Author Topic: Just counting to 1000  (Read 1799 times)

Offline ronandcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
    • LostCatsBrighton
Re: Just counting to 1000
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2007, 19:45:05 PM »
 Hi Teresa i had a lady who had a cat off me, she seemed very nice when i first met her, the flat was quite nice and i thought it was OK to let her have a indoor cat, Then in the evenings she started ringing me saying the cat had a bad leg and was walking funny. I went around the next day nothing wrong with puss, Then a evening later phone call again, cats not eating, or its being sick and hiding away, then next night and and so on, I went around to see her without telling her i was coming and there she was sitting on the couch drunk with a bottle of vodka by her side (Puss OK) I told her i was tacking the cat as i thought she was not fit to keep it and walked out with it, The next evening the phone went and she was full of apologies and then told me her husband had left her and she needed the poor cat as she was lonely, i told she could have a cat when she could prove to me she had stopped drinking and that i had informed all the cat charities of her address and that they would not let her have a cat, she she was  Quit nice about it but i have never heard from her since. it is a illness i have just lost a nephew over christmas who was a alcoholic you cant help feeling sad for them, i hope it all works out OK for you.

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2007, 19:31:27 PM »
Think she must be out cold now,no calls since 7pm, hope she`s forgotten about cats when you comes round

Offline Ellie

• Super Cat
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2007, 19:08:24 PM »
Tell her you've not got any cats ready for re homing and give her the number for the RSPCA!!!!!!  :rofl:

Theyre so incompetent though theyd probably let her have one  :doh:

That is so true Dawn it's scary  :Crazy: :Crazy:

Has she stopped calling Teresa?

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2007, 18:49:48 PM »
Poor you T, hope she gives up soon.
Please spay your cat

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Wizzles
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2007, 18:37:12 PM »
Tell her you've not got any cats ready for re homing and give her the number for the RSPCA!!!!!!  :rofl:

Theyre so incompetent though theyd probably let her have one  :doh:
Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Kitty Von Bizmark (Wizzles) ^Lucas^(??/97 - 21/11/07)
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2007, 17:42:09 PM »
Just wondering how long it takes for someone to pass out, I cant ignore the phone in case its an emergency.
Wish I`d thought of RSPCA though Smudgey

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2007, 17:39:51 PM »
1001, 1002 ........are you still awake  :shify: :shify:

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2007, 17:34:57 PM »
As we always say at work: 'If all else fails, fall back on the truth'.

But I shouldn't make light of it - this is the sort of upset anyone can do without.  :hug:  Hope she stops soon and has forgotten in the morning.

I've seen a friend fall victim to alcoholism and it's such a dreadful thing: his fine mind is seemingly ruined. Very sad.
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Smudgey

• Distinguished Cat
  • This is my bridge furbabe Smudge
  • Slave to: Abby Zak and Smudge
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2007, 17:34:11 PM »

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
Just counting to 1000
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2007, 17:25:16 PM »
If one more idiot rings me grr, I am normally a very placid person and take everything in my stride but today I have been plagued with phone calls from an alcoholic wanting to give Wisp a home. Having politely failed to put this person off I decided on 5th long phone call to tell her the truth which was that I took a badly injured kitten off her 4 years ago while she was in a drunken stupor,(she had fallen on the kitten and broken her leg) and that I did not feel she was a fit person to care for any animal.
Big mistake she keeps ringing me back and she must be 100percent proof now,suppose she will pass out eventually.
Rant over
What excuse would others have given?

Link to CatChat