Author Topic: Hi everyone  (Read 3772 times)

Offline Starpixie

• Adult Cat
Re: Hi everyone
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2009, 19:23:45 PM »
Soo sorry to read about your loss
 :hug:

Offline Flumpetsmummy

• Adult Cat
    • www.ilovehernebay.co.uk
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2009, 18:57:02 PM »
 :thanks:

I have my Fluffo back, not in the form Im use to but it feels ok.
Were scanning lots of old piccies tonight of Flumpet way back to go on his memorial page.

I should probably put all this on rainbow bridge, so once Iv done it ill put the link on there.

I did some cooking today, one of his faves steak pie. I would always cook him an extra little bit and then he would have it b4 I made the gravy. Like most purrfection he loved sitting in the kitchen in his chair watching me cook and getting all sleepy on the smells.

Also spoke to a wonderful friend at Thanet cat Club today about Flump. he was so jelous and a bit naughty when baby first arrived we thought for a moment we should get him rehomed. But we couldnt do it and with there help :summer 1: the sun came out and we got over the blip. We then moved as we had neighbours from hell  :rage:
He loved the garden here but no sooner had we moved in and got him settled and involved and happy againour nd neighbour started feeding him all sorts of stuff he wasnt suppose to have and even when I went round and told her not to she continued and even put dry biscuits in her shed for him!!! I told her they made him sick and she still continued when he was sick on her drive!! Then he started getiing ill and she accused me of not looking after him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Meanwhile she was inviting him into her house for cuddles and offering  I found out him rich cat foods, cat milk (again I told her not 2 as this upsets him stomach) and chicken and cod and so on. So I explained to her that I wanted him in my house as hes my cat and we had just got him settled with baby  but she just was so holier than thou and would not listen. Flump you see would eat until he was sick if you let him and  then start again.

Now my Flumpet has gone shes started on someone elses cat and has been trying to get him to come in during the day but not at night as that "isnt what she wants". Some people are so narcasistic!
She already has a cat that she apparently didnt want as she didnt really like cats so I have come to the conclusion she is a fruit loop.
If anyone in Herne Bay cant find there black and white cat, who I believe wares a blue collar please contact me.
Luckily enought for the cat it goes back home at the moment.

Phew...I needed that. :thanks:

Run wild out on the edge of time Flump
Carry you dreams away love
For you are an island

Offline Cat_Crazy

• Senior Cat
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2009, 17:37:39 PM »
Hi Sonja  :welcome: The poem you wrote for Flumpet is beautiful. You're probably still feeling raw but the guys and girls on here are great listeners and advice givers.

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2009, 16:37:58 PM »
Flumpets ashes are comming home today. I know its morbid but Im gonna feel a lot happier having them with us.

:hug: back home with you where he belongs
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2009, 16:36:33 PM »
Hi Sonja   :welcome: to Purrs :hug:

Im sorry to hear about your beloved  Flumpet  :Luv: :(
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

Offline Flumpetsmummy

• Adult Cat
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2009, 13:50:44 PM »
Flumpets ashes are comming home today. I know its morbid but Im gonna feel a lot happier having them with us.

Im not looking at having another cat for quite a while until little one is a bit older.She has already got the bug and it will be lovaly to adopt a couple when she can interact with them without treating them like a large stuffed toy. She only grabbed Flumpet the once and he was so good. Looked at me as if too say "Please remove that yob from me mother...now!!"

Finally found all my old piccies of him so Im going to do him a memorial page on my website. Looking at old piccies made me realise just how old he had become.

Sorry about Flumpet Sonja  :hug:

I see you are in Herne Bay. A few of us from Canterbury & district CP are members on Purrs. I use Animal House vets in Herne Bay (although I live in Whitstable)
I changed from them at the end. We used to have James who was really geared up and did a big op on Flumpets ear to remove a massive tumour but at the end the vet we saw didnt make sense and I wished Id changed to Beltinge months ago. I dont think I could ever go back to Animal House.x

Any way on a kinda happier note I have my little old man comming home today. Im putting his collar on a big Snowcat hubby has got for me (came tday but we missed the delivery)and thats going on my bedside table. I have also found some stuff to go in the auction and if you guys at ever at Canterbury CP have raffles  and want prizes please email me.

For you are an island

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2009, 19:49:29 PM »
No pressure but if you find yourself lost without a cat around, we are always on the lookout for foster homes (as well as homecheckers etc who are quite thin on the ground in Herne Bay.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2009, 19:32:41 PM »
Welcome to Purrs Sonja - sorry its under such sad circumstances but be assured you are amongst friends here. :hug:

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2009, 10:45:15 AM »
Sorry about Flumpet Sonja  :hug:

I see you are in Herne Bay. A few of us from Canterbury & district CP are members on Purrs. I use Animal House vets in Herne Bay (although I live in Whitstable)
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2009, 23:36:22 PM »
Hiya Sonja and   :welcome:  to Purrs

So very sorry to hear about Flumpet I know the pain - believe me

It will get easier over time and whilst it is a great cliche - time is a great healer honest

Glad to have you on board
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2009, 20:46:42 PM »
Ahhh Sonja what a lovely offer to rescues.  Just wanted to mention the Purrs Auction is also coming up very soon ... maybe you'd like to donate a blanket to that  ;) ... all money raised goes to charity.  http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,27931.0.html
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2009, 19:50:38 PM »
That's a very kind offer for rescues Sonja  :)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2009, 19:47:46 PM »
I know it sounds like a cliche but time really is a great healer  :hug: It won't happen overnight but one day you will be able to look back and have happy memories of Flumpet rather than feeling sad that he is no longer with you  :hug:

Also where  :allears: on the forum would I offer my services as  cat blanket knitter for rescue centres. Would love to do some with all my odd balls and back them with cloth and so on. Dont care if there in kent or miles away just like to do something to help if I can and I  can clickity click whilst watching the box.

You could post in the 'rescue and rehoming' section - that's such a lovely offer  :) We have quite a few members from Canterbury Cats Protection on here - Mark, Sharon and Julie spring to mind but I'm sure there's a few others too  ;D I'm sure they'd be very grateful :Luv:

Offline Flumpetsmummy

• Adult Cat
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2009, 18:53:51 PM »
Oh your all so kind. :thanks:

I know these feelings of guilt, did I do enough and picking at myself are only temporary.

Me and hubs are going to start writing his story tonight  from the day he came into our lives.
Im going to also tag that onto our website www.ilovehernebay.co.uk so people can see it along with piccies if they wish from a link.

I feel so quilty that since babes was born he had less cuddles and looking back I can see he was really hurting at times.
Hubby gave him lots of attention to make up for the baby(babes was special care & I was paralised for weeks and couldnt walk properly for months) and my neighbour and family  at the time also gave him hugs and cuddles.
I dont think we understood though, little Flump. About 4 months before babes was born he had a huge tumour that came up in about 3 days removed from his left ear. It was massive, about the size of a 2p bit. So he lost quite a bit of ear and after that he never looked happy in himself. We where told my our vets ( not the ones we used at the end) not to bother and to help him out then but he was so livaly we didnt care about the cost and he went under for 3 hours.
The vet who did it did a brilliant job but did say at the time that this cancer he had was very aggressive. He said when it came back it would probably be the end. He left the practice soon after doing Flumps ear.

Anyway Im not going to get morbid again. I have writing to do and chocolate biscuits to munch.

Also where  :allears: on the forum would I offer my services as  cat blanket knitter for rescue centres. Would love to do some with all my odd balls and back them with cloth and so on. Dont care if there in kent or miles away just like to do something to help if I can and I  can clickity click whilst watching the box.

Sonja xxx

For you are an island

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2009, 11:52:54 AM »
 :welcome:

Sorry you have found us at such a sad time.  RIP Flumpet - have fun at the bridge.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2009, 20:54:13 PM »
Hello Sonja and  :welcome: to Purrs,

I'm so sorry you found us a such a sad time but you are among friends here and we all understand the pain and heartache that comes when we have to say au revior and bon voyage to our special little furry friends.  Flumpet sounds llike a very special little boy and it's obvious how much you loved him and he quite clearly loved you as much.  When you feel up to it we would love to hear a bit more about him.  :hug:  even though your boy is no longer with you physically he will have left a special "flumpet sized" paw print on your heart.

RIP Flumpet ... play hard at the bridge little man.  Much loved and sorely missed xxxx

sam, Foxy, Zephyr and Rossi xxx
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2009, 20:36:34 PM »
Hi  :welcome: to Purrs, so sorry for your loss Sonja

:Luv: What a lovely poem for your Flumpet  :hug:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2009, 20:32:58 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs....  :)

So sorry to hear of the sad loss of your babe!  :hug:

Offline Flumpetsmummy

• Adult Cat
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2009, 20:06:04 PM »
What a wonderful poem , its made me well up again. Hell be there and rainbow bridge, probably with an even bigger collection of pingpong balls.

Thanks to you both for you kind words x
For you are an island

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2009, 19:52:02 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs, sorry it's under such sad circumstances  :hug:

Flumpet sounds like he had a wonderful life with you, I know that's no consolation for losing him though  :hug:

The Greatest Gift

I always knew this time would come,
From the very instant our eyes first met.
How I loved you then! How I love you now!
I made a promise then, and I will keep that promise now...
You will not suffer from a pain that will not heal;
You will not know the loss of a life remembered, now gone.

It is for me alone to make this decision,
The price for the bright joy and pure laughter
You brought me during the time we shared.
I am the only one who can decide when it is time.
When my hope dies, and my fear rides high,
Just when I need you most, I must let you go.

It is for you alone to tell me when you are ready
For without your guidance, I will not know
When to lay my grief, my guilt, my anger
My sorrow and my selfish heart aside
And give you this last gift, this greatest gift.
Your eyes will speak to mine, and I will know.

The pain of this moment is excruciating.
Tears stream down my face in a river of sorrow.
And my heart drowns in a pool of grief.
For you have spoken and I have listened,
And unlike other decisions I have made
This one brings no relief...no comfort...no peace.

For if there´s one thing you´ve taught me,
If there´s only one thing I´ve learned...
Unconditional love has a condition after all,
I must be willing to let you go, when you speak to me
I must be willing to help you go, if you cannot go alone.
And I must accept my pain so you can be free of yours.

Go easily now, go quickly now,
Do not linger here, it is time for you to leave.
Go find your strength, go find your youth.
Go find the ones who've gone before you.
You are free to leave me now, free to let your spirit soar
Rest easy now, your pain will soon be gone.

I pray I will find comfort in my memories...
In the dark and lonely days ahead.
I cannot say I will not miss you, I cannot say I will not cry.
For only my tears can heal my broken heart.
But, I promise you this; as long as I live,
You will live, alive in my mind, forever in my heart.

So I give you this last gift, all I have left to give,
And this will be my greatest gift...sending you away.
It is the measure of my unconditional love...
For only the greatest love can say,
"Good-bye, go find the bridge, we'll meet again,
Loving you has been the greatest gift of all."

Forever and Always... Until Rainbow bridge....

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2009, 19:51:50 PM »
Flumpetsmummy,  :welcome: to Purrs.  I am so sorry to welcome you at a time of such loss and my thoughts are with you.

Your moving and inspired poem is such a fitting tribute to Flumpet.
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Flumpetsmummy

• Adult Cat
Hi everyone
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2009, 19:45:19 PM »
Hi

Im a newbie but Im a bit down at the mo:

Me and hubby are v sad as we had to let our 16 yr old Flumpet go on Tuesday morning.
He had a huge tumour on his liver and an enflamed heart.
There was nothing the vets could do and Im feeling pretty low at the mo. He was a real cuddly sweetie and was picked up 9 years ago by the CPL in Derby. He had been hit by a car and had to have his face put back together. he was with them for 1 1/2 years and when he chose us he had chewed his tail furr off.
Loved his ping pong balls and had a collection of about 30 hidden round the house.

He was v jelouse when our l girl was born 15 months ago but had just began to get over it.
We bought him back from the vets for his last night as he had been there for 2 scans and then we had the verdict.
He had become bigger everyday with the tumour which only happened started about a week b4 .He could barely walk on Tues morning and had so much goo comming out of his eyes, he looked dreadful.

Talked to him whilst he went and told him I loved him loads and I thanked him for all the happiness he had given us. :(

Poem for Flumpet

When the night meets the day I will think of you
Stirring in your bed at odd angles
purring softly, white fluffy belly in the air

In the morning sun I see you
stalking a pebble or stone in the long grass
Rolling over and over to the fight the pebble to the end
You realised your being watched and now you're a kitten
Bashful.Wide eyed and loved

In the darkness the coal fire flickers and wood hisses
The wireless on, we watch you contemplate and stare.
The flames mirrored in your eyes
your tummy far too hot you collapse in a heap on the rug.

When I'm lonely and the world has hurt me
you sense the anguish, you wash away my tears
You cuddle me so hard, you are part of me
bound together forever with love

And now the time has come for your body to leave us
That doesn't matter, it's only a shell
Your beautiful soul is entwined with mine forever
Forever kind, always sweetly locked inside my heart.

Sonja

For you are an island

Link to CatChat