Author Topic: Brown tabby with white lost in Guildford, GU2  (Read 7193 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Brown tabby with white lost in Guildford, GU2
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2009, 07:47:57 AM »
Hope that you hear some good news soon Paola  :hug:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2009, 17:11:20 PM »
Sorry you've had no joy so far  :hug:

Don't give up hope  :hug:

Not sure if you've seen this, but here's the link to lost and found CP Woking so you know she's on there xx

http://woking.cats.org.uk/index.asp?m=gallery&id=1

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline miriambuddy

• Senior Cat
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2009, 19:18:21 PM »
My life went completely on hold when mine was missing except for work and food shopping, I was petrifed I would miss a call. Even when I got a call when I was a work, my boss would drive me round to the caller to check it out, I was very lucky that my work team were so supportive

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2009, 17:46:56 PM »
Yes I think you would be wise to stay around and keep everyone looking....lots of luck and hope you find Squeaky soon  :hug: :hug:

Offline paola

• Kitten
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2009, 17:29:05 PM »
Still nothing... We've widened the area where we posted leaflets, and the area of the night walks calling Squeaky. Nothing. Only two calls that looked very promising since they were two houses next to each other - but it was just a similar cat. At least people are looking... Oh, and a cat answering our calls and running towards us at 2am last night, just in the same voice as Squeaky - but again it was just another friendly cat.
We were planning to go on vacation, but I can't think of doing it now, in case she comes back or somebody sees her, we need to be here.
I'm kind of hoping that maybe somebody will come back from their holidays after today, and find her...

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2009, 23:08:16 PM »
Topping the vibes up for your babe to return and for you to be positive.... believe me having been through this myself as have lots on here, we all know the feelings you are experiencing at the moment! Chin up! Never stop looking, or hoping as one day Im sure you will have answers!  ;) :Luv: :hug:

Offline miriambuddy

• Senior Cat
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2009, 13:12:48 PM »
Don't give up hope, it took me 58 days to find my little one. I know it is incredibily painful and the house is so empty without them but remember they will be missing you just as much. I  ended up doing about 500 colour photo leaflets, 30 posters on lamposts, local shops, post office, etc. Have you tried animal search UK?, with them you get a free phone number 24/7 and they field your calls (free off your insurance), they laminate the posters and provide cable ties, holders to put the leaflets in in shops, etc. Try to search 'out of hours' as they are more likely to be walking about rather than when there are lots of people and cars around.I lost count how many 'cat patrols' I went on, anything from 4.00am to midnight (with a friend for safety). Stop people in the street, give them a leaflet, an entire neighbourhood got to know to me and my little one wasn't lost in his own neighbourhood but the vet's neighbourhood.  You can e-mail Squeaky photo to places like the council (some vet's) etc so they have an easy record
I know how painful it is to come back from searching empty handed but please don't lose faith, Squeaky is out there somewhere. Cat's are natural survivors. Find out who else owns cats as Squeaky might follow a cat in the search for food, mine did! and luckily to a lovely family who amazingly held on to my leaflet for 7 weeks and we eventually 'caught' him after laying a trap in their back garden (on loan from Cat's protection) on the eight day of the trap being there. This house was about a mile away from where he originally went missing.
hold in there :hug: :hug:

Offline alison10

• Adult Cat
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2009, 12:09:26 PM »
I hope she comes home soon.
Loving mum to Cassie, Ernie, LB, Trio and Harry

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2009, 11:01:23 AM »
Hello Paola and   :welcome:  to Purrs

I know that it may sound obvious but leave some food by the door and/or in the garden.

Hope your Squeaky returns home soon.

Come home soon Squeaky - your mum misses you.

:where:
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2009, 09:53:43 AM »
Hi Paola,

Please don't give up on Squeaky  :hug:

With regards to your questions.

1.  If Squeaky is taken to a vets / resuce she should be scanned yes.

2.  Please definitely add her to reportlostpets.co.uk/  .... they were not on my list as I hadn't come across this site before (I have added them now).  The list isn't a "recommended" list as such just some of the sites that I found and noted down.

3.  I would do your next leaflet / poster drop about a week after the first drop.  With regards to knocking on doors I would do that straight away ... at least knock on your neighbours doors for 10 houses either side of your house in all directions as that is usually about the average size of a cats territory ... so if she has got shut in a shed/garage it is likely to be within that area (of course this is only a guide).

4.  Never assume that because you have called everywhere and listed her as lost that these places will actually check their lists ..... when my boy went missing I followed up every week with everyone "just in case".

Hope this helps

Sam xxx

In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline paola

• Kitten
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2009, 09:27:24 AM »
Still nothing... I know it's early but I'm starting to lose hope. I keep thinking of her being trapped somewhere, hungry and thirsty and scared...
A few questions: I called the local vets to register her as lost; I see the advice to widen the area, but Squeaky is microchipped, can I assume that any cat that is taken to a vet will be scanned???
Also, is it worth it using ReportLostPets.co.uk? I don't see in the list of recommended sites, and I was wondering why.
After how long after the first round of leaflets it makes sense to send out more, or knock on people's doors?
Do I need to keep calling vets and rescue centres and environmental health dpt, or can I assume that since I already contacted them I don't need to do that any more?

Thanks again for all your support... It's nice to talk to people who understand how you feel.

Offline clarenmax

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2009, 08:41:18 AM »
OK have cross posted to my guys at Woking this morning, just in case xx

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2009, 22:32:27 PM »
ITs the holiday season so knocking on doors and asking peeps to check sheds and garages  is a good idea.

Squeaky ods gotrgeous and hope she somes home soon  :hug:

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2009, 22:09:50 PM »
Keeping everything crossed that Sqeaky will be back home soon  :hug:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2009, 21:13:47 PM »
Sorry to hear your furbabe is missing, sending positive vibes for her safe return home~~~~best of luck... Keep up the good work!  :Luv: :hug:

Offline paola

• Kitten
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2009, 20:30:36 PM »
Thanks to all of you for your support, it really helps.
I'm looking at all the suggestions on the list, and I'm following the advice; I'm posting leaflets and putting posters everywhere, advertised on a lot of website, but until now only one kind soul that called but unfortunately it was a very similar cat but not Squeaky. I was kind of hoping to find her quickly; just a few months ago I received the same type of leaflet, from a neighbour I had never met, and whose cat had been missing for days, and I immediately found their cat in my basement, curled in a hidden corner. I was hoping to have the same luck, but nothing yet...
I haven't contacted Cat Protection in Woking (Clare, yes it would help if you could pass them the details or let me know how I can do that); I tried the Godalming/Guildford number, and got voice mail and the lady hasn't got back to me. I'll try again tomorrow.

And now off for a walk in the neighbourhood looking for Squeaky....

Offline clarenmax

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2009, 20:08:13 PM »
Hiya hunnie, have you contacted the guys at Woking Cats Protection?  If not, I can cross post info to them in the morning if that would help? xx

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2009, 19:24:05 PM »
I am sorry to welcome you to Purrs at such a worrying time, Paola, but do check out those tips, which have helped so many people find their lost puddies  :hug:.
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2009, 16:44:55 PM »
Hi Paola and welcome to Purrs, sorry to hear Squeaky is missing

Sam's tips are very good and have helped many people find their lost cats this is the link:

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,305.0.html

I hope you hear some positive news soon  :hug:

« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 17:00:52 PM by Janeyk »
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline paola

• Kitten
Brown tabby with white lost in Guildford, GU2
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009, 16:39:04 PM »
My Squeaky has been missing from Ludlow Road in Guildford since the evening of August 24th; for the more than 10 years she's been with us, she was never away for more than a couple of hours, and we're worried sick.
She's a brown tabby, with medium/long hair and a fluffy tail with a black streak, a white bib and four white socks. She's very shy and she's afraid of people she doesn't know. If she's comfortable, she gets quite talkative (hence her name).
If you have news please call 01483 536679 or 07952 912590. There is a reward for her safe return.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 12:15:29 PM by paola »

Link to CatChat