Author Topic: What happens if DHL (for VetUK) try to deliver when you are out?  (Read 4737 times)

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: What happens if DHL (for VetUK) try to deliver when you are out?
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2009, 11:39:50 AM »
no I didn't!!  :-[

Offline Corporal Smokey

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • Amy, Cpl. Smokey and Lord Chester Red Bear <3
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2009, 11:37:20 AM »
Thanks  ;D
Ashfield and Amber Valley Cats Protection and Cat Chat

http://www.catchat.org/ashfield/cgibin/prtoc.cgi
http://www.ashfieldcats.org.uk
http://www.catchat.org/topcats

True love is rescued. Miss you always Josh and Hope xx

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2009, 11:34:39 AM »
if you can't re arrange a delivery you might have to pick up from the dhl depot I've had to do that before

You didn't read my post  :evillaugh: - they delivered it to the vet next door despite my instructions telling them not to  :Crazy:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2009, 11:33:25 AM »
No problem  :)

Still trying to find a renal food they will eat. Even now, most gets wasted. The nearest to something they will eat is RC pouches in Chicken flavour only. Clapton loved the Purina Renal wet for a while but has gone right off it. He will eat it if I leave a couple of weeks between giving it to him. Hill's k/d renal pouches are a no no and in my delivery last week was RC renal alutrays which is a dryish, cloying pate - they won't touch it  :tired:

I know they say you shouldn't give renal cats dry food but they will eat Hill's k/d biscuits and Purina renal biscuits. I put binders in adult or senior wet food as well. I keep ordering renal wet but it really is money down the drain - apart from the chicken RC - but even then, I scraped a full pouch into the bin this morning that had gone untouched.

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2009, 11:30:49 AM »
if you can't re arrange a delivery you might have to pick up from the dhl depot I've had to do that before

Offline Corporal Smokey

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • Amy, Cpl. Smokey and Lord Chester Red Bear <3
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2009, 11:26:34 AM »
I can't leave a note on the door as being in the High Street, it will tell the burglars I am out  :evillaugh:

Do DHL leave parcels at the PO?  - I don't mind that as it is only down the road although I ordered a fair bit of renal food.

Slightly off topic (sorry) but just being nosey and seeing what the latest food trends are down your way Mark. I'm about to place an order as they seem to have a good range of renal stuff and I have the pickiest cat this side of pickytown. I'll be buying dry mainly as I'm sick of scraping away untouched wet but if there's a renal wet that gets nommed well I'd love to know about it! We're only early stage/borderline crf atm so I'm trying to get him accustomed to it. He loves RC Digestive Comfort and Bristish Shorthair.

Thanks and please carry on talking about DHL  :-[
Ashfield and Amber Valley Cats Protection and Cat Chat

http://www.catchat.org/ashfield/cgibin/prtoc.cgi
http://www.ashfieldcats.org.uk
http://www.catchat.org/topcats

True love is rescued. Miss you always Josh and Hope xx

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2009, 19:08:03 PM »
When you place an order, you have an option for insrtructions. Mine are always.

If no answer at XX, please DO NOT leave at XXXXX Vets next door.

3 Guesses what the DHL card said........ :tired:

I also had a friendly message from Ron the driver asking me to phone him if I wanted my parcel today - so I won't be complaining  :evillaugh:

Luckily, When I went in, there were just a couple of nurses chatting with the woman at the counter (Practise Manager I think) - She was really nice about it as we chatted a while ago when her Persian went AWOL. I told her I had specifically requested not to deliver there. I said it was a bit embarrassing given all the stuff that has gone on - she said "don't worry about it "  :)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 19:09:06 PM by Mark »

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2009, 09:29:09 AM »
I think they normally put a card through the door and you call to rearrange another delivery time?

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2009, 20:14:25 PM »
I hope Idon't have to collect it as the Depot is in Sittingbourne - about 18 miles away

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2009, 19:03:04 PM »
Start the note dont leave packages round the back because i have a big mean dog?

DHL will return to depot or with a neighbour depending on the driver

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2009, 19:01:51 PM »
No I wouldn't leave a note  :shify:

I've just asked hubby and he said they won't because they're a delivery co, they'll prob leave a card and take it back to depot.
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2009, 18:58:32 PM »
I can't leave a note on the door as being in the High Street, it will tell the burglars I am out  :evillaugh:

Do DHL leave parcels at the PO?  - I don't mind that as it is only down the road although I ordered a fair bit of renal food.

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2009, 18:56:03 PM »
Do you have to sign?

When I get any parcels deliered if out and they have to be signed for they always leave at the post office and then either redeliver on request or I collect.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 18:57:30 PM by Janeyk »
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2009, 18:55:42 PM »
That will depend on the driver, for 4 years they have left parcels with the nice old couple yet today they left my box with the chavs  >:(
Can you leave a note on the door?

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
What happens if DHL (for VetUK) try to deliver when you are out?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2009, 18:45:10 PM »
Idid my order last night thinking it won't arrive until Monday as my 2 previous order have taken 2 days from order to get an email saying the order has been despatched. This time I got an email saying my order is being despatched tonight. My instructions say not to leave it with the vets next door. Will they try to deliver to the shop on the other side of me, redeliver or will I have to collect from a depot?

I have always been home in the past when an order is being delivered.

Link to CatChat