Author Topic: Great new toy from the Purrs shop - with pics of the boys of course!  (Read 3622 times)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Re: Great new toy from the Purrs shop - with pics of the boys of course!
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2009, 21:49:25 PM »
Really regretting getting this now as it's costing me a fortune in treats, have gone through a bag of dreamies and a tub of Temptations in the 3 days I've had it!  :naughty:

Went in the cat cupboard to get another tub of temptations and found a tub of Felix crisp which I bought ages ago.  They're really light teeny treats with literally thousands in one tub so ideal to put in toys like this.  The boys haven't tried them before so I gave them a few to try and they love them so have just saved myself a fortune  ;D

:Luv:
we need a hire section for toys!!! 

Excellent idea Hannah  :evillaugh:

Offline hannah (weeny)

• Honorary Cat
  • JASPER!!
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2009, 21:25:05 PM »
 :Luv:
we need a hire section for toys!!!  seeing this and the cube pics i feel bad for not spoiling jasper with such things, but i just think he'd ignore them.....  only one way to find out though....  maybe when i can afford for him not to take any interest!  :Luv:

the new stock is fab though tan  ;D

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2009, 20:53:16 PM »
Great photos as always Helen, those 2 kitties are just gorgeous  :Luv: :Luv:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline zoe (tiggy + pipins mum)

• Hero Cat
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2009, 20:47:47 PM »
Im quite tempted by this as patch and sooty love dremies/temptaions actually any dry food or treat  :rofl:

Think it would do them some good too have too work for it  lol

lovely pics helen  :Luv2:

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2009, 20:09:42 PM »
Mark, Vicky Halls is the one who set me on the path of getting one of these. As a behavioural tool it's fantastic for the more lethargic or older cats to keep their minds stimulated as it's meant to help them want to find or work for their food (which is what cats are meant to do on their own). It's also good for weight loss as I put Lexy's food in it rather than treats (she's not allowed any). Since I've been making an effort to make Lexy go find her dry food all over the house, with Slim Cat balls, Malcolm Mouse and now the cat board, together with being sneaky as to where I leave it, she's lost 500g.

I thought Lexy would struggle a bit and then ignore it as she tends to do that, but each time I put something there she's in it like a rocket.... a true sight to behold in this house as Lexy moves only at one pace.. her own..  :evillaugh:  Maybe something Alice might like.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2009, 20:03:07 PM »
I looks great fun and the boys look  :Luv2:

I am tempted but toys go unplayed with here. Willow played with the panic mosue about 3 times. I bought Alice one of those wooden things with the holes with balls inside ( trying to remember who got it for me?) when she first arrived. She used to rub against the corners  :tired: - then when she moved downstairs, I moved it to the basement where it sat ignored for over a year. Then Kylie peed in it a few weeks ago  :tired: - being wood, it wasn't really practical to wash so it went in the dustbin. Other than that, I would be tempted  :evillaugh:

Think it was Leigh who got the peek-a-prize for you? Mine is still played with daily, it's filled chock-a-block with toys of all shapes/descriptions and then I sprinkle in some Whiskas Temptations, they have great fun fishing the treats out. 

This is really sturdy and made from plastic so washable if Willow decides she likes it a bit toooo much! I think without the treats in it would hold little attraction but it's a good way of mentally stimulating them and also good to spread out dry food/treats as they can't gobble them down in seconds.

They're both sat next to it as I type looking pitifully at me as they've fished all the treats out, what a wicked Mummy I am  :naughty:

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2009, 19:46:09 PM »
I looks great fun and the boys look  :Luv2:

I am tempted but toys go unplayed with here. Willow played with the panic mosue about 3 times. I bought Alice one of those wooden things with the holes with balls inside ( trying to remember who got it for me?) when she first arrived. She used to rub against the corners  :tired: - then when she moved downstairs, I moved it to the basement where it sat ignored for over a year. Then Kylie peed in it a few weeks ago  :tired: - being wood, it wasn't really practical to wash so it went in the dustbin. Other than that, I would be tempted  :evillaugh:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2009, 19:42:19 PM »
:Luv2: Wonderful!

Lexy's board arrived today too, and I've just left her to itl Suffice it to say she got royally peeved at the cups and kept trying to get her food out from the outside  :evillaugh: She's snoozing now and it's actually past her dinner time...  :-: :evillaugh:

:see: :pic:  :naughty:

Lu couldn't figure the cups out at first but then he spotted how Riley was fishing the treats out and set to work on the other ones  :naughty:

:rofl: bless him! Lexy hates the cone area, gets right annoyed. Her toes keep getting in the way lol

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2009, 19:35:31 PM »

Lexy's board arrived today too, and I've just left her to itl Suffice it to say she got royally peeved at the cups and kept trying to get her food out from the outside  :evillaugh: She's snoozing now and it's actually past her dinner time...  :-: :evillaugh:

:see: :pic:  :naughty:

Lu couldn't figure the cups out at first but then he spotted how Riley was fishing the treats out and set to work on the other ones  :naughty:

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2009, 19:27:33 PM »

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2009, 18:43:32 PM »
 :thanks: everyone

Wow! That looks cool and the boys look so intent on getting them dreamies!  :Luv2:

They love dreamies but, if it was possible to love something even more, they  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: Whiskas Temptations more so will try it with WT tomorrow :drool;

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2009, 14:37:10 PM »
Wow! That looks cool and the boys look so intent on getting them dreamies!  :Luv2:

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2009, 14:01:15 PM »
Excellent pics, looks like the boys love the new toy  ;D :Luv2:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2009, 13:41:34 PM »
I think Bonnie would sulk if she had to work so hard to get her Dreamies  :evillaugh: :rofl: :Luv2:

Looks like a really good toy.

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2009, 13:00:40 PM »
Great photos  ;D

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2009, 12:58:27 PM »
Cooo hun those pics are stunning as usual  ;D :wow:  How do ya take such great ones!! Mind you the lads help being so gorgeous  ;) :Luv:

Brill pics of the new cat fun board  ;D

They love thier new Purrs toys then  ;D ;D

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
Great new toy from the Purrs shop - with pics of the boys of course!
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2009, 12:49:38 PM »
Tan has added some great new toys to the Purrs shop recently... Decided to treat the boys to the cat activity fun board and it came today  :wow: The boys absolutely love it (well, OK maybe they love the dreamies treats hidden in it more  :evillaugh:) here's a few pics of them using their skill and intellect to get to the treats  ;D

Link to CatChat