Author Topic: Can anyone help?  (Read 2971 times)

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
Re: Can anyone help?
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2007, 10:22:15 AM »
Got me fingers crossed for this little fella, Teresa.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2007, 23:53:31 PM »
Keeping everything crossed for him, at least he has got you looking out for him now.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2007, 12:38:46 PM »
Fingers crossed for the little one.

Turns out he has been missing for 18 months and lived over the other side of a busy A road.

That is exactly one of the reasons why we recommend that people don't just assume a cat is a stray and feed it without doing everything possible to try to see if it has a very worried owner.  You certainly did the right thing in this case.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2007, 09:51:27 AM »
Aww, fingers crossed for both of them.
Poor you!!!
Please spay your cat

Offline TeresaM

• Adult Cat
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2007, 22:28:08 PM »
Celia phoned earlier and it might not be good news. There is something in his ear that may be a tumour so they were going to take it out tonight and run some tests and she will let me know when they come back. Fingers crossed it is good news.

About a week ago Tabs brought another cat home with him. A gorgeous neutered male. Anyway he too has visited me daily since and I noticed he had a large lump on his tummy. So when they collected Tabs I got them to look. As I didn't know who owned him it was decided it was best to take him in and scan him and I would put signs up to say where he was. Turns out he has been missing for 18 months and lived over the other side of a busy A road. Complicated though. Original owner gave consent for them to operate as he has an hernia, but I am now trying to trace who ever has been looking after him all this time.

And yes I am still on the sofa!!!  I do go into bed on the odd occasion but Ollie gets lonely!

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2007, 18:33:35 PM »
Now I know who you are, I would agree that it isn't worth trying to introduce - it was Ollie's name that made me wonder if it was the same person - how bad is that, your name didn't ring too many bells, yet Ollies' did!! Do you get to sleep in bed yet, or are you still on the sofa?? I would take Ela's advice, and try and get him on as many rescue's books as possible - you could also see if they have a CC page, and if so, ask if they will advertise him for you, we do that when we can't take adults in, and have homed 2 straight from peoples homes this week, so it does work. Good luck!!
Please spay your cat

Offline TeresaM

• Adult Cat
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2007, 16:50:37 PM »
Yes Delsey, we used to talk about Ollie and Ginger as they were similar in refusing to come in at night!!

I have already read all the advice on Wizz's site, however my vets advice is not to introduce another cat right now as the likely outcome is Ollie will refuse to come home. I can't take that risk, also if I am honest I doubt very much my OH would want me to take in another whilst still trying to sort out the problems with |Max and Ollie

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2007, 13:08:12 PM »
I will do my best for him.

I am sure you will and indeed you have, however, it would be nice to think he had a warm fireside to sit beside if he so wished.
We home dozens of cats a year to people who already have a cat and usually if introduced sensibly it works out. Perhaps you will care to read http://wizz-catz.co.uk/introducing.html

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2007, 13:06:13 PM »
ARe you an ex CC member Teresa?
Please spay your cat

Offline TeresaM

• Adult Cat
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2007, 12:41:14 PM »
Has obviously been someones pet but no one round here knows him and no one has reported him lost I checked. I live in East London. I doubt very much if my other cat Ollie .. who I took in as a stray .. will ever take to him. She won't even come home if he is in the front garden! Yes they will deflea and deworm him, everything for £25. I will look at putting him on the rehoming page on catchat once I can get a photo. But either way he will be ok because I will do my best for him.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2007, 12:32:35 PM »
Teresa, you might find that now Tabs has been neutered, he will get on better with your existing cats,

I agree possible within a few weeks he will be a different cat. Are the rescue also going to flea and worm him?

What I would do is contact rescues now and ask them to put the cat on their list of cats waiting to come in, then if it works out maybe you can keep him, that is if you want to of course, but if not he will be moving nicely up the list.

I would ask anyone who is feeding a stray or what they think is a stray to read the lost/found page on my site, address below.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2007, 12:32:54 PM by Ela »

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2007, 12:26:20 PM »
Teresa, you might find that now Tabs has been neutered, he will get on better with your existing cats, I Would certainly give it a go first. If you let us know what area you are in (I am assuming London way with using Celia Hammond), then someone might be able to help. You could also ask at vets in your area, as they often know of people who have recently lost pets and looking for another. Good luck.
Please spay your cat

Offline TeresaM

• Adult Cat
Can anyone help?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2007, 12:21:12 PM »
I have been feeding a gorgeous tom cat for about two years. It took a long time for him to trust me but once he did he turned out to be a really affectionate boy. Being a tom he would often disappear for long periods of time but return when he was hungry. Attempts to trap him failed and Tabs carried on defending his territory by beating up all the other poor neighbourhood cats. Recently he returned with a badly injured ear, again attempts to catch him failed, and then today for the first time ever he actually allowed himself to be tempted into the house. So I got straight on the phone to Celia Hammond who came and collected him. He will be neutered and microchipped and his ear seen to then because they have over 300 cats and kittens in at the moment he will be returned to me. He does have an outside cat kennel and will be fed but I can't bring him in to live. He doesn't like my dog and one of my cats don't like him. The two cats I already have are not that keen on each other. So is there anyone who can help; me find this lovely boy a good home once he is fully on the mend?

Link to CatChat