Author Topic: Hi, from a newbie  (Read 2430 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Hi, from a newbie
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2009, 23:34:41 PM »
So pleased she is home and that this is sorted  ;D

Offline Ownedby3persians

• Adult Cat
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2009, 20:47:58 PM »
Thank you. She has now been micro chipped  :) My other 2 babies are going to be mirco chipped also, just in case they decide escaping is fun  :hug:
Pixie 04.07.95 - 10.10.09 never forgotten

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2009, 20:23:47 PM »
 :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

So pleased Pixie is back home (maybe it'd be worth getting her chipped just in case she decided to do a bunk again  ;) )

Looking forward to getting to know you and furbabes better.

Sam, Foxy, Zephyr and Rossi xxxx
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2009, 19:08:51 PM »
Glad you've got things sorted  :)
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Ownedby3persians

• Adult Cat
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2009, 18:31:06 PM »
Finally got my pixie back home  :Luv: Got a lecture on how to care for a persian, ummmmm excuse me I have been owned by persians for 14 years had 5 in all ,think I know what do :rofl: Money that was spent on her was mentioned, we pointed out that none of it was really necessary and our babies are registered with a very good vet and they are taken when and if necessary. We were then told if we wanted to make a donation we could and given the address to send it to. which we will be doing ;D

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2009, 12:41:37 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs.... :)

Your furbabes are lovely!  :Luv2:

CP sound like they are holding your babe to ransom!  >:( :hug:

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2009, 12:04:11 PM »
Hi and welcome from another persian lover (I have 9  :) ) sorry to hear about Pixie, they should have returned her to you, after all  they now know she is your cat and it is not your fault they decided to take her to the vet or put her in a cattery (why did they do that?) before trying to find out if she had an owner. I don't think you should be liable for whatever unnecessary costs CP have incurred and they have no right to keep her.  :hug:

By the way, Pixie looks just like my Crystal (RIP) - I also have a lilac point and a seal point like Misty and Lily.  :)

Offline Ownedby3persians

• Adult Cat
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2009, 23:49:20 PM »
I'm thinking they won't let me have her back because I can't afford to repay the money they have needlessly spent (in my opinion) and up till now they haven't told us where she is, only that she is in a cattery. Lady was supposed to call back tonight, to tell us when we could pick her up and she hasn't and we are unable to contact her just  get answerphone

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2009, 22:48:48 PM »
Hi and  :welcome:

Hope you find this a pleasant place to be and we can hear lots about your cats and other pets in the fullness of time.

So sorry to hear about Pixie  :hug:.  Can you expand on why you think you may not get Pixie back.  I assume you must have spoken with CPL to know they have her and have spent so much money at vets.  So why haven't you just gone and collected her? i.e. what is causing the delay?  As Yvonne says, I assume you will have pics of her or have some other way of proving she is your Pixie.  TBH, I would be going ape in your situation :hug:

Offline Ownedby3persians

• Adult Cat
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2009, 21:52:37 PM »
Thank you, she isn't micro chipped as she doesn't go out. I'm worried because CPL took her to the vets and have said it came to £364, why they did that Ihave no clue, apart from having knots, which we were dealing with, she was fine, plus they put her in a cattery and I just don't have the money to pay for it, scared they won't let me have her back

Online Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2009, 20:41:18 PM »
Hi and  :welcome:  to Purrs

Sorry to hear that one of your Persians escaped, if she is microchipped there will be no problem.  There should not be a problem getting her back anyway presumably you have pictures of her??

Good luck.
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Ownedby3persians

• Adult Cat
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2009, 19:10:04 PM »
Thank you for the welcome. Its not a health issue with her, I'm not to sure where to post. She is an indoor car but has snuck 3 times in the 14 years I had her, well she got out just over a week ago, and somebody called CPL and now they have her  :'( I had put posters everywhere also, I'm worried about getting her back

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2009, 19:01:01 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs  ;D

WE have someone with loads of persians and am sure she will give a giod stab at any persian problem and its a cat problem the others will throw in their 2 pennies worth  ;D

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2009, 18:38:15 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs, Ownedby3persians: pleased you found us and decided to join in  :wow:

Please do post up your problem in the appropriate section for advice  :hug:
« Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 18:38:43 PM by Christine (Blip) »
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Ownedby3persians

• Adult Cat
Hi, from a newbie
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2009, 18:33:54 PM »
Hi, Thank you for letting me join. I have 3 gorgeous persians, pixie is 14 years old an almost white persian who I have a BIG problem with right now  :(. Misty is 6 a lilac point, very nosey and into everything and Lily she is also 6 and a seal point, they live with a 13 year old snake! and 2 14 month old tortoises  :)

Link to CatChat