Author Topic: Chilli's transport Kirkby-in-Ashfield to Edinburgh - URGENT! Sorted  (Read 12296 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Chilli's transport Kirkby-in-Ashfield to Edinburgh - URGENT! Sorted
« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2009, 00:13:52 AM »
This doesnt really work cos the journeys required are so variable and we dont do a lot of transorting around if it can be helped, so requests are posted if and when but thanks for asking  ;D

Offline snarf

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Bridge babies Lucifer & Neko. Sparecat, Saph
Re: Chilli's transport Kirkby-in-Ashfield to Edinburgh - URGENT!
« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2009, 00:11:13 AM »
hi guessing this is all sorted now but it caught my eye as i live about 5mins away and could of helped if id had a working laptop to know. is there a list somewhere, or is it worth one being created, of purrs members, rough locations and wether they be willing to loan carriers/ transport pets/ help in general so that they could be pm'd if there was any need for them? i dont know if the administration for that would be impossible  so thought id suggest it and see?

i know that for me, maybe scotland would be a little far but id certainly be happy t do a few hours of leg on the way to help someone

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2009, 09:05:35 AM »
I really hope that she proves me wrong and settles back into a routine with Davey and lives a happy contented life and that Shona has her little family back together in harmony

I'm sure we all agree on that one!

Hear hear  :wow:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2009, 08:40:32 AM »
I really hope that she proves me wrong and settles back into a routine with Davey and lives a happy contented life and that Shona has her little family back together in harmony

I'm sure we all agree on that one!

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2009, 21:56:59 PM »
No matter what issues have sprung up between me and Shona my only concern in all this is Chilli :scared:

When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

Offline Sootyca

• Super Cat
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2009, 21:46:54 PM »
At the end of the day Bonnielass has done a great job of looking out for both of these precious babies and should be commended for it, Shona has come back half way round the world and wants her babies back together would be my reading of this

I'd definitely agree with this one.  Bonnielass has done a wonderful thing by looking after both Chilli and Dave.  For whatever reason there has been a dynamic change in the household that Chilli has obviously not liked and has rebelled against.  I didn't read anything untoward into any posts made at all, more concern that Chilli seemed to be becoming unhappy - probably as a result of being grounded for fear of vanishing again - and wanting to do the best for her! Whilst she was out and about she probably tolerated the other animals in the household but now she is inside and has to live in such close quarters with no respite she may be getting more stressed.  I don't for one minute think that Bonnielass could have done any more for them. 

I do hope it is resolved amicably, we all want what is best for our cats - that's why we are all here!   :hug:

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2009, 20:40:25 PM »
In defence of indoor only I have quite a few who are ferals and had been born outside till we bought them in - all have adapted and don't look to go outside anymore in fact they all now go to their side of the house every morning so know where they live

I have both indoor only and indoor/outdoor and my band of outdoor only of can offer a justified view

Most adapt easily especially with winter coming

I even on a regular basis ground my lot for days and before we moved for a whole month so know the damage that can cause them ours ended up re decorating 2 rooms after we moved out as we had shredded wall paper!

At the end of the day Bonnielass has done a great job of looking out for both of these precious babies and should be commended for it, Shona has come back half way round the world and wants her babies back together would be my reading of this
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2009, 18:52:09 PM »
You know Chilli best Shona and as you said she's been an indoor cat before with no problems so fingers crossed she settles back into that routine with no problems  :hug: In an ideal world all cats would free roam in nice safe gardens with no roads nearby but sadly it's not an ideal world so a safe loving home with her Mum is most definitely the next best thing  :hug:

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2009, 17:38:15 PM »
Well then I have been grossly misconstrued and perhaps people need to approach me instead of whispering behind my back, I thought we were all grown ups and if text on a screen was being misinterpreted maybe I should have been asked about it and I could have clarified. I have been very careful to make clear this is Chilli's problem and nothing to do with the care she has received. If someone wants to show me the things I have said that have been misread then fine, do so and I will clarify.

Do you not think that maybe, just maybe, this is all very very difficult for me as well? That I am also terrified that she gets here and is utterly miserable. That getting emails basically telling me I am wrong to take friends away from each other and for even thinking about being able to keep Chilli in. This on top of the guilt ridden remarks I got was on the receiving end of?

I am going to take some time out for a couple of days because this is hard enough without chinese whispers about me going around and nobody bothering to be adult enough to approach me about it so I can defend and clarify my position.

I am sorry if I have upset anyone, I have tried my best not to. As it is, it would seem I am the one in the wrong here so shall I just put Chilli up for rehoming now and forget all about trying to bring my little family back together? Shall I forget that I know Chilli and I know she has been both an indoor and outdoor cat and has been perfectly happy as both.

I am angry and upset so I will shut up now and leave this for you to carry on whispering about me.

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2009, 17:28:19 PM »
None of my animals are irrelivant and the photo,s of Chilli in the bedroom with scamps and outside with my gang are proof of her ability to be one of the gang, yes she had her stroppy moments but i also get them with Henry and Barnsey, im not pointing any fingers or making any accusasions just clarifying a point, your posts are coming over as tho Chilli was desperately unhappy here which is far from the truth and also bordering on being rude about me and my lot  as several people have pointed out to me, i was just going to let things drift but i felt that enough was enough, i have loved having them both and hope i have done my best by them

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2009, 17:18:39 PM »
Hang on, all along I have said it is down to Chilli's personality and that is the impression I have had all along from the emails I have received, which I still have. Chilli has been both an indoor and outdoor cat, hence why I was comfortable with her going out. It took a long time for Chilli to settle, at least that was the impression I got and was often told at grumpy episodes from her. Again, all along I have put this down to HER personality and have made no mention of any worries of lack of care they have received. If that is the way you are now interpreting this then I apologise, that was not my intention.

There are things I feel have been put at my door to make me feel guilty but I'm not about to air that here and can understand where it has come from to a degree but do not start saying I am the bad one here as at no point have I pointed the finger of blame at you. I have blamed Chilli's personality and her inability to cope fully with the situation. In fact, I have not mentioned most of your gang as I feel they are mostly irrelevant and I do think I have made it clear Chilli has been the upsetting factor recently and to get you back to normal I wanted to move her asap. Yes I'm desperate o have her back but I am also feeling the guilt immensely at the disruption she is causing and the apparent distress some of the others are showing at not having Dave there anymore.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2009, 17:15:11 PM »
I think you are right to clarify this BL because I have Sasa who was in a lock up at a cattery for over a year and she had previously lived outside with ferals and would chomp the hand off any stranger who came close.

She came here with Misa who she had never known and both stayed inside for 6 weeks before I opened the back door, once she decided it was a real offer to go out again she is always in and out .

The one time I tried to keep her in at night she broke through the cat flap and ran away for a week.

I dont think we should under estimate the call of the outside for some cats and their abject misery at being forced to stay inside.

I just have a terrible fear for Chilli and if she is shut in a flat now,  one little opening and she will be gone again and this time I suspect out onto a road to find a field and we all knows what happens to cats on roads  :(

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2009, 17:02:08 PM »
I think we need to clarify this subject of Chilli, i have had both her and Davey for almost 6 months in all that time they have both been fine, the first few weeks were strange as neither were used to other animals especially dogs but  over the weeks they have adjusted and gotten into a routine, Davey was a bit of a home bod and never went far prefering to stay close to home and could be found at night playing with his pals Rossi / Duke /Smudge /Casey and of course little Cassie in the front garden, Chilli prefered to be in the woods but always came back for dinner and at bedtime apart from one night where she stayed out
.She was fine with the dogs and sometimes slept with them the same as she was okay with the other members of my home, she wasnt keen on the kittens but the problem started when Mika arrived she was in such a state that she upset almost everyone, i even had 3 of my own cats stay out and refuse to come in, this was when Chilli did her disappearing act if she was so unhappy here as Shona is making out why did she return of her own accord and sit patiently waiting for me on the stairs, Yes she is stressed now but thats because she has been confined for a week with no outside access.
When i first took these two on i wasnt told they were indoor cats so when i broached the subject to Shona she was quite happy for them to go outside as she trusted my judgement.
I feel that Shona is giving the totally wrong impression of both me and my family ,i have spent hours with these 2 making sure they didnt want for anything including lots of love not to mention lost sleep over the week she was missing, worrying myself silly that something had happened to her, i have taken in cats both strays and unwanted and until Mika have never had any problems with any of them, i have even told Shona that if they didnt settle then i would willingly take them back even tho this will stretch finances immensly, i honestly dont think Chilli will now be happy to be an indoor cat but thats not my decision just my opinion.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2009, 16:56:18 PM »
poor bonnielass!!! Chilli is an ungrateful madam isn't she  :evillaugh:  hope you manage to get sorted soon dancer, getting you back from nz was painless in comparison!

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2009, 16:25:11 PM »
She has been kept in before and was grumpy for a week or two but settled after that. I think her biggest problem is the sharing with a lot of other cats and two dogs, just doesn't suit her, she likes to be queen bee and very much is not Bonnielass' :evillaugh: While there she has been fairly consistently grumpy spending a lot of time outdoors but with the other foster she didn't go out and was perfectly happy.

I think it will just be a case of suck it and see. Certainly lessening her stress levels with regards to other animals will help a lot I think.

Edit: Sorry, forgot to add, just trying to get money together now and then will arrange to get her up here asap after that.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 16:26:12 PM by 925dancer »

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2009, 16:20:58 PM »
sounds like chilli will not cope well indoors only  :(

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Daisy, Polly Lollypop Legs, Harry, Rosie Growler, Teabag, Gracie Dirty Face, Ruby Red Drawers, Picalli Polkadot Pants, Junior Officer Ripley, Kenny Kitten, Millie The Milster
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2009, 16:08:14 PM »
anymore news ??

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2009, 16:52:09 PM »
Chilli is indeed very unhappy at being kept in, while she was allowed out she would tolerate the others but she has now been confined indoors since last tuesday and is now clearly unhappy about this as she is going round all the doors and windows and lord help anyone who gets in her way >:(

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2009, 16:32:26 PM »
The more unhappy she is and how unsettled she is making everyone else is certainly making it very difficult. Just want to get her here and see if we can get her settled and happy again. Sandra is doing her best but she's just so stroppy and clearly not suited to living with so many other cats, just doesn't suit her personality, she's a bit of a diva princess!

Courier bids are now down to £160 so getting close to what it would cost for car hire or trains. Vibes that it keeps dropping!

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2009, 15:42:30 PM »
I hope this works out, Shona. You must be missing Chilli a lot by now.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2009, 15:38:34 PM »
That courier site Mark pointed me to is proving quite good. Basically you list your thing to be shipped and then companies bid for your business. First bid I got was £350 :shocked: But in the last hour there has been a flurry of activity and it is down to £190. We'll see how low it goes. the good thing is these companies are all legit and above board with the appropriate DEFRA registrations for carrying animals.

So, should this go low enough, what can we raise whip round wise if people are willing and I will see about topping it up with a very generous offer of a loan from someone.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2009, 14:31:24 PM »
 :crossed: :grouphug:

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2009, 08:20:28 AM »
I am trying to sort something, looking at a couple of options. One being my Mum's partner. I think he drives south quite a lot but not 100% sure on this as it may be he flies but if he drives maybe he can do part or all of the journey, I'll see if I can find out.

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2009, 08:00:10 AM »
We could probably do part of the way if some other peeps would be able to help too
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2009, 23:15:50 PM »
I'm South East so can't help out practically - have sent you a PM though  ;)

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2009, 22:06:39 PM »
I could hire a car again for as much Trigger but again, it's £100 more than I have after getting myself back to this side of the world and I hate to bang on about it but I'm unemployed (trying not to be) and don't even have my first Jobcentre appointment till Monday so finding that sort of money is close to impossible. Admittedly it would be very little if I were working!

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2009, 22:00:46 PM »
have you considered going to Mansfield by train and fetching her? it would cost around £100, but time wise can be done quite easily, and would have the merit of not required any preparation or planning
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline Sootyca

• Super Cat
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2009, 22:00:20 PM »
I'd contribute....I seem to remember we have had problems transporting up north in the past!  I admit to looking to see whether any of it was doable for me but I'm on the wrong side of the penines and would take 2 hours to get to BL.

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2009, 21:49:22 PM »
Good link Mark, I have put an ad up, we'll see what comes back although I'm not sure how successful a whip round would be for little old me :shy:

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2009, 21:27:07 PM »
Maybe you could get a quote from these and if they are reasonable. we could have a whip-round?  ;)
http://www.shiply.com/pet-moving/
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2009, 21:13:54 PM »
I've just had an update from Bonnielass and this is quite desperate now as Chilli is very unhappy at not being allowed out I think mostly due to her unhappiness at being in such a busy household, it just doesn't suit her I think. Add her wailing at the door to get out on top of some others pining for Dave and Bonnielass' house is not a happy one at the moment.

I really wish I could just whip down there and get her but I can't and I have no-one to ask. I'm down to my last few quid until my deposit on my house form NZ comes back and I sign on next week, even then it wouldn't be enough for any feasible transport options. I will ask around those I know again but is there anyone that can help with this transport run at all?

I'm so desperate to resolve this for everyone, not least because Dave's departure has left such an upheaval for BL and her crowd ( I think they were all secretly hoping Dave wouldn't settle with me :shify:)

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
Re: Chilli's transport Kirkby-in-Ashfield to Edinburgh
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2009, 07:22:55 AM »
It's a lovely thought Sam but as I am one of the great unwashed and gainfully unemployed that sort of expense just isn't an option! If I had the money I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2009, 22:55:46 PM »
Not sure if this is an option but how about flying her up BMibaby fly to Edinburgh from East Midlands (not sure how much it would cost or even if they would do it) ... just an idea.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2009, 22:40:57 PM »
I hope that transport can be arranged quickly  :hug:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2009, 22:38:05 PM »
Good luck for this Shona....I bet your dying to be reunited with her bless!  :Luv: :hug:

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
Chilli's transport Kirkby-in-Ashfield to Edinburgh - URGENT! Sorted
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2009, 18:40:30 PM »
So she has turned up and I now need to try and arrange transport of her from Bonnielass up to me in Edinburgh. Sadly I don't have a car so can't do anything as much as I would love to!

We also don't have a carrier for her, I am more than happy to pay for one or have one sent, I will look into ordering one unless someone else has a bright idea..................

Thanks wonderful purrs peeps :shy:
« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 00:14:22 AM by Gill (sneakiefeline) »

Link to CatChat