Author Topic: NW London - SO, so sad...  (Read 2560 times)

Offline miriambuddy

• Senior Cat
Re: NW London - SO, so sad...
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2009, 11:46:27 AM »
do you have access to a garden at the rented property? I'm a renter and technically I'm also not allowed pets but because I have a garden it is overlooked and has been for many years

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2009, 17:07:39 PM »
Hi and welcome to Purrs Yourkey I'm so sorry to hear this,  :( just wondering, have you tried any rescues other than Mayhew?

this is a link to other rescues in your area they may be able to help if need be:

http://www.catchat.org/adoption/londonw.html
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 17:11:37 PM by Janeyk »
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Yourkey

• Kitten
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2009, 12:40:52 PM »
We only have house for 2 years and the owner is HIGHLY allergic to cats, so it's a def no go... I'm hoping to give them away to people we know so we can still see them, and also I know they'll be safe and looked after...

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2009, 22:26:39 PM »
The rented accomodation that doesnt allow cats, have you asked if that can be changed?

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2009, 21:44:05 PM »
Well it was a good home, but not a great home - obviously I want him to go to some one that will look after him as we do... I have spoken to another woman who would like to take both cats, but she already has 4 cats and I wonder if it will be good for them to be around so many others - I imagine Kyle wouldn't stay....

Why wasnt it a great home ....was it major reasons ? (and would she not take both ?)

I'm not sure the home with 4 cats is a good idea either, it would take alot of settling in.

Offline Yourkey

• Kitten
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2009, 20:04:43 PM »
Well it was a good home, but not a great home - obviously I want him to go to some one that will look after him as we do... I have spoken to another woman who would like to take both cats, but she already has 4 cats and I wonder if it will be good for them to be around so many others - I imagine Kyle wouldn't stay....

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2009, 19:40:27 PM »
I have to say I think you would be mad to turn up the chance of a home for Bobby in the hopes of finding another, when time is short too - and kids may tire of Bobby when he is no longer a kitten

good homes are like gold dust at the moment
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline Yourkey

• Kitten
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2009, 19:37:10 PM »
I have done a home check on one local woman who really wants Bobby, but I would really love him to go to a family with children as he is so, SO good with children!

I have an advert in the local vets and will wait to see what comes from that - but neither cats are from a rescue center, so no help there as they are FULL at present...

Offline Yourkey

• Kitten
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2009, 19:34:02 PM »
Hi Christine, Bobby was given to me by a friend who could not find a home for his last kitten, and I took him with every intention of keeping him FOREVER!  Which is why this is so hard... He's a little darling!  And Kyle, well, Kyle is Kyle... And we love him the way he is (snobby, independant, gives love when he feels like it!) - that's just Kyle, but we all love him regardless of his lack of affection!

Offline tortie

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2009, 19:20:22 PM »
i'm sorry you find yourself in this situation, but i agree, a homecheck is a must, and if they are from a rescue the adoption agreement will state to return them if you can no longer keep them, if this isnt a option for you, how long have you got before you move? and are they neutered vaxd ect, if not, would you be willing to donate to any rescue who takes them to help pay for this
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 19:22:49 PM by tortie »
i have as much to learn as i have to teach

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2009, 19:11:44 PM »
I am sorry to welcome you to Purrs under such circumstances, Yourkey. The first thing to say is that you must not allow your cats to be rehomed without a homecheck.  Not everyone will have their interests at heart.

May I ask, did you adopt Bobby from a rescue, as he has only just moved in with you?  If so, that rescue will want him back, I suspect...
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Yourkey

• Kitten
NW London - SO, so sad...
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2009, 19:01:42 PM »
 :(

Hi everyone - I have 2 gorgeous cats that I have to give up... Kyle is a big black 3 year old boy, and Bobby is a gorgeous 13 week old kitten, white with black markings including a black love heart on his back!  I am so, so sad, but we have just sold our house and are moving to rented accommodation that doesn't allow cats...  It has all happened so quickly, and I am distraught...

I have posted adds on Gumtree etc, but am nervous about giving them up without a home inspection - the thing is, loads of these people live miles away and I just can't get there... Does anyone have advice on my next move??  The Mayhew center can't take them as they are fulll..

Thanks in Advance!

Link to CatChat