Author Topic: Sponsorship Needed For Elderly Persian please - RIP LADY  (Read 12104 times)

Offline SparkleCat

• Senior Cat
Re: Sponsorship Needed For Elderly Persian please - RIP LADY
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2009, 11:31:45 AM »
God Bless your little heart, Lady.  It has broken my heart to read this...  :'( :'( :'(
Thank you for all you did for her at the end.   :hug:

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2009, 09:37:41 AM »
RIP sweetie, play hard on the Bridge, go find our babies to play with, they'll show you around.

I'm so sorry, you did all you could, but darling Lady knew love and warmth with you, and for that she will be eternally grateful  :hug: xx

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2009, 07:59:02 AM »
i am so sorry to hear this, but she was lucky that you picked her up, and she knew love and affection at the end of her life, and was allowed to go with dignity with someone who loved her, her ending could have been so much worse. Sadly, sometimes, this is all we can do for them. I know how hard it is, I lost 3 this year, all terminally ill and picked up off the street, and only had a short while, but hopefully the care we give them in the short time we have them makes up for what they had missed out on previously. RIP little one
Please spay your cat

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2009, 00:26:27 AM »
So sorry to hear this sad news and was hoping that she may have another chance. Thanks for taking care of her and an sure she appreciated a few nice weeks with you  :hug: :hug:

RIP Lady, play hard on the Bridge

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
Re: Sponsorship Needed For Elderly Persian please
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2009, 22:16:20 PM »

Im so sorry Shelly to hear about Lady :( you gave her a chance and she went to the bridge knowing love :Luv:                    RIP Lady safe from harm :hug:
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2009, 18:17:07 PM »
I'm so sorry, Shelly. You tried so hard for Lady and at least she knew love from someone before she went to the Bridge.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Purrrrfect (Shelly)

• Senior Cat
  • R.I.P Pippa, Lady, Sammy, Fudge & Smudge. xxxxx
    • The-Kats-Whiskers
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2009, 13:46:18 PM »
I have just setup a memorial garden for Lady, http://lady-tomlinson.pets.gonetoosoon.org
I can't beleive i have had her for such a short time. It just doesnt seem fair.  :(
Adopt a cat or kitten at...
www.the-kats-whiskers.co.uk/smf-forum 
Request a custom forum siggie, avatar or picture resizes at.. http://siggiestogo.smfforfree3.com
Pets Lost, Found & Stolen UK
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=129703920378095
R.I.P Pippa, Lady, Sammy, Fudge & Smudge. xxxxx

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2009, 13:23:22 PM »
This is such sad news  :'( :'( and i am so sorry .
 :candle:  RIP Lady   - a beautiful little angel fur baby - run free , happy and healthy on the bridge with lots of friends .
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 13:24:10 PM by bunglycat »

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2009, 13:17:45 PM »
poor Lady, I'm really sorry to hear this

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2009, 13:13:36 PM »
 :'( :'( so sad  :hug:

God bless Lady xx
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

• Senior Cat
    • The-Kats-Whiskers
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2009, 13:11:31 PM »
Lady's bloods were taken this morning and we got a call a short while later to say her count was very high and there was only one option left. So Lady went to the bridge at 12:00pm i am utterly heart broken. I insisted on bringing her home to lay her to rest beside my beloved Pippa. She actually sat up in her bed this morning for breakfast and i couldn,t give her any so she has gone with an empty tummy.  :'(  :'( I held her head and kissed her forehead as she slipped away. I told her to find Pippa at the bridge and she will be fat and have no pain.  :(  :'(

I would love to kick ten bells of  :censored: out of the  :censored: who left her in such a state i hope they die a long and agonising death.  >:(  >:(

R.I.P Lady go to the bridge and find Pippa.
I love you so much little girl.  :Luv2:

Request a custom forum siggie, avatar or picture resizes at.. http://siggiestogo.smfforfree3.com

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2009, 08:00:17 AM »
Fingers crosed for today - if the vet feels her teeth are OK, it is likey the CRF making her feel bad, and I would be tempted to put her on ab's rather than put her through a dental, as she is very high risk.
Please spay your cat

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2009, 07:35:41 AM »
awww, isn't she just gorgeous  :Luv: I do hope that the vet can help her  :wish: hopefully the bloods won't show anything serious and if it's her teeth and she can't have anaesthetic then they could give her some antirobe or other abs? trouble is teeth probs can poison their system.  Loads of luck for today  :hug:
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 07:36:13 AM by Janeyk »

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2009, 23:37:43 PM »
Have sent you a pm - i really hope this is just a sore mouth and she can come through it for a bit more time .
Lots of gentle  :hug: :hug: :hug:  for her  and mega healing vibes.

• Senior Cat
    • The-Kats-Whiskers
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2009, 22:39:23 PM »
Lady enjoyed lying in the sun in the car on the way to the vets so i felt that was nice for her. The vet looked in her mouth and could not see anything so thinks her mouth may be sore due to her blood count being up but he said its hard to tell so he wants her in tomorrow morning to take her bloods to see whats going on.

If her bloods are up then her tablets are not working and there is not much else they can do for her and will concider pts as they put it.  :(

If her bloods are ok then they would concider taking her in and having a proper look in her mouth to see if its her teeth, if so a dental may cost around £140 but there is a risk she will pass away while under anaesthetic. So again we have to weigh up the options. But i would like to give her every chance possible at some quality of life before she has to go to the bridge. I know that could be only a matter of months but i want her to be happy. The fee's for the vets today was £26 not including her meds which they will decide wether she should have any more which is another £11.??p tomorrow

Today she has managed 1 or 2 morsels of food, a tiny bit of tuna and 2 teaspoons of soup, (she was looking at me eating it so i tried her with a little and she liked it.)

If she has to go to the bridge tomorrow i want her to know that i love her so very much and i'm so sorry i could not make life better for her.   :'(  :'(  if she needs to go i will let her go.  :'(  :(

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2009, 18:43:12 PM »
How did lady get on at the vets - how much was it and whats the diagnosis ?
I took one in once that was in a terrible condition and she was the same - would wee anywhere , toilet in her bed  etc.
I found out she had been confined to a bathroom and had to sleep in her litter tray too  :'( :'(
I had her for around 8  months , but lost her to FIP . around 9-10 years ago.

• Senior Cat
    • The-Kats-Whiskers
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2009, 11:54:33 AM »
Lady can walk around because she can get up stairs when she wants to and is still drinking. I don't have the money to take her to the vets, but i am taking her because i can't bare to see her so miserable. I don't want her to go with an empty tummy and miserable and i strongly believe that once she has been to the vets and got treatment that she will be right as rain.

I don't know if she was actually a stray before she came to us or if someone couldn't be bothered with her any more and took her in to the vets, or what conditions she was living in but she will wee any where even in her bed and stand in her food so she may have even been confined for many years who knows.

But if she does want to give up and go to the bridge i want her to have a full tummy and be content not miserable. And i want to feel that i did everything i possibly could to make her happy and i am not feeling like that at the moment.  I tragically lost one of my own cats (Pippa) just over a year ago and it still hurts like it was yesterday i couldn't bare it if i lost another one.

Janey... she is not on our main site but there is a small bit about her on my forum.

Bunglycat... thank you very much for your kind offer.

Purrrs & Hugz.

Shelly. xx

PS.. the picture i have uploaded was taken a week after we got her and you can see how she had brightened up and put a little weight on.

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2009, 23:51:03 PM »
I really hope its just her teeth that need sorting out bless her.
I can contribute something towards her ( i don't have a lot of money and i have lots of vet bills myself -but i can''t not do something to help here ) - please don''t let her go to the bridge if its only money .

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2009, 23:21:45 PM »
I agree, maybe it is her teeth and need sorting poor girl, let us know how you get on tomorrow she will get very weak if not eating.  I've looked on your site for Lady - is she not on Shelly?

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2009, 23:19:08 PM »
Shelly, I'm sorry things are bad with Lady. But if she's struggling to get to the litter tray and really off her food, you have to think about why. I can completely understand you wanting her to be happy and she will be in that she has someone who actually cares about her. Hope the vet visit provides some answers, and the competition gains some much needed funds.

• Senior Cat
    • The-Kats-Whiskers
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2009, 21:57:50 PM »
Things are getting bad now, Lady will not eat and can barely stand with her back legs. She just sleeps all day and gets up for water and the litter tray but not always the litter tray. She has an appointment at the vets at 5pm tomorrow for her meds and for a check over to see why she is refusing to eat. Even force feeding her is a battle and realy stresses her out.  We have no money to pay for vet bills because we have just taken in 2 young adult cats and 8wk old kitten and a 16yr old cat. I am in tears because i fear we are going to lose her and i don't want her to go like this, not under fed and misrable. When she goes i want her to go happy.  In a bid to raise money we have setup a competition that a freind has kindly donated 3 prizes for.  But we are struggling to get interest.

Sorry i can't type any more.   :'(

• Senior Cat
    • The-Kats-Whiskers
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2009, 19:12:20 PM »
Lady sounds lovely. I can't commit to a regular amount of money but will try and send a donation as soon as possible. Hopefully someone can offer this lovely old girl sponsorship.

Thank you very much that is very kind of you hunni, Lady sends you cyber puss cat kisses. xx

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2009, 18:12:46 PM »
Lady sounds lovely. I can't commit to a regular amount of money but will try and send a donation as soon as possible. Hopefully someone can offer this lovely old girl sponsorship.

• Senior Cat
    • The-Kats-Whiskers
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2009, 17:17:17 PM »
The vets said her teeth were fine a few weeks back when we picked her up, but as i said to hubby stress in a cat can bring all sorts to the surface. I'm doing all i possibly can to keep her comfortable but i do think her mouth needs looking at. She does have accidents now and then but i am working on that by taking her to the litter tray every so often. as i said i'm not sure how this works. 

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2009, 16:52:06 PM »
How much sponsorship are you looking for for this poor little girl ?

I'm not quite sure hunni. Iv'e never done this sort of thing before so i don't know how it works.  :-[
i would think enough to cover her tablets, a special diet, and some treatment to her mouth to help her eat better. The vets we got her from said her teeth were fine for her age but she is struggling eating at the moment. So i'm having to force feed her wich i hate doing.  :(

If she is struggling to eat there's something wrong and if it's teeth poor girl will need a dental too or some abs

• Senior Cat
    • The-Kats-Whiskers
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2009, 16:48:08 PM »

I'm not quite sure hunni. Iv'e never done this sort of thing before so i don't know how it works.  :-[
i would think enough to cover her tablets, a special diet, and some treatment to her mouth to help her eat better. The vets we got her from said her teeth were fine for her age but she is struggling eating at the moment. So i'm having to force feed her wich i hate doing.  :(

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2009, 16:41:16 PM »

• Senior Cat
    • The-Kats-Whiskers
Sponsorship Needed For Elderly Persian please - RIP LADY
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2009, 15:18:01 PM »
Hi my name is Shelly.

I run a small cat rescue from my home and I'm completely self funded and non profit making.
I have taken it upon my self for many years to rescue unwanted and abandoned cats and kittens.
and have found a lot of them loving forever homes.
Just lately i have been getting calls from a local vets asking if i can take in cats that have come to them as strays.

One of those cats who came to us on July 17, 2009  is a Persian female we have named Lady believed to be around 16 - 18yrs old and is on 2.4mg Fortekor tablet every day for the rest of her life however long that may be. And for this reason is unable to be re homed and i myself think it unfair to shunt her around any more due to her age.

Therefore i am looking for sponsorship for this old lady so i can give her the best care possible. She was very underweight and could barely stand when she came to us and had to have all her fur shaved off because it was so badly matted. Her fur is now growing back and she can climb the stairs to her night time bed. I am quite willing to give her sponsors regular updates and progress reports.

I am also happy to give any more information required. Both Lady and myself would be very grateful of any help offered. I can be contacted at Purrrrfect@the-kats-whiskers.co.uk Thank you.

Lots of Purrrs & Hugz.

a donate button can be found at...
www.the-kats-whiskers.co.uk

Purr Member Note -

It is up to the individual member to donate their money to a donation or fund request and Purrs advices strongly to carry out full checks that funds would be used for the stated Purpose.
 Purrs cannot be held responsible for members private donations to a request that is not an Official Purrs fundraisier or collection.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 14:24:37 PM by Tan »

Link to CatChat