Author Topic: Enough is enough - Willow goes or I do!  (Read 1438 times)

Offline Bryony84

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Amber and Chilli
Re: Enough is enough - Willow goes or I do!
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2009, 14:14:49 PM »
Chilli pretty much always number 2's on the floor right next to one of the litter trays. Its nothing to do with the tray being clean as I've seen her do it next to a freshly cleaned tray. And she knows its wrong as she will run off and hide if I catch her!

http://furrytripod.wordpress.com/ : Casper's tripod blog and sponsorship page

Offline Philip

• Distinguished Cat
    • United Kingdom Ragdoll Cat Trust
  • Slave to: Ellie, Bertie, Christian, Saba
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2009, 12:11:10 PM »
Its so frustrating.

Delphi my rescue ragdoll still does number twos all over the place. She has 2 litter trays near her and I have taken her to the vets countless times where no cause could be found. I'm trying behavioural work but its really difficult.

Sometimes it makes you feel so mad. But you still love them.

:hug:
[/img]
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h61/cheekee_munkee/All-3-together-web.jpg[/img]

RIP Maddy 02/06/2009 xxx
RIP Delphi 21/02/2011 xxx
RIP Skye xxxx

Bring love and happiness to all you do and it will be repaid tenfold.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2009, 19:32:04 PM »
So do all the duties excepting the Willow clean up - I think MMs right and he needs to know how unpleasant the cleaning up is on a regular basis. I know a guy that used to put an upturned bowl over cat sick to get his point across when his partner said he didn't help clean up after the cat....she got the message!

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2009, 19:29:35 PM »
It is  :sigh:
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 19:30:41 PM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2009, 19:27:28 PM »
Maybe OH could take over scrubbing duties for a couple of weeks so he can see how you feel, has to be infuriating to continually clean up because he wont let go

Offline Sabrina (Auferstehen)

• Super Cat
    • Bywater Paws
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2009, 12:30:05 PM »
 :hug:

We have a ongoing rule in our house when it comes to buying anything, can/will the cats chew, break, wreck, cat fluids stain etc. Which has stopped me from buying a few nice things.

Unfortunately our Lirael loves to chew on wood, plastic, carpet, books, miniature figures etc, Gizmo is more picky and will only go for things made of paper....

Which explains when I want anything from my underwear drawer I have to move books, newspapers and magazines before I can find anything.

The only pee problem we have is catnip, we can't have anything in the house with it or Penguin pees on it which last time stained my new suede chair, the time before he actually peed on me so I'm not sure if that was a step up.

Just hang in there.  :hug:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2009, 11:32:31 AM »
Gosh! What a mare, Id be seething too!  :hug: :hug:

I dont think its the type of carpet Mark, its just its new and the smell is not familiar to her!  :Crazy: (AS YOU KNOW)  :sneaky:

Id defo take the other rug back.... :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2009, 10:21:26 AM »
Naughty Willow !

and one of these for You Mark  :hug:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2009, 10:20:38 AM »
I said to OH yesterday that we can't have anything that can't be hosed down or go in the washing machine  :( - He also wanted to get a new runner for the hallway as she ruined the last one - I suggested getting a turtle mat runner as at least it could go in the washing machine or I could take it to a launderette if it was too big. He said he didn't want an ugly mat in the hallway.

I can't believe that something that cost £220 yesterday has already been peed on - the large one for the other end of the dining room was £600 so no way is that going down. We took the carpet up and had the floors sanded as she had ruined that as it was. Rugs obviously are cheaper than new caret but not something to be replaced every week!

Thanks Ruth  :hug:

The rugs are so nice as well - There are 4 rugs in the garden that were ruined. I think the only thing that decided OH getting more was the fact that there is one rug left in the house that she hadn't peed on which is a habitat one. OH reasoned that maybe it is something to do with the hessian type smell with Afghan type rugs that makes her pee on them.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 10:23:46 AM by Mark »

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2009, 10:14:49 AM »
I think what you need more than advice is one of these :cuddle: and a :care:

I can only imagine the frustration. You love her but some days it's hard. :hug:

You have my number if you want to chat. x

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2009, 10:12:38 AM »
Mark I really do feel for you - it must be horrible

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
Enough is enough - Willow goes or I do!
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2009, 10:10:49 AM »
OH bought some lovely Shikona rugs in John Lewis Yesterday for the dining room. I warned that Willow would probably pee on them but OH said as they are newer type rugs rather than traditional type, they should be OK. OH laid one out last night and it is lovely. This morning, I saw Willow go into the dining room when I was making tea. I thought she might be bothering Clapton so went in there and she was peeing on it! - It has a long mixed pile so really hard to clean - I got the urine remover and while I was cleaning it, I found another patch of wet in a corner  >:(

The other larger rug is still in its wrapper so will have to go back for a refund. I can't accept that we can't have anything nice as long as she lives. Clapton has started using the room during the day so no really an option to keep the door shut.

Please don't anyone repeat the things about her needing to be an only cat/rehoming  etc - I am very well aware of that and have been for a long time. I just needed to air my frustration  :(

Link to CatChat