Author Topic: TBA; for Desley  (Read 2948 times)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: TBA; for Desley
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2007, 20:58:48 PM »
Sadly, it wouldnt' work for most of the people - the woman who wanted the tabby is a typical example - they want kittens so they can 'train' them from being young. The majority of us know on here that it doesn't always matter what you do with them at a young age, it might not 'mould' them into the kind of cat you want, whereas with an adult, you know their temperament. I wish more of the people who rang us were like the people on here, who are willing to accept cats as adults.
Please spay your cat

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2007, 20:32:27 PM »
I'm sure you've tried this, but maybe explaining that all kittens grow into cats and will be cats for much longer than they are a 'cute' kitten would help. If they take a cat, they can already see what the kitten has grown into. Maybe call them GK: grown kitten!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2007, 20:32:57 PM by Hippykitty »
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2007, 09:40:32 AM »
Hippy - I prefer oldies too, but sadly our waiting list only seems to contain people wanting kittens - when someone wanted a tabby kitten the other day, I asked if it had to be a kitten, she said yes. I said it was a shame as we have tabby adults in, but not kittens, and she apologised for not being able to help!!! We have had the ages of everyone but Molly on, and Erica has been with us since October with not one bit of interest, so this is the next ploy!!
Please spay your cat

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2007, 00:06:28 AM »
Older cats have such nice personalities, so serene. If they are nervous, a quiet environment will calm them. They have a few more health problems, but young cats do too. Perhaps it's because I have oldies that I'm a bit biased.

Kittens are SO much trouble, they NEVER leave you alone!! I've had two cats as kittens: one when I was only 9 and the family mostly cared for her, the other in the late 80s. That was Minnie, 12wks old! If I was writing she would try to cat the end of the pen because it wiggled; if reading, she wanted to be involved; and she had to be watched all the time, otherwise she'd get into some kind of trouble. I was so glad when she grew up! Kittens are cute, but 24hrs a day, boy are they trouble!

Give me the serenity of an older cat any day.  :hug:
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Offline Kelly

• Distinguished Cat
  • My first rescues Chas and Dave!!!
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2007, 21:55:38 PM »
Unfortunately Hippykitty in our area you are in the minority - of 1 !!
Only The Educated Are Free

www.catactiontrust1977.co.uk

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2007, 23:06:26 PM »
And here was me thinking it meant: This Bad Animal! :rofl:

Wouldn't it be better to put an age? Some people like older cats (me!).  :hug:

Offline Kelly

• Distinguished Cat
  • My first rescues Chas and Dave!!!
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2007, 19:11:53 PM »
TBA on the cats means to be advised - we do not have an age for Molly, but we're hoping someone might at least enquire about Erica - she's been with us a while and I think her age puts people off - as soon as anyone enquires we will of course tell them her age but we're hoping she might get some interest at least
Only The Educated Are Free

www.catactiontrust1977.co.uk

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2007, 11:00:57 AM »
Kelly actually does our website, but she did say she had taken the ages off some of our 'mature' cats that keep getting overlooked to see if it helps them find a home, so can only assume that is what she has put in their place, so not 100% sure what it stands for.
Please spay your cat

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2007, 09:06:01 AM »
Its to be advised well thats what it is at work anyway
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Wizzles
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2007, 07:46:29 AM »
To be announced?

Thats my guess  :shify:
Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Kitty Von Bizmark (Wizzles) ^Lucas^(??/97 - 21/11/07)
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
TBA; for Desley
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2007, 23:11:04 PM »
Desley, I was just having a peek at your website and noticed that many of the cats have TBA against their age profile. What does this mean?

Link to CatChat