I like your surgestion.  :)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
CC there is no in general, the rules are the rules and thats it.

Gail I think that if this is to be done it should be outside the cat show or am I misunderatnding and the intention was to donate to the cause for puttinhg them there?

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
How about a page for Bridge Babies - Just to share our babes with others. No voting to to show them off. A bit like the Rainbow Bridge page but on a happier note celebrating them, and their little naughty things they did.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
I wont be entering any of my bridge babes, I can't explain why I dont like the thought it though!!
Please spay your cat

ccmacey

I mean in genral Gill.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
All pictures will be shown so they can be judged but there will be no questions, just a poll for everyone to vote.

ccmacey

Just had a thought, do peeps get to see the pics in the classes?

If so peeps could ask questions about someones cat and the cat could no longer be with them and very upsetting having to say they are at the bridge. So maybe a good idea for a bridge class? Then others would know.

I know peeps might think why didnt my cat win but its going to be the same through out the comp no matter the class.

If peeps want to enter in bridge class they could, if not just enter in the other classes, its that persons choice then.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Seemes like i on a no win here !

It was requested that there was no rainbow bridge class of its own and that the Bridge cats were included with all the others.

I will not be entering Kocka at all what ever happens cos I dont want her judged, cos to me she is the most beautiful cat ever  ;D ;D. I have got 4 living cats to enter so am happy with that.

I knew this was going to be a sentisitive issue but at present the decision to have all cats in all classes will definately stand but the possibility of also having a Bridge cat class remains open.

Peeps please either post here or PM me on this.

Unless I get a significant number of wanting a new class, it will not be included.

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
I think they should have a class of their own. I dont' think it fair if they join the living cats.  They are special and deserve their own class.

just my opinion.  I will be entering Beau & Zak if they have their own class, but if not then I won't.

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie

Offline forever_missing_my_boys(Lisa)

• Super Cat
  • MY LOVE MY LIFE MY EVERYTHING =MY GSD TODD
can someone tell me if its (a) too late to enter?
(B) how do i enter ?who do i post the pics too???????
MUMMY TO TODD THE DOG AND MOLLY,BAILEY,BRIDIE,FLOSSY
,PICKLES,MAKOSI AND MAX THE CATS
 I :catluv: CATS

( A Kitten/Cat is for Life )

( A LIFE IS A LIFE WHEATHER LAMB OR MAN )
NO ONE LIFE IS MORE PRECIOUS THEN ANOTHER

FOREVER MISSING MY PRECIOUS BRIDGE BABES SNOWY AND BUBBLES :candle:

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
We decided that would be to upsetting to have just a class for bridge babes. I couldn't put mine in there hun.  :( so we are treating them the same as our earth babes.

ccmacey

What about a class just for kittys at the bridge?

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Yes Tan is absolutley right below, I couldnt have explained it better  ;D

I am now amending rules to allow the Bridge babes  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
 :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: Yay, Tiggy & George win  :)

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
I think she means for that class ages, The bridge babes needs to be in the class age he/ she passed to the bridge. So for unstance my Ochi passed when he was 16 months so not allowed in the kitten class but the Juveniles class and your wonderful Tig can go in the perfect Pensioners class and any other that suits the pic.

As far as i am aware, kitten pics of ya babes are allowed out of the age groups, so i could put Ochi's kitten pic is say funniest expresion but need Gill to confirmn that cause she big boss in charge.  :bow: :cuddle:

I better start saving cause i already got about 30 classes to put pics in!  :donate2:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
 :cheer: Yippee  :cheer:  Thanks Gill - you've made me very happy  ;D

Not quite sure what you mean by the 'last age will be the one that decides'?  I'd like to enter Tiggy's wall pic (amongst many others  :evillaugh:) - she was 10 in the pic and left for the bridge at 18.  I guess the same question applies for cats who aren't at the Bridge eg) Minty is over a year old now but what if his Mum wanted to enter pics of him as a tiny baby - what category do they go in - the age when the pic was taken or the age they are now?

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Ok it looks like we are opening up all classes to Bridge babes then and I will not do one specially for Bridge babes, All cats will just be treated the same

If the bridge babe was a kitten when going to the bridge then they can enter the kitten age class but the last age will be the one that decides.

Is that OK with all?

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
I was trying to stay off this thread as I don't want to be accused of trying to influence people's votes  :shify: but as you can see I have failed!

I completely agree with Tan, I wouldn't want to enter Tiggy in a Bridge babe class as that would be a bit sad for me, like saying another cat at the Bridge is more loved than Tiggy - of course they are to the owner but to me T is the best there is, the best there was and the best there ever will be :Luv:  I would love to enter her in the normal classes though  ;D

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
Must admit that was one of my 1st questions to Gill on the show as i have great pics of Ochi.  :coolpics: When she said she felt it would be insenitive to peeps if they didn't do well, I saw her point and agreed. I think to me if Ochi didn't do well, i would be a little down by it but the easy answer is that if ya think you might feel that way then :idea: ....simply don't enter ya bridge babe. :smile:
So i have voted to have them in all classes.  Would a bridge babe only class be too upsetting? ie setting them all against each other? If i was to enter me Ochi lad, i wouldn't put him in a bridge babe class cause they are all so stunning and prescious to us.  :Luv: :Luv:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
I think they should if it helps their humans to do so.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Bumping this cos it doesnt show when peeps vote only if thereis a post

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
I think they should.  I might enter little Tabitha too...
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
Helen - I don't blame you.  Tiggy was your gorgeous girl, and she'll be at Rainbow Bridge right now, dead chuffed that her Mum's on a campaign for her and her friends.  You star!

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
If you're reading this without being logged in there is a poll attached to this thread - you need to log in to be able to vote  :)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
At the moment the cat photo competition is only for cats who are still with us, the decision not to allow cats who are waiting for us at Rainbow Bridge to enter was taken as it was thought that it was a bit insensitive to judge them...  Gill has democratically agreed to a poll on the subject. 

I'd love to enter Tiggy and wouldn't be upset at all if she didn't win anything, it's the taking part that counts and I love showing my little girl off as she was beautiful  :Luv:  Milly's Mum has a rather lovely pic of George waiting in the wings too  :)

Please vote now
....  The votes are anonymous, if you want to make any comments you can reply to the thread as normal.

Link to CatChat