Author Topic: missing cat Moorside / Sholver, Oldham, Greater Manchester  (Read 11855 times)

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
Re: missing cat Moorside / Sholver, Oldham, Greater Manchester
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2013, 21:17:54 PM »
Hi Kaye, not sure if you got my pm being a new member. I would like to offer a home to this little guy  :)
you can email me : ddand boy @ yahoo.co.uk or post here .
I live in London and happy to travel to get him or we can ask from Purrs people to help with transport, i can provide vet ref.
Thanks
Pav :hug:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2013, 21:33:20 PM »
Hi Kaye, sent you a pm with my e.mail address regarding this little guy.
 :hug:
Pav

Offline Kaye1983

• Kitten
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2013, 19:59:29 PM »
Nope, not managed to get him in anywhere. I tried the two closest to home yesteraday morning but they are full and the 3rd one were not answering the phone. I've not seen him since yesterday morning. There is about 2 inches of snow in my garden and can tell he hasnt been back while I've been out today.
Kaye

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2013, 19:42:53 PM »
Hi Kaye,just wondering if you managed to get a place in a rescue/cattery for this little boy?

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2013, 20:50:03 PM »
Hi Kaye, thank you for looking out for him poor little boy.
I hope his owners can be found, shame he is not microchiped. last year i took a stray to my local rescue he was hanging around for a while and was a full tom :-: He was microchiped and they managed to find the owner who said he has moved couple of times in last 2 years and Simba the cat was missing for over a year! The rescue called me and said good news the owner is coming to get him but he doesnt want him spayed :shocked: Well he never turned up and the rescue had him spayed and rehomed him.
He looks so much like my Mister :Luv2: If i were closer i would have offered to foster him till a home was found.
Please keep us updated. :hug:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2013, 22:55:41 PM »
That's a shame he isn't chipped  :shy: I've made his own 'found' post in case somebody is actively looking for him, not 100% sure if I got the area right so let me know if it needs changing - I picked the closest town to the road where you said he was found! http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,42602.0.html

If he is the missing cat that you saw the leaflet for 6 months ago it's worth asking local rescues to check their lost/found register (as well as putting him on their waiting list to come in) - http://www.catchat.org/adoption/lancs.html

Fingers crossed his owners can be found, he's lucky that you're looking out for him  :hug:

Offline Kaye1983

• Kitten
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2013, 17:43:46 PM »
Ive taken the cat to the vets today but they said he doesnt have a microchip and he's a boy. Ive put an advert in the oldham chronicle for tomorrow night. I'm ringing round tom morning to get him in a cattery. He needs his fur detangling. He would make such a great pet for somebody. I would have him if I didnt already have such a diva of a cat already.

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2013, 16:50:29 PM »
Hello Kaye and   :welcome:  to Purrs

Thank you so much for caring for this little visitor of yours

:hug:
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2013, 20:38:47 PM »
Have you got somewhere outside that the cat can hide to keep warm?

Even a cardboard box lined with plastic carriers and a blanket in would be better than her out with no shelter. If you have a hot water bottle to hide under the blanket that would help too, not boiling water though.

Offline Kaye1983

• Kitten
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2013, 20:32:14 PM »
Hi,
I havent had the cat scanned just yet but I have a day off tomorrow and I'm going to see if I can tempt it into my cat carrier. It isnt technically contained but it has been sat outside meowing since I fed it a couple of hours ago and comes in when I let the door open. I feel awful putting it back outside but my girl cat doesnt like it and they keep hissing at each other.

Thanks for your advice
I do recall having a flyer through about  6 months ago about a missing cat that fits this description but I no longer have it :-(
Kaye

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2013, 20:19:20 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs Kaye

Yor visitor is lucky that you are looking out for him/her  :)  :hug:

Victoria said her cat is microchipped, have you been able to get your visitor scanned? Any vet will do this free of charge and some rescues may come out to check if you have the cat contained.

There's also some other hints and tips to try here: http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,31636.0.html

I will send Victoria a message to let her know that you have posted as it doesn't look like she has logged back on since the day after she posted.

Offline Kaye1983

• Kitten
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2013, 20:04:09 PM »
I know this post is from 2009 and its now 2013 but I have found a long haired black and white cat today in the bullcoat lane area. It looks like it has been living outside for sometime. Did you find your cat? I'm going to put it in the oldham chron asap. I have taken photos to help.
Kaye

Offline miriambuddy

• Senior Cat
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2009, 09:26:10 AM »
Hope Little Elsie comes home soon

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2009, 13:35:14 PM »
Sending positive vibes for you babes safe return~~~~~Best of Luck!  :hug:

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2009, 08:27:10 AM »
Victoria - could you ring Pennine Pen on 0161 621 0819 in case they have had a lost cat reported to them, and also ask if they have the Oldham RSPCA no, and if they know any other rescues that cover that part of Oldham.
Please spay your cat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2009, 18:03:17 PM »
Thanks Christine I had a feeling it was in that region  ;D

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
Re: missing cat
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2009, 17:56:39 PM »
Where is the area you are talking about and I will add it into the title?

Oldham, Greater Manchester - Desley's way, Gill.  I've enhanced the thread title.
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2009, 17:45:16 PM »
Where is the area you are talking about and I will add it into the title?

Follow Sams tips and that will help and do hope theat Little Elsie comes home soon  :hug:

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2009, 17:29:53 PM »
Hi Victoria, sorry to welcome you to Purrs in such sad circumstances, have you seen Sam's list of tips for when a cat goes missing:

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,305.0.html

I hope you hear some good news very soon xx

If you haven't already you could also post on Catchat and a photo can be helpful too if you have one  :hug:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline victoria fisher

• Kitten
missing cat Moorside / Sholver, Oldham, Greater Manchester
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 17:21:31 PM »
We have lost our beautiful black and white long haired cat from the Moorside/Sholver area on Monday the 24th August 2009. Was last seen in the morning and not been seen since. She is 3 years old and answers to "Little Elsie". She is microchip and a REWARD is given for her safe return. Please can anyone in this area please check all your out buildings ie sheds and garages and look under things as she might be scared. Any information will be gratefully received if you have any information about her whereabouts or any sightings within the last week. All her family are really worried about her. Please contact me on this site if you have any information and i will contact you right back. Please pass this to all your friends you know are in this area.  Many Thanks
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 17:55:53 PM by Christine (Blip) »

Link to CatChat