Author Topic: The story of our new arrivals - Pea and Pod!  (Read 2243 times)

Offline PeaPod

• Kitten
Re: The story of our new arrivals - Pea and Pod!
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2009, 12:42:12 PM »
Thanks for the lovely welcome everyone ;D I'll make sure I post plenty more pics!

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2009, 13:16:44 PM »
Hi and  :welcome: to Purrs  ;D

So pleased you were able to take these babies on, love their names by the way  :wow:

Look forward to some pics when you can, and to chatting to you here  ;D

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2009, 12:49:04 PM »
Hello and  :welcome: to Purrs - your babies sound lovely x
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2009, 23:04:28 PM »
Hi Peapod  :welcome: to Purrs,

glad you have found us and rescued those poor kitties! look forward to getting to know you and them - and your dog too  :Luv:

photos would be great  ;D
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2009, 19:15:22 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs Peapod.... :)

Your babes sound wonderful.....but we do like to remind you you know!  :evillaugh:  :pic: :print: :heeee heeee: :hug:
« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 19:16:01 PM by Bazsmum »

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2009, 19:11:46 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs  ;D

Pea and Pod sound wonderful and pleased you mentioned the pictures, cos if you hadnt someone else would have  :rofl:

Offline LadyJane

• Hero Cat
  • Samson xx
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2009, 19:01:16 PM »
Hi PeaPod and welcome.  Your new home sounds just delightful and it certainly sounds like Pea and Pod are happy in ruling their new kingdom.  Well done and thank you for taking them in even though you weren't quite ready.

Can't wait to see piccies xx

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,26287.0.html

Playing on the bridge - Sooty, Misty, Tim, Tom, Ebony and Pepsi - I miss you all and think of you often

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2009, 18:56:22 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs, PeaPod: glad you found us and decided to join in  ;D

Thnak goodness you were there for Pea and Pod (great names, by the way).
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline hOrZa

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2009, 18:55:15 PM »
:welcome:
Cats are like little bundles of razor blades wrapped in soft fur.

Offline PeaPod

• Kitten
The story of our new arrivals - Pea and Pod!
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2009, 18:52:19 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D

Hello everyone! My name's Mim, and I live with my partner Meghann, one crazy dog called Cam, and our new additions, lovely little kittens called Pea and Pod!  :Luv2:

I grew up always surrounded by plenty of cats, and have always wanted some of my own, but we were planning to wait until we'd finished doing up our house, which we recently bought and is half-way through being decorated! But the best laid plans, as they say...
A few weeks ago, we ran into our old neighbour who told us her cat had had a litter of kittens, and she'd given away most of them, as all but two of them were a silver colour that her friends liked. But two of them, a little ginger tom and a very small black female, no-one had wanted and she said she was going to "get rid" of them :Crazy: :censored:

Well that was that - we could hardly leave them there to be killed, and we knew we had a loving home waiting for them - it just hadn't been properly painted yet!

As I mentioned, we already had a dog, who's pretty boisterous, so we gave them a room to themselves with a gate in the doorway so they and Cam could sniff each other, and slowly let them get closer once they were all comfortable. They're now the best of friends, and have been known to sleep in a great heap! The cats are allowed on chairs and beds that the dog isn't, so they sit on their high perch and bat at her ears and tail, teasing her. It's so funny to watch - the poor dog looks so mournful!

When Pea and Pod arrived, they weren't very healthy at all, and were covered in fleas, but a vet trip soon fixed them up, and now they're all vaccinated, etc.
The lady had been feeding them on nothing but condensed milk!!  :shocked: so once we got them onto a better diet, they soon looked much healthier, and now they have beautiful soft, glossy hair.

We love them to bits, and they've totally changed the feel of our house - it's so much more of a home with two tiny regal fluffballs ruling the roost!

Well, sorry my story was such a long one. Don't worry - I'll be putting plenty of pictures up, as soon as I manage to upload any!

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all, and having someone to put up with my hundreds of pictures of my lovely furballs!  :thanks:

Link to CatChat