Author Topic: Free to a good home - CatIt purifying filters  (Read 1956 times)

Offline Littlebobo

• Hero Cat
  • Yumi, Moggchops, Mister and Chalky !!!
Re: Free to a good home - CatIt purifying filters
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2007, 21:21:49 PM »
In an ideal world my servants would do it for me while i was having the house cleaned lol
Fuss me Fuss me ..Come on I have things to do like Eating and sleeping !

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2007, 20:47:57 PM »
In an ideal world, somene would clean it out and fill it every morning but .............
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Littlebobo

• Hero Cat
  • Yumi, Moggchops, Mister and Chalky !!!
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2007, 20:36:53 PM »
We have one of these and were trying to explain to our pet sitter how to know when it is empty ..and just told them if you hear a funny noise fill it up ...

Failing that i suppose he could just look at it ..DUH !!
Fuss me Fuss me ..Come on I have things to do like Eating and sleeping !

Offline scattycat

• Adult Cat
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2007, 13:54:27 PM »
My drinkwell has been happily (sort of) gushing away for 2 years now without any probs. I don't bother with the filter though. It always decides to get low on water when I am in bed and starts making the horrible shhhh shhhh sound!  :Crazy: If it's not that, the phone handset startd bleeping low battery at 3am  >:(

Mark, I think that's the type we'll probably buy to replace our catit one, but know exactly what you mean about when they run low on water especially at night as if it wakes you up, I dont know about you, but my immediate thought is 'what on earth is that noise!' (and then when you realise what it is, you cant get back to sleep and you have to refill all at 3am!).

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2007, 13:12:44 PM »
My drinkwell has been happily (sort of) gushing away for 2 years now without any probs. I don't bother with the filter though. It always decides to get low on water when I am in bed and starts making the horrible shhhh shhhh sound!  :Crazy: If it's not that, the phone handset startd bleeping low battery at 3am  >:(
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2007, 13:01:26 PM »
It was worth a try anyway  :)  Thanks Scatty, they will be put to good use........I've got 2 fountains and my babes love them, my parrots use them regularly as well to the annoyance of the cats   :rofl:

Offline scattycat

• Adult Cat
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2007, 12:58:58 PM »
Hi,

This will be a first come first gets job here.

Filters have found a new home for some lovely cats  ;D

Offline scattycat

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2007, 12:58:17 PM »
Becky, I've just emailed you but had a thought......has it definitely died?  I thought mine had packed in a few times but after taking the motor to pieces and cleaning it out properly, I resurrected it.  Might be worth a try before you give up on it.

Dawn, oh yes it's certainly died. I know we have had to buy a replacment motor for it before as our water is hard and clogs it up quite quickly, however the problem we had was that at some point (probably when I had been washing it in the sink) a crack had appeared in the dome which had got bigger, which then meant that the airlock was gone, so the water never went down - only up it appeared.

Husband tried to repair the crack on the dome by heating it up ... but that went wrong and it expanded (he told me it must have been due to the type of plastic used, and that it reverts to its original shape when hot type thing) ... so it's most definetly died  :evillaugh:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2007, 12:54:41 PM »
Becky, I've just emailed you but had a thought......has it definitely died?  I thought mine had packed in a few times but after taking the motor to pieces and cleaning it out properly, I resurrected it.  Might be worth a try before you give up on it.

Offline scattycat

• Adult Cat
Free to a good home - CatIt purifying filters
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2007, 12:49:38 PM »
Hi,

This will be a first come first gets job here.

Our CatIt water fountain died at the weekend, and as luck would have it, we'd only recently bought a set of 3 purifying filters for it - so I have 2 filters left.

First person to pm me (which I hope i've got it so you guys can pm me!) with your address I will send it in the post to you (it wont cost me more than 50p so am quite happy to spend that).

Becky

Link to CatChat