Author Topic: blinky eye.....  (Read 3444 times)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: blinky eye.....
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2009, 19:26:22 PM »
Im glad she is getting better  ;D

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2009, 18:36:23 PM »
 :Luv: Hope that Bear is soon well again xx
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline nicchick

• Adult Cat
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2009, 18:32:57 PM »
Bear had lots of tests today, and is sporting a rather fetching shaved neck and leg! Left her for the morning, and she was less than impressed when I picked her up.

She is quite lively now, but still sneezy and snotty, but back to her usual large appetite!

Vet has ruled out aids and lukemia, but will have to wait for all the other tests - should be thurs hopefully.

Enjoy the pics of her fur cut!  :wow:

nikkiX

Offline nicchick

• Adult Cat
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2009, 21:31:31 PM »
Well she was worrying me quite a bit but she has been eating and drinking today  ;D ;D Yay! We have been out for a bit and jsut got back and for the first time in a week she was shouting at me for dinner  :Luv:

Ah, noisy bossy moany Bear is slowly getting back to herself lol. Still a bit sneezy snotty and slightly sore eyes, but she is hopefully on the mend. She has an appt at the vets tommorrow morning to have a swab/test to see if we can find out what it is.

Big cat simba is sneezing, but a very happy chap at the mo, so hopefully its either coincidence (doubt it) or he will fight it off better......

NikkiX

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2009, 09:28:06 AM »
Just seen other thread.  Hope they are both better soon  :hug: :hug:

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2009, 09:25:37 AM »
How is she?  :hug:

Offline nicchick

• Adult Cat
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2009, 19:49:36 PM »
Ha she is a squirmer! The vet gave me a lesson on how two people can easily put eye drops in, trouble is a) the vet is well practised and b) kookie is scared so not her usual squirmy self! She is a stubborn little cat when it comes to being prodded/poked/squirted at!

She is still looking poorly tonight and I am now getting really concerned as she has been proper poorly for a week now. Will take her back to vets tommorrow am  :scared:

She doesnt seem to be responding to anything drugwise. The only thing she responded to was painkiller jab, which she didnt get last visit - I might see if she can ahve it tommorrow. Whilst I know it doesnt help her physically its upsetting to see her feeling so rough.

She def is fluey - runny nose (clear) sore eyes and basically not doing anything  :'( she is however, still eating!

nikki

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2009, 19:22:58 PM »
How are you getting on with the tube of bogeys eye ointment? Chlaymdia is easily treated, shes sounds more fluey to me tho  :hug:

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2009, 19:26:08 PM »
We've noticed a lot of cats that have jabs are getting flu like symptoms. Oddly, its been the groups own cats (that is not the foster cats) and about 5 or 6 of us have been talking about it.....

It even seems to affect the vaccinated cats more than the unvaccinated - oh well, hopefully she will be feeling more herself for the weekend.

Offline nicchick

• Adult Cat
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2009, 18:40:36 PM »
Hmm, been back at the vets today  :scared: She seems a little better, but still sneezing lots and has sticky eyes, and is basically being quiet and not really playing (she is a bit, but nothing compared to her usual!) She is at least eating and drinking, but tbh I dont think anything would stop her eating!

Vet rekons that it is related to her eye infection she had 6 weeks ago, and thinks its an upper respiratory virus that is giving secondary bacterial infections (something like that) If she isnt better on saturday then they want to see her again. If she is better, they still want to see her to check next week....... The vet did mention it could be clamidia - dont know anything about this will google it in a sec. She has been given some strong eye drops (well, more like glue!) and some differnet antibiotics.

Not going to get too stressed as vets do seem to mention lots of serious sounding viruses and it could really be anything as they havent tested.

nikki

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2009, 02:24:27 AM »
Positive vibes for the meds to kick in soon~~~~best of luck!  :hug:

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2009, 18:48:11 PM »
She will be feeling better when her temp comes down, fingers crossed she fights it off soon

Offline nicchick

• Adult Cat
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2009, 18:00:05 PM »
Bear saw the vet today and apparently has a temperature and vet thinks its a virus. He gave her metacam (anti i / painkiller) and antibiotic just in case its not viral. If she isnt better on weds then he wants to see her again.............

nikkiX

Offline nicchick

• Adult Cat
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2009, 20:32:20 PM »
She has just trotted down the stairs (sneezing her socks off mind) and munched a few biccies. So, that is good.

She can be a dramer queen at times - will keep an eye on her.

nikkiX

Offline nicchick

• Adult Cat
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2009, 20:25:01 PM »
Okay well I think I will leave it an hour - she has settled down (curled up on the bed), and when me and fella where looking at her she opened her eyes a teeny bit and started purring (she is a loud purrer) so......... I will keep a very close eye on her. We rekon her eyes are a little puffy underneath (if cats had eye bags there!)

About to get KFC for dinner as cant be bothered to cook - this will be a good indication as she usually screams the house down for chicken!

She is insured so no worries about calling the vet out in the middle of the night if we need to  ;)

nikkix

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2009, 20:10:07 PM »
Id definately ring them and have a chat, its not an over reaction to seek advice. Does she feel hot?
Vaccination doesnt mean they cant get ill but if they do its normally less severe

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2009, 20:04:58 PM »
Good idea to phone out of hours vet.  I don't think that would be an overreaction at all  :hug:

Also don;t think vaccination is 100% protection

Offline nicchick

• Adult Cat
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2009, 20:03:53 PM »
Cant be flu though because she is vaccinated?

nikkiX

Offline nicchick

• Adult Cat
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2009, 20:01:03 PM »
I havent tried to feed her since this afternoon. But I am worried. She wont open her eyes, well, very briefly and a tiny bit. She also looks like she is pretty congested - she has her mouth open a little, and every so often she puts her hose in the air almost like to take a deep breath, but then it might be sneezes? Her breathing seems a little eratic as in little breaths and bigger breaths..... I am worried because she has got much worse since lunchtime today..........

Might call the vets? Not sure if I am over reacting?

nikkix

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2009, 19:54:52 PM »
It sounds like she has flu, is she still eating? Do keep a close eye on her, they often go off their food with a raised temperature. You can phone the ooh vets for advice for free  ;D

Offline nicchick

• Adult Cat
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2009, 19:47:58 PM »
Well I gave her eye a couple of cleans today, but the poor little love is feeling very poorly. I dont think its conjunctivitus........ She is sneezing her socks off and is basically sleeping and doing nothing else. Normally she is a noisy and demanding little puss cat! Her third eyelids arent opening fully either when she does open her eyes? She is still very blinky with her eye.

Will call vets first thing tommorrow............Wish they invented a type of cat paracetemol! It would certainly make her feel a little better  :(

nikkiX

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2009, 12:56:34 PM »
Salt is a good solution if there may be a chance for infection but I would also go with the steralised warm water (cooled boiled water) too...

Good luck at the vets tomorrow!  :hug:

Offline CC & The Pussycat Guys & Dolls

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2009, 12:46:45 PM »
Just plain luke warm boiled water I would use, I wouldn't put any salt in it.

I think conjunctivitis is something that can return easily  :shy:
Just because your out of sight, does not mean your out of mind <3

Offline nicchick

• Adult Cat
blinky eye.....
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2009, 12:39:11 PM »
Yesterday one of my cats started sneezing, and this morning she is also blinking a lot with her right eye. Obviously she needs a trip to the vets on monday as she is also very quiet, but is there anything I can do to make her more comfortable in the mean time? I was going to give here eye a clean with some very weak sea salt solution (1/4 tsp of sea salt to one mug of boiling water left to cool) is this okay and will it actaully help?

Whats annoying is she had conjunctivitus only 5.5 weeks ago (it all cleared up) but the eye drops only last a month - typical!

The eye isnt gunky or red, but is a little wet and her third eyelid isn't opening completely. So - is the soak a good idea?

thanks, nikki

Link to CatChat