Author Topic: cat routine?  (Read 1322 times)

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
Re: cat routine?
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2009, 20:29:49 PM »
The only way we can get any sleep is to have a mad half hour play time before bed - Da Bird normally does the trick.

TBH if they have been out in the run they always come in knackered so sleep quite well, we cant shut them out of anywhere because all 4 Bengals know how to open doors and the 2 moggies just sit and wait for the doors to be opened for them.
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2009, 18:44:36 PM »
Oh yes love to have them youthful but not at 0400 in the morning LOL

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2009, 18:42:46 PM »
You would think at 16 years old they would be more dignified!

You obviously have never met my Gran!  :innocent: :evillaugh: :hug:

I do find it funny to see the oldies "going for it", its nice to see some youthfulness pop back from time to time!  :Luv2: :hug:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2009, 18:33:38 PM »
One of my birmans has been sharing my pillow now for about a year and now the other wants to do it too......sigh

They also thunder round the bedroom chasing each other and one shouts at the top of his voice for no apparent reason, the other hides under and behind things so he can pounce on his bro.

You would think at 16 years old they would be more dignified!

The other two spend all night out hunting  and then sleep all day!

Offline louise_81

• Adult Cat
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2009, 15:42:51 PM »
glad to see I have 'normal ' cats then!!

Offline LilyandGary

• Senior Cat
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2009, 15:25:34 PM »
Your girls sound normal to me!

My little Gary (5 mnths) loves to play with Willow (3 mnths) , a foster kitten, especially at night. This is usually doing laps of the house, thundering up and down the stairs like elephants at 4 am! Then they play "kill" each other, and Lily goes to sort those two boys out, so it goes on!

I shut Willow downstairs, away from Gary to keep the calm. If Gary and Lily start, then they get shut out of the bedroom. That is reserved for oldies Freddie and Colin who need their beauty sleep and can be relied on to behave.

I have to get up early due to work, chickens wanting to get up, numerous reasons. Willow and Gary can play all they like after 6am!

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2009, 14:37:00 PM »
I have 4 cats that spend overnight in my living room, not cos they are noisy but I know with me not there to watch them overnight they would be picked on by my others!  :shify:

I also have a pine bed frame so they dont do their "Whackey Races" type running around the material on a bed!  :tired:

I have a noisy night in my house, but then I dont sleep the best so am not really affected by it....  :Luv: :hug:

Sometimes if you really want something to happen, then you have to make changes to take place!  ;) :hug: :hug:

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2009, 14:14:25 PM »
every time you let them into the bedroom you are rewarding bad behaviour, especially if you have first shut them in the living room, and then let them out

it doesn't take them long to learn that if they set up a lot of wailing and do a lot of scratching you will give in :sneaky:

so you mustn't - they'll learn soon enough that you won't open the door however much fuss they make - sure you will have to put up with the fuss for a night or two, but surely that is better than a lifetime of disturbance in the bedroom
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline louise_81

• Adult Cat
cat routine?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2009, 13:15:26 PM »
I am wondering if you guys have a routine with your cats.

We have allowed the girl run of the house now that their collars are off from their spay.

Over the past couple of nights they seem to think that us going to bed = play time. We have been on holiday and have been going to bed at 2 in the morning, lights go out and they start play fighting. I was woken up this morning with Ava in the gap between the bed (its one of those with the spare bed underneath) and Evie scraping around the bed trying to figure out how to get in to her. Then there was a lot of noisy clawing up and down the mattress underneath, as the chased each other.

I have tried to lock them in the living room, but Ava cries cos she wants to be in bed with me, then they start playing on the bed, and up and down the stairs. I have tried seperating them, they both cry.

Ended up this morning settling at 6 on my bed, having kept me up half the night.

I go back to work tomorrow, so don't really want to be kept up all night

Link to CatChat